Sharkoon introduces two micro-ATX cases, which despite its compact form factor, can contain graphic cards up to 36 cm in length: The Sharkoon MS120 mATX and the Sharkoon 140 mATX are especially aimed at gamers who are looking for a handy companion at LAN parties and at the same time not wanting to miss out on extra-long graphics power.
The two black finished cases differ in their front fan configurations: The MS120 is equipped with two blue illuminating 120 mm front fans behind a mesh insert. The MS140 instead features a blue illuminating 140 mm front fan. The MS120 is a little taller at 375 mm than the MS140 at 368 mm.
In addition, the functionality of both is the same: Both cases contain auxiliary audio and three USB2.0 ports, and a SuperSpeed USB3.0 port on the front of the I/O panel. Inside contains an optical drive, an externally accessible 3.5 inch drive and four extension card slots, and up to four 3.5 inch hard drives or up to six 2.5 inch hard drives or SSDs. The data mediums are inserted lengthwise within the two suspended mounting panels. On both panels, either two 3.5 inch hard drives can be decoupled installed or three 2.5 inch drives can be firmly attached. If necessary, one of the two panels can be removed to make room for the up to 36 cm long graphic card; thus comfortably accommodating high-end models, such as the Nvidias GeForce GTX590 or AMDs Radeon 6990. As a trade-off for the removable panel, an additional hard drive bracket is added to the base area.
Despite its compact design, efficient cooling of the housing is ensured: The airflow through the pre-installed front fan is supported through the air intake on the side panel. By surrendering the supported PCIe-Slot on the mainboard for a graphic card cooler, a filter-protected 120mm fan can be mounted to the base of the case. Additionally, a fixture to mount an 80 or 92mm fan is located in the rear. The case measures 420 x 175 x 375 (MS120) or 368 (MS140) millimeters, the empty weight is 4 kg.
End customers can find the Sharkoon MS120 mATX and the Sharkoon MS140 mATX in authorized retailers.
Sharkoon MS120 mATX: MSRP 34.90 euros
Sharkoon MS140 mATX: MSRP 29.90 euros
Latest News Posts
- New Google Pixel 2 leak: The headphone jack is gone
- Meizu unveils Pro 7: Dual camera, secondary display
- Visceral's Star Wars game on schedule for 2018 release
- The first official pictures of Radeon RX Vega leaked
- AMD Vega 20 with 32GB of HBM2 teased with Vega 10/11/12
- FSP Windale 6 CPU Cooler Review
- Fnatic Gear RUSH G1 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers