Newest BitFenix enclosure brings unprecedented value to gamers worldwide
(BitFenix Design Lab, August 10, 2011) - Today, premier gaming hardware designer BitFenix is proud to introduce the latest entry in their critically-acclaimed lineup of gaming enclosures. Dubbed Merc, this mid-tower ATX design offers killer features and styling at an unbelievable price point, making it the ideal case for gamers on a budget.
"Packed with premium features and BitFenix design DNA, users will see that we didn't cut any corners with Merc," says BitFenix Product Manager David Jarlestedt. "From the clean yet bold design, to the black interior coating, quality black cabling, and robust connectivity, cooling and cable management features, gamers will be hard-pressed to find a better value enclosure in this segment."
Beyond the expertly crafted exterior, Merc comes equipped with the tools to get the job done. This feature-packed enclosure comes in two different versions. With its two extra 120mm fan locations up top, Merc Alpha is great for users looking for maximum cooling potential, and for those who require a more streamlined look, there's Merc Beta. Whichever you choose, Merc is ready for battle.
Small but rugged, Merc provides ample expansion possibilities, including three 5.25", seven 3.5", and one 2.5" drive bay. Seven PCI slots accommodate a wealth of expansion cards, and best of all, Merc even handles SSD drives and the longest graphics cards, enabling you to equip the latest firepower to bring the fight to your adversaries.
To keep things running frosty in the heat of battle, Merc provides a wealth of cooling options. Aside from the included 120mm fan, Merc Alpha can be fully loaded with an additional seven 120mm fans, while Merc Beta can accommodate five extra 120mm fans. Up top are four high-speed USB 2.0 ports - plenty for connecting all of your gaming gear.
And when the time comes to install your system, you'll appreciate Merc's DIY-friendly features such as a large CPU cooler cutout for easy CPU cooler removal, internal cable management for routing cables for maximum airflow, and a full complement of easy-to-use thumbscrews to secure both optical and hard disk drives. Spend less time fussing with your system and more time getting your game on with Merc.
As part of the BitFenix gaming chassis lineup, Merc is built with the same exacting standards users have come to expect from BitFenix products. From the black coated interior to the quality black cabling, users will be surprised just how little it costs to bring Merc into their camp, making it an unbeatable value.
BitFenix Merc Alpha and Merc Beta will be available on store shelves beginning August 2011 with an estimated MSRP of 32.90 (incl. 19% VAT) and $39.
For more information on Merc, please visit http://www.bitfenix.com.
BitFenix is the result of the collaboration of several veterans in both the technology and gaming industries. From the same minds behind some of technology's most venerable products, BitFenix creates hardware and peripherals that grant the user the utmost control, strength, and performance to complete their computing tasks. Combining a deep understanding of gaming and other high-demand computing applications with superior engineering and design know-how, the BitFenix Team is dedicated to creating the go-to computing products and peripherals for those who refuse to quit. For more information, check out http://www.bitfenix.com.
Latest News Posts
- Volkswagen fraud settlement biggest in US history, hits $15 billion
- Dell's new 70-inch touchscreen for schools unveiled, costs $5000
- Battlefield 1 will have DX12 support, current alpha runs very smooth
- How the PS4 Neo and Xbox Scorpio are frustrating and confusing gamers
- Nintendo explains why its so secretive about the NX console
- Deleted driver software
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines