World's Largest Android Smartphone Maker Ships First Tegra-Powered Super Phone
SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 08/10/2011 -- NVIDIA and Samsung Electronics announced the latest GALAXY smartphone, the GALAXY R, which sports a 4.19-inch screen, features the NVIDIA® Tegra 2 mobile super chip and the Android 2.3 (also known as Gingerbread) operating system.
Samsung's GALAXY smartphones are among the world's most popular handheld devices.
The GALAXY R gives more consumers the opportunity to enjoy the never-before-seen experiences enabled by Tegra, the world's first mobile processor with a dual-core CPU. The GALAXY R also features a GeForce GPU for fast Web browsing with hardware-accelerated Adobe Flash Player support, full HD video and console-quality gaming.
Using the GALAXY R, consumers can multitask efficiently, surf the Web quickly with fast-loading pages and Flash-based content and enjoy HD movies. They can also access Tegra-optimized games through the Tegra Zone app on Android Market.
"Samsung's newest super phone shows off Tegra's multimedia power, and is a great example of what consumers expect from one of the world's top phone makers," said Michael Rayfield, general manager of NVIDIA's mobile business.
The GALAXY R features:
Tegra 2 super chip
4.19" WVGA Super Clear LCD touchscreen
Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) operating system
720p HD video capture and 1080p Full HD playback (DivX, WMV, MP4, H.264 B/P only)
Built-in memory of 8GB and support for 32GB Micro SD
Size: 125.7 x 66.7 x 9.55 mm
Weight: 131 grams
The GALAXY R is available in Sweden, and is coming to other regions soon, including North & Eastern Europe, South East & West Asia, Middle East Asia, and China.
NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) awakened the world to the power of computer graphics when it invented the GPU in 1999. Since then, it has consistently set new standards in visual computing with breathtaking, interactive graphics available on devices ranging from tablets and mobile phones to notebooks and workstations. NVIDIA's expertise in programmable GPUs has led to breakthroughs in parallel processing which make supercomputing inexpensive and widely accessible. The Company holds more than 1,900 issued patents worldwide, including ones covering designs and insights that are essential to modern computing. For more information, see http://www.nvidia.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2010 consolidated sales of US$135.8 billion. Employing approximately 190,500 people in 206 offices across 68 countries, the company consists of nine independently operated business units: Visual Display, Mobile Communications, Telecommunication Systems, Digital Appliances, IT Solutions, Digital Imaging, Memory, System LSI and LCD. Recognized as one of the fastest growing global brands, Samsung Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, semiconductor chips, mobile phones and TFT-LCDs. For more information, please visit http://www.samsung.com.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis