Velocity Micro Cruz T408 and Cruz T410 designed to be the fastest, most feature laden tablets on the market for under $300
RICHMOND, VA - September 7, 2011 - Velocity Micro, the premier builder of award winning enthusiast desktops, laptops, peripherals, and the remarkable Cruz tablet, announces the availability of two new Android tablets - the 8" Cruz T408 and the 10" Cruz T410. Designed by Velocity Micro's team of world class engineers to emphasize speed, content, style, and value, these newly announced Cruzes provide all of the features consumers are craving while still hitting an attractive pricepoint, making them the perfect devices to tap into a new market of value conscious shopper. The T408 and T410 will retail at $239.99 and $299.99 respectively.
"With these new tablets, we've leveraged our years of expertise in building premium, award winning desktops to create two new devices that are fast, feature rich, and amazingly affordable," said Randy Copeland, President and CEO of Velocity Micro. "Making expensive, jaw dropping products is easy - speed and value are what we focused on with these new devices. We've succeeded in both regards with the T408 and T410. They're really fast and very affordable."
The 4:3 aspect ratio 8" Velocity Micro Cruz T408 is thin and lightweight, the perfect size for on the go users unwilling to sacrifice on power or functionality. At just $239.99, it's the first 8-inch tablet to offer a premier customer experience at a mainstream value. Featuring a lustrous design with smooth, clean lines and thin bezels for a sleek appearance, the 16:9 ratio 10" Velocity Micro Cruz T410 has all the look and feel of a premium Android tablet but at $299.99, comes at almost half the price.
Key features and specs of both the Cruz T408 and T410 include:
Ultra responsive capacitive touch screens
1GHz Cortex A8 processors
Front facing cameras
A premium software suite including full versions of Angry Birds Rio and QuickOffice
Content via Amazon® Kindle for Android
Downloadable Apps from the Amazon Appstore preinstalled - access to thousands of pretested applications
A fully licensed version of Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3
Android version 2.3 (Gingerbread)
1-year parts and labor warranty with premium 100% US-based, non-tiered support
The Cruz T408 and T410 will be available by the end of September from most major electronics retailers in the US. For more information on these new devices or on the Cruz line, visit CruzTablet.com.
ABOUT VELOCITY MICRO, INC.
Velocity Micro, Inc. is the premier high-performance personal computer provider in North America. Founded in 1992, Richmond, Va.-based Velocity Micro custom builds award winning gaming, mobile, multimedia, small business, workstation, visual supercomputers and peripherals. Velocity Micro products are currently available at most consumer electronics retailers nationwide. For more information, please call (800) 303-7866 or visit http://www.VelocityMicro.com.
Velocity Micro has earned over 60 industry awards, including 15 PC Magazine Editor's Choice awards. CNET, Maximum PC, Mobile PC, PC World, Computer Gaming World, Computer Shopper, and PC Gamer editors have all chosen Velocity Micro systems as some of the industry's best-performing, highest-quality, and most reliable PCs.
Latest News Posts
- NASA says private space efforts to reach Mars will need support
- TSMC aiming for 10nm production next year, followed by 7nm in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront won't use Battlelog, has offline singleplayer
- Rockstar fixes login problems with the first patch for GTA V
- Sony Xperia Z4 teased thanks to WikiLeaks' dump of internal Sony docs
- Drives showing incorrect free space after installing 32GB of memory
- Memtest sometimes pass, sometimes dont.
- Asrock 990FX Fatality Killer - 2X ASUS R9 290 DIRECT CU2 OC Crossfire Problem
- MB doesn't see M.2 PCI-E SSD
- Advice for Asrock N68C-GS4FX
- OWC Viper Pro Thunderbolt External SSD Premieres at NAB 2015
- HP Introduces WS Storage Advancement, Mobile WS and Professional Displays
- NEC Introduces Two New AccuSync LED-backlit Monitors
- BIOSTAR Releases the H81MDC-LSP Motherboard
- HGST Ships NVM Express Compliant Solid-State Drives