Sydney, 1 September, 2011 - Sony Computer Entertainment Australia today revealed a PlayStation┬«3 (PS3┬Ö) sales surge of over 400% in the week following implementation of the recent price drop across the 160GB and 320GB models in Australia. This is based on official NPD Group Australia sales data1 from retailers nationally.
"This new price point really represents fantastic value for money as PlayStation 3 delivers full HD games, Blu-ray capability, plus music, movies, catch-up TV and more on demand," said Michael Ephraim, Managing Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Australia.
"Australians love not only games, but also the quality home entertainment PS3 provides. Sales arebooming because PlayStation 3 is the best device to connect to your TV, at incredible value, to provide the ultimate home entertainment experience."
The new recommended retail price of the cutting-edge entertainment device, PlayStation 3, at just RRP $349.95 for 160GB and RRP $449.95 for 320GB model, represents a significantsaving of approximately $150 on the former recommend retail price. It was effective in-stores on 22 August, 2011.
Sales momentum is set to continue in the lead up to Christmas with the release of highly anticipated blockbuster titles such as UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception┬Ö, Resistance┬«3 as well as PlayStation Move enabled titles such as DanceStar┬Ö Party from the creators of the smash hit SingStar.
Latest News Posts
- These Corsair K65 RGB keyboard replacement keycaps are amazing
- North Korean's exposed to the world through smuggled media devices
- Aussie underdog CS:GO team Vox Eminor loses a player
- Jackman to play X-men's Wolverine just once more
- Russia announces plans to create new space station with NASA, others
- Machine won't turn on - Need help Please
- Battlefield Hardline Xbox One Game Review
- asrock z97 professional Front USB
- ASROCK X99 Pro - Device Manager: Base System Device Problem
- ASUS UX303LN battery life decreasing
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi