BIOSTAR, a world famous manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards, industrial computing systems and computer peripherals, expanded the T Series with the TZ68K+ motherboard based on the latest single-chip Intel Z68 chipset. The new board features the ATX form-factor (305 x 230 mm) and is aimed at system integrators and individual builders of high-performance desktop systems.
The BIOSTAR TZ68K+ motherboard fully supports all functional capabilities embedded into the latest version of the Intel Z68 chipset. They are a support for second-generation multi-core Intel Core i7, Core i5 and Core i3 CPUs (Sandy Bridge) with TDP up to 95W for the LGA 1155 Socket, integrated SATA 3.0 ports (SATA600) and speedy PCI Express 2.0 interfaces for peripherals. One can also arrange RAID 0, 1, 5 and 10 arrays with the Matrix RAID function and make use of the Smart Response technology that allows caching storage devices with additional flash memory.
The BIOSTAR TZ68K+ boards are equipped with four DIMM slots supporting dual-channel DDR3 memory up to 16 GB including the "overclocked" DDR3-2200Mhz modules. Peripherals are supported via two PCI-E x16 2.0 slots (x16 + x4), two PCI slots and one PCI-E x1 2.0. There are two speedy interfaces for storage - SATA3 6 Gbps/s and four SATA2 3 Gbps/s connectors.
The latest high-speed USB 3.0 interface is realized with the additional ASMedia ASM1042 chip, and two USB 3.0 ports supplement five USB 2.0 ones. Communication is based on the Gigabit LAN interface based on the Realtek RTL8111E chip, and the full-scale 6-channel Blu-ray-quality audio comes with the latest Realtek ALC892 codec.
Supporting all modern discrete graphics with the PCI-E x16 2.0 interface including solutions based on two AMD cards in the ATI CrossFire X configuration the TZ68K+ board can fully use the power of the Intel HD Graphics core integrated into the second-generation Intel Core CPUs. At the same time, it comes with digital HDMI and DVI outputs and an analog D-sub video-out. With the supplied Virtu GPU Virtualization Software a user can flexibly manage performance and power consumption of the discrete and integrated graphics in different types of applications. Besides, the board supports the Intel Smart Response Technology (it requires update of BIOS and Intel RST Driver to the latest version).
The TZ68K+ boards feature reliable solid-state capacitors and are ready for any kind of overclocking experiments in tough conditions. The universal flexible T-overclocker Windows utility which consists of several powerful tools for fine system tuning allows tuning performance of CPU, memory subsystem, and CPU cooler and north bridge fans and follows the overall system status.
The board also supports the BIO-Remote2 technology for remote management of PC multimedia capabilities with Android and Apple gadgets. Besides, the Charger Booster technology allows for accelerated charging of gadgets via USB irrespective of the system status.
The hardware Rapid Switch technology duplicates power and reset buttons right on the motherboard that is why there is no need to close various contacts for fast system tuning as there is a certain risk of system damage. The Rapid Debug 3 technology shows critical POST codes and a current CPU temperature on the multi-segment LED indicator.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Pokemon NO! Parents start naming babies after Pokemon GO characters
- Disney developing 'Rocketeer' sequel
- Free multiplayer modes coming to Doom tomorrrow, Deathmatch later on
- EA's Origin client is getting a new look, currently in beta
- Unlock new career paths with an in-demand tech certification
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio