TAIPEI, Taiwan, August 26, 2011 - Motherboard giant, ASRock Inc. today announced their Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 motherboard now offers the latest XMP 1.3 support. It enables an easy and robust solution for extreme users to take advantage of the future memory standard. XMP 1.3 memory standard will be announced with the next-gen X79 chipset in the fourth quarter of this year. However, ASRock is the first motherboard maker to apply XMP 1.3 support to the current Z68 motherboard, letting user to be the first to try this new technology!
What is XMP 1.3 ?
Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) is a performance-packed expansion of the standard DDR3 memory spec. XMP is a performance profile setting which let the users to set their speeds without having to enter them all into the BIOS manually. The XMP 1.3 standard offers DRAM timing settings more precisely and is able to explore the maximum speed of DDR3 memory modules. Special highlight is that only XMP 1.3-supported motherboard can fully unleash XMP 1.3 memory power! If users are using XMP 1.2 platform motherboard but paired with XMP 1.3 memory modules, then the PC can be only running with lower speed or even fail to boot.
To access the most optimized memory settings and get timing configure more precisely, all you have to do is to simply select the predefined XMP 1.3 profile in the BIOS.
World's 1st Motherboard Supporting XMP 1.3 : Z68 Extreme7 Gen3
ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 is the world's first motherboard coming with XMP 1.3 support to deliver the extreme memory settings. Plus, there's a couple of extra goodies thrown in this board, such as Nvidia NF200 chip onboard, PCIe 3.0 spec, ASRock signature XFast LAN, XFast Charger, XFast USB.. and so on.
(more info, please visit : http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=Z68%20Extreme7%20Gen3 )
In addition to Z68 Extreme7 Gen3, ASRock will continue to apply XMP 1.3 support in our PCIe Gen3 Motherboards by offering the latest BIOS in the coming future. With ASRock motherboards and certified memory optimizations built into Intel® XMP 1.3, overclocking on ASRock PCs is easy right out of the box.
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards