VIA Labs, Inc., a leading supplier of SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) integrated chip controllers, today unveiled the VIA Labs VL811 4-port SuperSpeed Hub Controller. The VL811 is VIA Labs' second-generation USB 3.0 Hub product, and adds support for USB Battery Charging Spec. 1.2. Beyond transfer rates of up to 5Gbps, the VL811 features improved performance for new and existing devices with host controllers, and adds rapid-charging capabilities.
"VIA Labs VL811 builds on the success of the VL810, the world's first 4-port USB 3.0 Hub controller," said Terrance Shih, Project Manager of VIA Labs, Inc USB 3.0 Hubs. "It adds exciting new features, such as the rapid charging function and improved performance."
The VIA Labs VL811 hub controller adds a feature called "Charging Downstream Port," CDP, as defined in the USB Battery Charging Specification. When a BCS-compatible device is attached, the device can charge over 3x faster than conventional hubs or hosts. CDP allows users to transfer data while simultaneously charging their device at the same rate as when charging from an AC adapter.
VIA Labs VL811 USB 3.0 Hub Controller
The VIA Labs VL811 enables a single downstream port of a host computer or another hub to simultaneously interface with multiple USB devices. The VIA Labs VL811 hub controller supports the higher transfer rates of the USB 3.0 specification, allowing maximum data transfer rates of up to 5Gbps, or ten times the maximum throughput available to USB 2.0 based devices, while remaining fully backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1 hosts, hubs, and devices. In addition to rapid transfers, the VIA Labs VL811 also allows for rapid charging of BCS compatible devices through the CDP feature.
Employing an advanced CMOS process, its integrated in-house USB PHY allows simultaneous operation at Super-speed (5.0Gbps), High-Speed (480Mbps), Full-Speed (12Mbps), and Low-Speed (1.5Mbps). Employing adaptive equalization, VL811 also offers improved signal integrity over a variety of topologies and channel conditions, and makes VL811 well suited not only for stand-alone hubs, but also USB Docking, integrated motherboard, and compound device applications.
For more information about the VIA Labs VL811 USB 3.0 hub controller, please visit this page.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's Radeon Pro SSG handles 8K 96FPS, thanks to an on-board M.2 SSD
- AMD introduces Radeon Pro WX series, Polaris-based workstation cards
- Grand Theft Auto V's new mod pushes close to photo-realistic graphics
- Rare Boba Fett 'Star Wars' action figure sells for $34k at auction
- Nintendo NX will reportedly be unveiled soon, 'sounds' expensive
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio