Sharkoon introduces two micro-ATX cases, which despite its compact form factor, can contain graphic cards up to 36 cm in length: The Sharkoon MS120 mATX and the Sharkoon 140 mATX are especially aimed at gamers who are looking for a handy companion at LAN parties and at the same time not wanting to miss out on extra-long graphics power.
The two black finished cases differ in their front fan configurations: The MS120 is equipped with two blue illuminating 120 mm front fans behind a mesh insert. The MS140 instead features a blue illuminating 140 mm front fan. The MS120 is a little taller at 375 mm than the MS140 at 368 mm.
In addition, the functionality of both is the same: Both cases contain auxiliary audio and three USB2.0 ports, and a SuperSpeed USB3.0 port on the front of the I/O panel. Inside contains an optical drive, an externally accessible 3.5 inch drive and four extension card slots, and up to four 3.5 inch hard drives or up to six 2.5 inch hard drives or SSDs. The data mediums are inserted lengthwise within the two suspended mounting panels. On both panels, either two 3.5 inch hard drives can be decoupled installed or three 2.5 inch drives can be firmly attached. If necessary, one of the two panels can be removed to make room for the up to 36 cm long graphic card; thus comfortably accommodating high-end models, such as the Nvidias GeForce GTX590 or AMDs Radeon 6990. As a trade-off for the removable panel, an additional hard drive bracket is added to the base area.
Despite its compact design, efficient cooling of the housing is ensured: The airflow through the pre-installed front fan is supported through the air intake on the side panel. By surrendering the supported PCIe-Slot on the mainboard for a graphic card cooler, a filter-protected 120mm fan can be mounted to the base of the case. Additionally, a fixture to mount an 80 or 92mm fan is located in the rear. The case measures 420 x 175 x 375 (MS120) or 368 (MS140) millimeters, the empty weight is 4 kg.
End customers can find the Sharkoon MS120 mATX and the Sharkoon MS140 mATX in authorized retailers.
Sharkoon MS120 mATX: MSRP 34.90 euros
Sharkoon MS140 mATX: MSRP 29.90 euros
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft loves PC gaming, no HDR support in Halo Wars 2
- Pentium G4560 costs $64, fights Core i5-2500K at $270
- Modified Tesla Model S goes from 0-100 in 2.1 seconds
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99