Toshiba Corporation today announced that it will launch the world's first SDHC memory card with embedded wireless LAN functionality to meet the SD Memory Card Standard. The new card, "FlashAir", has an 8GB capacity and supports both peer-to-peer transfers and uploads to and downloads from servers. Samples will be available from November 2011 and sales will start in February 2012.
At a time when digital cameras have achieved immense popularity, users want a quick and easy way to share photographs with friends and to transfer them to and from online storage services and social networks. Toshiba provides the solution with FlashAir, the world's first SDHC memory card with embedded wireless LAN functionality that is fully compliant with the SD Memory Card Standard.
FlashAir's embedded wireless communication function allows users to upload and download photographs to and from a server and to exchange photographs and other data with other devices, including digital cameras that are FlashAir compliant and, smartphones and PCs that support wireless LAN. All transfers are done wirelessly, without any need for a cable connection. Key features of the new card include the ability to receive as well as transmit and lower power consumption than other cards with similar functions.
Even in digital cameras not compliant with FlashAir, the new card can share digital images with smart phones and PCs that support wireless LAN.
Toshiba will secure certification of FlashAir for wireless communication in Japan, North America and Europe.
Toshiba will reinforce and extend its leadership of memory business by further enhancing its SD memory card line-up.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung profits expected to fall short, even with Galaxy S6 release
- No Man's Sky shown off in a new 18-minute gameplay video
- F1 2015 gameplay captured on PC at 1080p 60FPS
- Save 58% on a Lifetime Subscription to Penzu Pro Digital Journal
- Realtek has produced a new onboard LAN chip aimed at gamers
- CM Storm Sirus-C Professional 2.2 Gaming Headset Review
- Z77 Extreme 4 USB dead?
- Gigabyty strange start-up behavior, please help! (video inside)
- Thecus N5810 Pro SMB NAS Review
- ICY DOCK Black Vortex MB174U3S-4SB USB 3.0 Storage Enclosure Review
- MSI releases the ultimate gaming motherboard, X99A GODLIKE GAMING. MYSTIC LIGHT RGB LEDs, Audio Boost 3 PRO and Killer DoubleShot-X3 PRO ensure a gameplay experience out of this world.
- SilverStone Case Storage Series CS01 and CS01-HS
- AMD Updates Second Quarter Outlook
- PNY Announces DUO-Link Flash Drive with iOS Support
- NVIDIA Doubles Performance for Deep Learning Training