Toshiba Corporation today announced that it will launch the world's first SDHC memory card with embedded wireless LAN functionality to meet the SD Memory Card Standard. The new card, "FlashAir", has an 8GB capacity and supports both peer-to-peer transfers and uploads to and downloads from servers. Samples will be available from November 2011 and sales will start in February 2012.
At a time when digital cameras have achieved immense popularity, users want a quick and easy way to share photographs with friends and to transfer them to and from online storage services and social networks. Toshiba provides the solution with FlashAir, the world's first SDHC memory card with embedded wireless LAN functionality that is fully compliant with the SD Memory Card Standard.
FlashAir's embedded wireless communication function allows users to upload and download photographs to and from a server and to exchange photographs and other data with other devices, including digital cameras that are FlashAir compliant and, smartphones and PCs that support wireless LAN. All transfers are done wirelessly, without any need for a cable connection. Key features of the new card include the ability to receive as well as transmit and lower power consumption than other cards with similar functions.
Even in digital cameras not compliant with FlashAir, the new card can share digital images with smart phones and PCs that support wireless LAN.
Toshiba will secure certification of FlashAir for wireless communication in Japan, North America and Europe.
Toshiba will reinforce and extend its leadership of memory business by further enhancing its SD memory card line-up.
Latest News Posts
- Valve's retail presence involves GameStop, EB Games and Game UK
- Win a copy of BBC Earth's amazing 'Life Story' Blu-ray documentary
- This is what Half-Life 2 looks like when rendered in Unreal Engine 4
- Chromecast 2's CPU is 2.5 times faster than its predecessor's
- Destiny moves towards microtransactions to fund new DLC
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- Buffalo TeraStation 5200 Windows Storage Server Review
- USB 3.0 (or even 3.1) header availability for Armorsuit PC-P60?
- Project Core XD
- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ No video first boot
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog