Sydney, 1 September, 2011 - Sony Computer Entertainment Australia today revealed a PlayStation®3 (PS3) sales surge of over 400% in the week following implementation of the recent price drop across the 160GB and 320GB models in Australia. This is based on official NPD Group Australia sales data1 from retailers nationally.
"This new price point really represents fantastic value for money as PlayStation 3 delivers full HD games, Blu-ray capability, plus music, movies, catch-up TV and more on demand," said Michael Ephraim, Managing Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Australia.
"Australians love not only games, but also the quality home entertainment PS3 provides. Sales arebooming because PlayStation 3 is the best device to connect to your TV, at incredible value, to provide the ultimate home entertainment experience."
The new recommended retail price of the cutting-edge entertainment device, PlayStation 3, at just RRP $349.95 for 160GB and RRP $449.95 for 320GB model, represents a significantsaving of approximately $150 on the former recommend retail price. It was effective in-stores on 22 August, 2011.
Sales momentum is set to continue in the lead up to Christmas with the release of highly anticipated blockbuster titles such as UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception, Resistance®3 as well as PlayStation Move enabled titles such as DanceStar Party from the creators of the smash hit SingStar.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox boss says the PS4 has a 'huge lead' over the Xbox One
- Half-Life 3 teased in a recent update to Dota 2
- Naughty Dog: around 80% of PS4 gamers 'have never played Uncharted'
- Elon Musk refers to Apple as 'Tesla's graveyard'
- Sony started working on PlayStation VR in 2010
- Fatal1ty Gaming K4- can't get BIOS to update
- Z170 gaming K4-DOS Bios file name more than 8 characters
- Slow performance on new RAID array after cloning old array?
- Connection questions Z170 Extreme 6+ motherboard
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points