Sydney, 1 September, 2011 - Sony Computer Entertainment Australia today revealed a PlayStation®3 (PS3) sales surge of over 400% in the week following implementation of the recent price drop across the 160GB and 320GB models in Australia. This is based on official NPD Group Australia sales data1 from retailers nationally.
"This new price point really represents fantastic value for money as PlayStation 3 delivers full HD games, Blu-ray capability, plus music, movies, catch-up TV and more on demand," said Michael Ephraim, Managing Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Australia.
"Australians love not only games, but also the quality home entertainment PS3 provides. Sales arebooming because PlayStation 3 is the best device to connect to your TV, at incredible value, to provide the ultimate home entertainment experience."
The new recommended retail price of the cutting-edge entertainment device, PlayStation 3, at just RRP $349.95 for 160GB and RRP $449.95 for 320GB model, represents a significantsaving of approximately $150 on the former recommend retail price. It was effective in-stores on 22 August, 2011.
Sales momentum is set to continue in the lead up to Christmas with the release of highly anticipated blockbuster titles such as UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception, Resistance®3 as well as PlayStation Move enabled titles such as DanceStar Party from the creators of the smash hit SingStar.
Latest News Posts
- The young Han Solo spin-off is a go, as Lucasfilm find their actor
- AMD's new Zen CPU will arrive in 6 and 8-core versions at launch
- iPhone 7 could have a 3.5mm headphone jack after all
- Doom PC specs released, takes up 50GB on PS4 and Xbox One
- Overwatch beta goes live on all platforms
- Z77Pro4 no support for Haswell or skylake cpus?
- H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7
- Windows 10 install - Raid 0 SSDs
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Slim Drive 2TB USB C Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini