Sydney, 1 September, 2011 - Sony Computer Entertainment Australia today revealed a PlayStation┬«3 (PS3┬Ö) sales surge of over 400% in the week following implementation of the recent price drop across the 160GB and 320GB models in Australia. This is based on official NPD Group Australia sales data1 from retailers nationally.
"This new price point really represents fantastic value for money as PlayStation 3 delivers full HD games, Blu-ray capability, plus music, movies, catch-up TV and more on demand," said Michael Ephraim, Managing Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Australia.
"Australians love not only games, but also the quality home entertainment PS3 provides. Sales arebooming because PlayStation 3 is the best device to connect to your TV, at incredible value, to provide the ultimate home entertainment experience."
The new recommended retail price of the cutting-edge entertainment device, PlayStation 3, at just RRP $349.95 for 160GB and RRP $449.95 for 320GB model, represents a significantsaving of approximately $150 on the former recommend retail price. It was effective in-stores on 22 August, 2011.
Sales momentum is set to continue in the lead up to Christmas with the release of highly anticipated blockbuster titles such as UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception┬Ö, Resistance┬«3 as well as PlayStation Move enabled titles such as DanceStar┬Ö Party from the creators of the smash hit SingStar.
Latest News Posts
- Report: Better cybersecurity, safety standards needed for patient data
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' Season 2 trailer reveals role for Darth Vader
- Full 'Jurassic World' trailer delivers the dino goods
- Cryptzone: Insider threats still pose biggest threat to companies
- Last Chance To Save 46% On The Camera-Equipped Micro Drone 2.0
- Etekcity RoverBeats T12 Wireless Bluetooth Mobile Speaker Review
- Installing Windows with a System Image from a different computer...driver issue?
- New CPU Cooler
- New Build with Haswell-E
- AM1B-ITX No Power
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X
- ViewSonic Introduces New Line of Ultra HD Monitors
- Rapoo Announces VPRO V800 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces GR6 Gaming Desktop