64GB SaberTooth Z Provides Higher Capacity, Performance in Smaller Form Factor
Fremont, California - August 23, 2011- Active Media Products, a leading manufacturer of SSDs and DOMs, today began shipping a 64GB mini 1.8-inch PATA ZIF SSD that measures only 2.1 x 1.3" (54 x 32 mm) and is ideal for upgrading many popular laptops including the HP Mini 1000. This new SSD delivers transfer speeds up to 80MB/sec, which is substantially faster than most 1.8" PATA hard disk drives (HDDs), yet it is much smaller and lighter than an HDD.
Active Media Products VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson stated, "We're pleased to finally offer the SaberTooth Z in a 64GB capacity. We've had so many requests from our upgrade customers for this product. This advancement demonstrates AMP's continued commitment to developing ever faster, more capacious solid state storage solutions." The SaberTooth Z accommodates a wide range of ZIF cable thicknesses that includes standard Toshiba and Hitachi cables, and it is 100% compatible with 40-pin ZIF HDDs. AMP sells the drive alone, or an upgrade kit that includes a mini screwdriver and a USB-ZIF cloning adapter to facilitate upgrades. The cloning adapter allows users to clone the contents of their existing HDD onto the SaberTooth Z without the need to reinstall all the applications.
Both products are available now on Amazon.com or directly on ActiveMP.com.
About Active Media Products
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to bring new technology to market a step ahead of the competition. AMP is a leader in netbook SSD upgrades and manufactures the Obama and the endangered species line of USB drives.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup