Sharkoon introduces two micro-ATX cases, which despite its compact form factor, can contain graphic cards up to 36 cm in length: The Sharkoon MS120 mATX and the Sharkoon 140 mATX are especially aimed at gamers who are looking for a handy companion at LAN parties and at the same time not wanting to miss out on extra-long graphics power.
The two black finished cases differ in their front fan configurations: The MS120 is equipped with two blue illuminating 120 mm front fans behind a mesh insert. The MS140 instead features a blue illuminating 140 mm front fan. The MS120 is a little taller at 375 mm than the MS140 at 368 mm.
In addition, the functionality of both is the same: Both cases contain auxiliary audio and three USB2.0 ports, and a SuperSpeed USB3.0 port on the front of the I/O panel. Inside contains an optical drive, an externally accessible 3.5 inch drive and four extension card slots, and up to four 3.5 inch hard drives or up to six 2.5 inch hard drives or SSDs. The data mediums are inserted lengthwise within the two suspended mounting panels. On both panels, either two 3.5 inch hard drives can be decoupled installed or three 2.5 inch drives can be firmly attached. If necessary, one of the two panels can be removed to make room for the up to 36 cm long graphic card; thus comfortably accommodating high-end models, such as the Nvidias GeForce GTX590 or AMDs Radeon 6990. As a trade-off for the removable panel, an additional hard drive bracket is added to the base area.
Despite its compact design, efficient cooling of the housing is ensured: The airflow through the pre-installed front fan is supported through the air intake on the side panel. By surrendering the supported PCIe-Slot on the mainboard for a graphic card cooler, a filter-protected 120mm fan can be mounted to the base of the case. Additionally, a fixture to mount an 80 or 92mm fan is located in the rear. The case measures 420 x 175 x 375 (MS120) or 368 (MS140) millimeters, the empty weight is 4 kg.
End customers can find the Sharkoon MS120 mATX and the Sharkoon MS140 mATX in authorized retailers.
Sharkoon MS120 mATX: MSRP 34.90 euros
Sharkoon MS140 mATX: MSRP 29.90 euros
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn: solid 30FPS on the PS4 Pro
- AMD Ryzen explained: motherboards, CPUs, and more
- SpaceX successfully lands another Falcon 9 rocket
- Nintendo Switch teardown teases massive 4310mAh battery
- Mass Effect Andromeda's latest gameplay video is here
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact