Launches Companion Line to Highly Successful S511 SSD Series
Taipei, Taiwan - September 8 2011 - ADATA Technology, a leading manufacturer of high-performance DRAM modules and NAND Flash application products, today announced the release of the S510 Solid State Drive (SSD), a mid-range version of the company's flagship S511. Implementing the SATA III (6Gb/sec) specification, the S510 is aimed at the growing pool of users who recognize the cost and performance advantages of solid state drive upgrades for both desktop and portable computers.
The performance advantages of the SATA III transfer specification are becoming well-known among consumers, and the S510 capitalizes on this trend with native support through adoption of the SandForce SF-2200 series chip. Its read and write speeds are twice that of SSDs using the older SATA II specification, and in real world test simulations reached 550/510MB read and write speeds respectively, with 4K random write speeds as high as 85,000 IOPS.
Outside of the new computer market, SSDs are increasingly seen as a cost-effective option for upgrading existing laptop and notebook computers, as these systems often benefit more in terms of boot speed and application performance over comparable desktop systems. Additionally, laptop and notebook users are more likely to need the low heat and high impact resistance of solid state storage. By replacing the mechanical drive with an SSD, the useful life of the laptop or notebook can be extended.
The S510 will be available in 120GB capacities.
The new S510 solid state drive is distributed through designated agents and resellers. For more information, visit the ADATA Web site: http://www.adata-group.com
Latest News Posts
- Google anticipates next billion smartphones sold in just six countries
- One year later, Sally Beauty suffers another data breach
- Innodisk shows off world's fastest Intel Atom server RAM
- Making sense of Taylor Swift's decision to pull music from Spotify
- Animal-inspired robots could be used to help explore space
- Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler Review
- 970 Extreme 4 - Load Line Calibration, Does not work properly.
- Q flesh Error Incorrect file size Motherboard B85M- D3H
- Mobo Software Question (SB X-Fi 7)
- Hounds Online: The Last Hope Released
- EUROCOM P7 Pro Mobile Workstation supports a full line of MXM 3.0b NVIDIA Quadro K5100M, K3100M and K1100M professional graphics and Intel Core i7-4700 Desktop Processor Series
- More Performance, Features, and Value: New AMD A-Series Desktop Processors Deliver Best-In-Class Experience for eSports and Online Gaming
- ADATA Teases its Computex 2015 Unveiling
- Logic Supply Previews its Upcoming ML600 Series Fanless PC
- Introducing the The NanoXia Project