As regulators across Asia-Pacific continue to grapple with the allocation of new spectrum bands at 700MHz and 2600MHz for LTE, a large number of operators in the region with immediate LTE plans have no choice but to use the 1800MHz band for LTE.
The more operators that join the LTE1800 bandwagon, the better it becomes for the LTE1800 device ecosystem, which is fairly small today. The 1800MHz band for LTE is also critical for roaming reasons for Asian operators.
Six operators have launched LTE already at 1800MHz, with Telstra and Vodafone Australia also planning the same.
Also, Japanese behemoth NTT DoCoMo said last week that it intends to use 1800MHz for LTE, while South Korean giant SK Telecom recently paid almost US$930 million for 1800MHz spectrum for LTE.
Ovum forecasts that LTE connections in Asia-Pacific will make-up 19% of mobile broadband connections in the region by end-2016.
Ovum provides clients with independent and objective analysis that enables them to make better business and technology decisions. Our research draws upon over 400,000 interviews a year with business and technology, telecoms and sourcing decision-makers, giving Ovum and our clients unparalleled insight not only into business requirements but also the technology that organisations must support. Ovum is part of the Informa Group
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni