2K GAMES LICENSES NVIDIA PHYSX TECHNOLOGY FOR ITS STUDIOS WORLDWIDE
SANTA CLARA, CA-DECEMBER 8, 2008-NVIDIA Corporation today announced that 2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., has selected NVIDIA® PhysX technology for use by 2K Games' studios worldwide. NVIDIA PhysX technology is the world's most pervasive physics solution for designing real-time, real-world effects into interactive entertainment titles, and is another example of how NVIDIA GPUs transcend beyond the realm of just graphics rendering.
"We are very impressed with the quality of the PhysX engine and we licensed it so our studios can use this solution early in development," said Jacob Hawley, technology director for 2K. "Developing games with an interactive story and immersive gameplay remains our number one priority, and aligning with technology leaders like NVIDIA allows our teams to concentrate on making great games."
The NVIDIA PhysX development solution consists of a robust physics engine, API, and software development kit (SDK) designed to give developers and animators unprecedented creative control over the look of their final in-game interactivity by allowing them to author and preview physics in real time.
PhysX technology works across all major gaming platforms, including Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and the PC, and can be accelerated by both the CPU and any CUDA general purpose parallel computing processor, including NVIDIA GeForce® GPUs. The massively parallel architecture in GeForce GPUs can handle 10 to 20 times more visual complexity than what's possible today on traditional platforms, and can leverage the best of both GPU and CPU architectures to deliver the ultimate experience to the user. More importantly, NVIDIA PhysX technology will deliver faster performance and richer environments based on the number of GPUs or CPUs in the PC, or the varied computing capacities of today's console platforms.
"NVIDIA and 2K Games are dedicated to advancing technology that powers gaming," said Ujesh Desai, vice president of GeForce desktop business at NVIDIA. "We look forward to working with the leaders in the industry to bring some amazing new games to market."
2K Games will be using PhysX for its upcoming title, Borderlands, developed by Gearbox Software, among other future releases.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Rise for 'Kong' in first 'Skull Island' trailer
- 'Justice League' and 'Wonder Woman' teaser trailers revealed at SDCC
- 7-Eleven makes its first drone delivery, with a Slurpee
- James Cameron talks 'The Abyss' 4K Blu-ray remaster
- AMC reveals The Walking Dead season 7 trailer at SDCC
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard