2K GAMES LICENSES NVIDIA PHYSX TECHNOLOGY FOR ITS STUDIOS WORLDWIDE
SANTA CLARA, CA-DECEMBER 8, 2008-NVIDIA Corporation today announced that 2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., has selected NVIDIA® PhysX technology for use by 2K Games' studios worldwide. NVIDIA PhysX technology is the world's most pervasive physics solution for designing real-time, real-world effects into interactive entertainment titles, and is another example of how NVIDIA GPUs transcend beyond the realm of just graphics rendering.
"We are very impressed with the quality of the PhysX engine and we licensed it so our studios can use this solution early in development," said Jacob Hawley, technology director for 2K. "Developing games with an interactive story and immersive gameplay remains our number one priority, and aligning with technology leaders like NVIDIA allows our teams to concentrate on making great games."
The NVIDIA PhysX development solution consists of a robust physics engine, API, and software development kit (SDK) designed to give developers and animators unprecedented creative control over the look of their final in-game interactivity by allowing them to author and preview physics in real time.
PhysX technology works across all major gaming platforms, including Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and the PC, and can be accelerated by both the CPU and any CUDA general purpose parallel computing processor, including NVIDIA GeForce® GPUs. The massively parallel architecture in GeForce GPUs can handle 10 to 20 times more visual complexity than what's possible today on traditional platforms, and can leverage the best of both GPU and CPU architectures to deliver the ultimate experience to the user. More importantly, NVIDIA PhysX technology will deliver faster performance and richer environments based on the number of GPUs or CPUs in the PC, or the varied computing capacities of today's console platforms.
"NVIDIA and 2K Games are dedicated to advancing technology that powers gaming," said Ujesh Desai, vice president of GeForce desktop business at NVIDIA. "We look forward to working with the leaders in the industry to bring some amazing new games to market."
2K Games will be using PhysX for its upcoming title, Borderlands, developed by Gearbox Software, among other future releases.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft axes original Forza Horizon from store
- Batman VR is finalised but Rocksteady wants to move on
- Pasadena, California to tax streaming services
- New scoop on latest Destiny DLC 'Days of Iron' amour
- Boost your resume with two in-demand tech certifications
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now