Toshiba Corporation today announced that it will launch the world's first SDHC memory card with embedded wireless LAN functionality to meet the SD Memory Card Standard. The new card, "FlashAir", has an 8GB capacity and supports both peer-to-peer transfers and uploads to and downloads from servers. Samples will be available from November 2011 and sales will start in February 2012.
At a time when digital cameras have achieved immense popularity, users want a quick and easy way to share photographs with friends and to transfer them to and from online storage services and social networks. Toshiba provides the solution with FlashAir, the world's first SDHC memory card with embedded wireless LAN functionality that is fully compliant with the SD Memory Card Standard.
FlashAir's embedded wireless communication function allows users to upload and download photographs to and from a server and to exchange photographs and other data with other devices, including digital cameras that are FlashAir compliant and, smartphones and PCs that support wireless LAN. All transfers are done wirelessly, without any need for a cable connection. Key features of the new card include the ability to receive as well as transmit and lower power consumption than other cards with similar functions.
Even in digital cameras not compliant with FlashAir, the new card can share digital images with smart phones and PCs that support wireless LAN.
Toshiba will secure certification of FlashAir for wireless communication in Japan, North America and Europe.
Toshiba will reinforce and extend its leadership of memory business by further enhancing its SD memory card line-up.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk was very close to selling Tesla Motors to Google in 2013
- AMD Radeon R9 390X rumored to be in very short supply at launch
- Report: Better cybersecurity, safety standards needed for patient data
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' Season 2 trailer reveals role for Darth Vader
- Full 'Jurassic World' trailer delivers the dino goods
- Intel Series version in GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 motherboard?
- Etekcity RoverBeats T12 Wireless Bluetooth Mobile Speaker Review
- Installing Windows with a System Image from a different computer...driver issue?
- New CPU Cooler
- New Build with Haswell-E
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X
- ViewSonic Introduces New Line of Ultra HD Monitors
- Rapoo Announces VPRO V800 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces GR6 Gaming Desktop