Winners on Their Way to MSI MOA Grand Final in Taipei
HELSINKI, FINLAND - AUGUST 16, 2011 - Futuremark® today announced the winners of its annual Lords of Overclocking competition. The MSI sponsored event, which is Futuremark's premier OC contest each year, saw over 10,000 entries from more than 80 countries across the globe. With such worldwide interest, competition was fierce for the top prize: flights, accommodation and qualification to the MSI Master Overclocking Arena (MOA) 2011 grand final in Taipei.
- Incredibly, 39 scores submitted during the four week competition were higher than the previous world record for a single GPU.
- MSI graphics cards now hold 44 out of top 50 single-GPU scores in Futuremark's online results database.
- In a nail-biting finish, the winning score of P12499 from overclocker "SuicidePhoenix" came on the very last day of the competition.
Proving his mastery of extreme overclocking, overall winner SuicidePhoenix pushed his Intel Core i7-2600K and MSI N580GTX Lightning far beyond their factory settings as his scores demonstrate.
- 3DMark Score: P12499 (Stock setting:P6600)
- Graphics Score: 12349 (Stock setting:6400)
- Physics Score: 13689 (Stock setting:8200)
"This year's Lords of Overclocking event brought together the world's top competitive overclockers in thrilling competition," said Jukka Mäkinen, Futuremark CEO. "We congratulate the winners and thank all participants for making the contest a huge success."
"We appreciate all the efforts and amazing achievements made by worldwide participants." said Zona Lin, Marketing Manager at MSI. "We congratulate the winners and expect another success in the coming MSI MOA 2011 grand final competition!"
Lords of Overclocking was a worldwide online qualifying event for the prestigious MSI MOA 2011 competition in Taipei which will see the world's top overclockers go head to head in a fiercely fought battle of extreme overclocking.
Futuremark holds a number of overclocking competitions each year. For details of upcoming contests, please visit http://www.3dmark.com/competitions/ or follow Futuremark on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Futuremark
Latest News Posts
- SSDs aren't used for storage according to the CEO of Seagate
- EVGA teases its new X99 Micro2 mATX motherboard with USB 3.1 Type-C
- Over 14 million people installed Windows 10 in the first 24 hours
- Cardiac microchip able to offer patients warning to heart problems
- Chinese launching chaotic number of attacks against US infrastructure
- B85-DGS Bios update
- Ant-Man (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- Asrock Z77 Extreme4 second pci-express problem
- Z77 motherboards missing Windows 10 drivers?
- GA-Z77X-UD4H F3a Modified BIOS Possible Issue
- Corsair Memory, PSUs, and CPU Coolers Pave the Way for Next Gen PC Processors
- Windows 10 Free Upgrade on GIGABYTE Laptops!
- Gamescom 2015 - Vertagear Racing Series at Caseking's Booth
- NVIDIA Recalls Select Shield Tablets over Fire Hazard
- Thermaltake Unveils the Core V51 Riing Edition Window Green PC Chassis