Sydney, 1 September, 2011 - Sony Computer Entertainment Australia today revealed a PlayStation®3 (PS3) sales surge of over 400% in the week following implementation of the recent price drop across the 160GB and 320GB models in Australia. This is based on official NPD Group Australia sales data1 from retailers nationally.
"This new price point really represents fantastic value for money as PlayStation 3 delivers full HD games, Blu-ray capability, plus music, movies, catch-up TV and more on demand," said Michael Ephraim, Managing Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Australia.
"Australians love not only games, but also the quality home entertainment PS3 provides. Sales arebooming because PlayStation 3 is the best device to connect to your TV, at incredible value, to provide the ultimate home entertainment experience."
The new recommended retail price of the cutting-edge entertainment device, PlayStation 3, at just RRP $349.95 for 160GB and RRP $449.95 for 320GB model, represents a significantsaving of approximately $150 on the former recommend retail price. It was effective in-stores on 22 August, 2011.
Sales momentum is set to continue in the lead up to Christmas with the release of highly anticipated blockbuster titles such as UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception, Resistance®3 as well as PlayStation Move enabled titles such as DanceStar Party from the creators of the smash hit SingStar.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen AM4 socket pictured on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Impact
- Tesla inks $9 billion deal to build a new factory in China
- Battlefield 1: experimenting with weapons in closed alpha test
- Blade Runner meets Fallout 4 in this amazing settlement creation
- Resident Evil 7 isn't a reboot, you play a powerless, ordinary person
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- which has appears diagnosing to whom the people additionally energy y
- Owen stayed at true to her bit
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines