Newest BitFenix enclosure brings unprecedented value to gamers worldwide
(BitFenix Design Lab, August 10, 2011) - Today, premier gaming hardware designer BitFenix is proud to introduce the latest entry in their critically-acclaimed lineup of gaming enclosures. Dubbed Merc, this mid-tower ATX design offers killer features and styling at an unbelievable price point, making it the ideal case for gamers on a budget.
"Packed with premium features and BitFenix design DNA, users will see that we didn't cut any corners with Merc," says BitFenix Product Manager David Jarlestedt. "From the clean yet bold design, to the black interior coating, quality black cabling, and robust connectivity, cooling and cable management features, gamers will be hard-pressed to find a better value enclosure in this segment."
Beyond the expertly crafted exterior, Merc comes equipped with the tools to get the job done. This feature-packed enclosure comes in two different versions. With its two extra 120mm fan locations up top, Merc Alpha is great for users looking for maximum cooling potential, and for those who require a more streamlined look, there's Merc Beta. Whichever you choose, Merc is ready for battle.
Small but rugged, Merc provides ample expansion possibilities, including three 5.25", seven 3.5", and one 2.5" drive bay. Seven PCI slots accommodate a wealth of expansion cards, and best of all, Merc even handles SSD drives and the longest graphics cards, enabling you to equip the latest firepower to bring the fight to your adversaries.
To keep things running frosty in the heat of battle, Merc provides a wealth of cooling options. Aside from the included 120mm fan, Merc Alpha can be fully loaded with an additional seven 120mm fans, while Merc Beta can accommodate five extra 120mm fans. Up top are four high-speed USB 2.0 ports - plenty for connecting all of your gaming gear.
And when the time comes to install your system, you'll appreciate Merc's DIY-friendly features such as a large CPU cooler cutout for easy CPU cooler removal, internal cable management for routing cables for maximum airflow, and a full complement of easy-to-use thumbscrews to secure both optical and hard disk drives. Spend less time fussing with your system and more time getting your game on with Merc.
As part of the BitFenix gaming chassis lineup, Merc is built with the same exacting standards users have come to expect from BitFenix products. From the black coated interior to the quality black cabling, users will be surprised just how little it costs to bring Merc into their camp, making it an unbeatable value.
BitFenix Merc Alpha and Merc Beta will be available on store shelves beginning August 2011 with an estimated MSRP of 32.90 (incl. 19% VAT) and $39.
For more information on Merc, please visit http://www.bitfenix.com.
BitFenix is the result of the collaboration of several veterans in both the technology and gaming industries. From the same minds behind some of technology's most venerable products, BitFenix creates hardware and peripherals that grant the user the utmost control, strength, and performance to complete their computing tasks. Combining a deep understanding of gaming and other high-demand computing applications with superior engineering and design know-how, the BitFenix Team is dedicated to creating the go-to computing products and peripherals for those who refuse to quit. For more information, check out http://www.bitfenix.com.
Latest News Posts
- A view from space: How Tesla Gigafactory grew in a year
- 2K Games lays out five-year plan, wants one AAA a year
- ASUS hints dual camera in 1st official ZenFone 4 teaser
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4