64GB SaberTooth Z Provides Higher Capacity, Performance in Smaller Form Factor
Fremont, California - August 23, 2011- Active Media Products, a leading manufacturer of SSDs and DOMs, today began shipping a 64GB mini 1.8-inch PATA ZIF SSD that measures only 2.1 x 1.3" (54 x 32 mm) and is ideal for upgrading many popular laptops including the HP Mini 1000. This new SSD delivers transfer speeds up to 80MB/sec, which is substantially faster than most 1.8" PATA hard disk drives (HDDs), yet it is much smaller and lighter than an HDD.
Active Media Products VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson stated, "We're pleased to finally offer the SaberTooth Z in a 64GB capacity. We've had so many requests from our upgrade customers for this product. This advancement demonstrates AMP's continued commitment to developing ever faster, more capacious solid state storage solutions." The SaberTooth Z accommodates a wide range of ZIF cable thicknesses that includes standard Toshiba and Hitachi cables, and it is 100% compatible with 40-pin ZIF HDDs. AMP sells the drive alone, or an upgrade kit that includes a mini screwdriver and a USB-ZIF cloning adapter to facilitate upgrades. The cloning adapter allows users to clone the contents of their existing HDD onto the SaberTooth Z without the need to reinstall all the applications.
Both products are available now on Amazon.com or directly on ActiveMP.com.
About Active Media Products
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to bring new technology to market a step ahead of the competition. AMP is a leader in netbook SSD upgrades and manufactures the Obama and the endangered species line of USB drives.
Latest News Posts
- AMD shares rise 8% riding Ryzen and GPU excitement
- USB 3.2 announced, packs double the bandwidth of USB 3.1
- India bans autonomous cars to protect against job losses
- Colorful iGame GTX 1080 Ti Kudan rocks MASSIVE cooler
- EVGA announces $999 price on GeForce GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology