Logitech Introduces Comfort Lapdesk for Notebooks
Logitech Lapdesk Gives You More Comfort When Using Your Notebook on the Sofa, Bed or Floor
FREMONT, Calif. - Dec. 8, 2008 - You can use your laptop anywhere in your home. But what you gain in mobility, you often sacrifice in comfort. To address this pain point, Logitech (SIX LOGN) (NASDAQ LOGI) today introduced the Logitech® Comfort Lapdesk for Notebooks - the newest addition to the company's line of notebook accessories. The Comfort Lapdesk provides a stable base and helps protect against laptop heat whether you're working from the comfort of your couch, relaxing on your bed or reclining on the living-room floor.
"While other lapdesks promise improved comfort, they often fall short because of poor design and low-quality materials," said Denis Pavillard, Logitech's vice president of product marketing for keyboards and desktops. "The new Logitech lapdesk has a thoughtful design that will help make your laptop experience more comfortable, wherever you use your computer."
Logitech research revealed that nearly 60 percent of people who use a laptop at home use it on the couch so they can be with their families while browsing the Web, e-mailing or chatting. In addition, the research showed that 36 percent use a laptop on the bed and 16 percent use it while sitting or lying on the floor. However, nearly 50 percent of those people report concerns about laptop heat and 41 percent raise concerns about posture. Some people use a pillow or book in an attempt to provide a barrier to the heat emitted from the laptop, but those solutions often end up trapping heat, making it even hotter.
Unlike makeshift solutions and other lapdesks, the Comfort Lapdesk features a four-layer, heat-shielding design. The bottom-layer's fabric and an air-flow chamber between the lapdesk's base and top combine to further minimize heat. Plus, instead of the whole laptop lying flat against the body, the arched base makes contact with the legs in just four places, improving air flow.
To provide a stable foundation for comfortable laptop use, the cushioned base allows people to relax their legs instead of locking the knees together to support the computer. In addition, a non-slip glossy finish on the top of the lapdesk helps prevent the computer from sliding around. And a 12-degree angled riser positions the notebook to a height that supports neck and leg comfort (when used in a seated position).
When you're done using the computer, the lapdesk's thin, streamlined profile makes it easy to slide under a couch or bed, or it can stand upright for storage next to the sofa.
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech Comfort Lapdesk for Notebooks is expected to be available in Europe in January and in the U.S. in February for a suggested retail price of $39.99 (U.S.).
Logitech is a world leader in personal peripherals, driving innovation in PC navigation, Internet communications, digital music, home-entertainment control, gaming and wireless devices. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
Latest News Posts
- Samsung DeX transforms your Galaxy S8 into a desktop PC
- Samsung unveils new Gear 360 camera
- Nintendo focused on gameplay over visuals in Zelda BOTW
- These are the differences between the Galaxy S7 and S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+: Everything you need to know
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design