As regulators across Asia-Pacific continue to grapple with the allocation of new spectrum bands at 700MHz and 2600MHz for LTE, a large number of operators in the region with immediate LTE plans have no choice but to use the 1800MHz band for LTE.
The more operators that join the LTE1800 bandwagon, the better it becomes for the LTE1800 device ecosystem, which is fairly small today. The 1800MHz band for LTE is also critical for roaming reasons for Asian operators.
Six operators have launched LTE already at 1800MHz, with Telstra and Vodafone Australia also planning the same.
Also, Japanese behemoth NTT DoCoMo said last week that it intends to use 1800MHz for LTE, while South Korean giant SK Telecom recently paid almost US$930 million for 1800MHz spectrum for LTE.
Ovum forecasts that LTE connections in Asia-Pacific will make-up 19% of mobile broadband connections in the region by end-2016.
Ovum provides clients with independent and objective analysis that enables them to make better business and technology decisions. Our research draws upon over 400,000 interviews a year with business and technology, telecoms and sourcing decision-makers, giving Ovum and our clients unparalleled insight not only into business requirements but also the technology that organisations must support. Ovum is part of the Informa Group
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen AM4 socket pictured on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Impact
- Tesla inks $9 billion deal to build a new factory in China
- Battlefield 1: experimenting with weapons in closed alpha test
- Blade Runner meets Fallout 4 in this amazing settlement creation
- Resident Evil 7 isn't a reboot, you play a powerless, ordinary person
- which has appears diagnosing to whom the people additionally energy y
- Owen stayed at true to her bit
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines