Newest BitFenix enclosure brings unprecedented value to gamers worldwide
(BitFenix Design Lab, August 10, 2011) - Today, premier gaming hardware designer BitFenix is proud to introduce the latest entry in their critically-acclaimed lineup of gaming enclosures. Dubbed Merc, this mid-tower ATX design offers killer features and styling at an unbelievable price point, making it the ideal case for gamers on a budget.
"Packed with premium features and BitFenix design DNA, users will see that we didn't cut any corners with Merc," says BitFenix Product Manager David Jarlestedt. "From the clean yet bold design, to the black interior coating, quality black cabling, and robust connectivity, cooling and cable management features, gamers will be hard-pressed to find a better value enclosure in this segment."
Beyond the expertly crafted exterior, Merc comes equipped with the tools to get the job done. This feature-packed enclosure comes in two different versions. With its two extra 120mm fan locations up top, Merc Alpha is great for users looking for maximum cooling potential, and for those who require a more streamlined look, there's Merc Beta. Whichever you choose, Merc is ready for battle.
Small but rugged, Merc provides ample expansion possibilities, including three 5.25", seven 3.5", and one 2.5" drive bay. Seven PCI slots accommodate a wealth of expansion cards, and best of all, Merc even handles SSD drives and the longest graphics cards, enabling you to equip the latest firepower to bring the fight to your adversaries.
To keep things running frosty in the heat of battle, Merc provides a wealth of cooling options. Aside from the included 120mm fan, Merc Alpha can be fully loaded with an additional seven 120mm fans, while Merc Beta can accommodate five extra 120mm fans. Up top are four high-speed USB 2.0 ports - plenty for connecting all of your gaming gear.
And when the time comes to install your system, you'll appreciate Merc's DIY-friendly features such as a large CPU cooler cutout for easy CPU cooler removal, internal cable management for routing cables for maximum airflow, and a full complement of easy-to-use thumbscrews to secure both optical and hard disk drives. Spend less time fussing with your system and more time getting your game on with Merc.
As part of the BitFenix gaming chassis lineup, Merc is built with the same exacting standards users have come to expect from BitFenix products. From the black coated interior to the quality black cabling, users will be surprised just how little it costs to bring Merc into their camp, making it an unbeatable value.
BitFenix Merc Alpha and Merc Beta will be available on store shelves beginning August 2011 with an estimated MSRP of 32.90 (incl. 19% VAT) and $39.
For more information on Merc, please visit http://www.bitfenix.com.
BitFenix is the result of the collaboration of several veterans in both the technology and gaming industries. From the same minds behind some of technology's most venerable products, BitFenix creates hardware and peripherals that grant the user the utmost control, strength, and performance to complete their computing tasks. Combining a deep understanding of gaming and other high-demand computing applications with superior engineering and design know-how, the BitFenix Team is dedicated to creating the go-to computing products and peripherals for those who refuse to quit. For more information, check out http://www.bitfenix.com.
Latest News Posts
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z in detail
- Intel preparing AIO liquid cooler for enthusisats
- Intel Core i9-7980XE: 18C/36T chip costs $2000
- Scale 'The Great Wall' to take home a Blu-ray on us!
- Western Digital reveals two 64-layer 3D NAND SSDs
- Intel Introduces X299, Kabylake-X, and Skylake-X
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card