Velocity Micro Cruz T408 and Cruz T410 designed to be the fastest, most feature laden tablets on the market for under $300
RICHMOND, VA - September 7, 2011 - Velocity Micro, the premier builder of award winning enthusiast desktops, laptops, peripherals, and the remarkable Cruz tablet, announces the availability of two new Android tablets - the 8" Cruz T408 and the 10" Cruz T410. Designed by Velocity Micro's team of world class engineers to emphasize speed, content, style, and value, these newly announced Cruzes provide all of the features consumers are craving while still hitting an attractive pricepoint, making them the perfect devices to tap into a new market of value conscious shopper. The T408 and T410 will retail at $239.99 and $299.99 respectively.
"With these new tablets, we've leveraged our years of expertise in building premium, award winning desktops to create two new devices that are fast, feature rich, and amazingly affordable," said Randy Copeland, President and CEO of Velocity Micro. "Making expensive, jaw dropping products is easy - speed and value are what we focused on with these new devices. We've succeeded in both regards with the T408 and T410. They're really fast and very affordable."
The 4:3 aspect ratio 8" Velocity Micro Cruz T408 is thin and lightweight, the perfect size for on the go users unwilling to sacrifice on power or functionality. At just $239.99, it's the first 8-inch tablet to offer a premier customer experience at a mainstream value. Featuring a lustrous design with smooth, clean lines and thin bezels for a sleek appearance, the 16:9 ratio 10" Velocity Micro Cruz T410 has all the look and feel of a premium Android tablet but at $299.99, comes at almost half the price.
Key features and specs of both the Cruz T408 and T410 include:
Ultra responsive capacitive touch screens
1GHz Cortex A8 processors
Front facing cameras
A premium software suite including full versions of Angry Birds Rio and QuickOffice
Content via Amazon® Kindle for Android
Downloadable Apps from the Amazon Appstore preinstalled - access to thousands of pretested applications
A fully licensed version of Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3
Android version 2.3 (Gingerbread)
1-year parts and labor warranty with premium 100% US-based, non-tiered support
The Cruz T408 and T410 will be available by the end of September from most major electronics retailers in the US. For more information on these new devices or on the Cruz line, visit CruzTablet.com.
ABOUT VELOCITY MICRO, INC.
Velocity Micro, Inc. is the premier high-performance personal computer provider in North America. Founded in 1992, Richmond, Va.-based Velocity Micro custom builds award winning gaming, mobile, multimedia, small business, workstation, visual supercomputers and peripherals. Velocity Micro products are currently available at most consumer electronics retailers nationwide. For more information, please call (800) 303-7866 or visit http://www.VelocityMicro.com.
Velocity Micro has earned over 60 industry awards, including 15 PC Magazine Editor's Choice awards. CNET, Maximum PC, Mobile PC, PC World, Computer Gaming World, Computer Shopper, and PC Gamer editors have all chosen Velocity Micro systems as some of the industry's best-performing, highest-quality, and most reliable PCs.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS