Spansion Inc., today announced the industry's first single-die 4Gb (gigabit) NOR Flash memory product at 65nm. The 4Gb Spansion GL-S delivers high-quality and fast read performance to enable a better user experience with interactive graphics, animation and video in games and automotive applications.
The newest addition to the flagship Spansion GL-S product line is sampling this month. Based on Spansion's proprietary, highly reliable MirrorBit charge-trapping technology, the Spansion GL-S delivers the fastest read performance in the industry, up to 45 % faster read than competing NOR Flash products. The Spansion GL-S family is currently offered at 128Mb through 2Gb densities and the company is gaining design win momentum for the product family with consumer, automotive, gaming, telecom and industrial applications.
High-speed, random read performance is critical for applications such as gaming and automotive infotainment applications that require rich multi-dimensional graphics, fast movement and interactivity. Next generation games are bringing the multi-touch experience from smart phones to game interfaces, increasing the need for more software and processing power, which require fast read from Flash memory. In addition, the move to high resolution displays requires higher quality graphics and high density Flash memory.
The Spansion GL-S and its high performance is ideally suited for handheld consumer games, game cartridges, handheld learning devices, automotive infotainment, industrial entertainment machines such as arcade games, information kiosks.
The 4Gb will sample in August with production in the fourth quarter of 2011.
The Spansion GL-S is available at densities from 128Mb to 2Gb.
45% faster page-mode read performance than competing NOR products at 98.5 MB/s vs. 67.4 MB/s
The programming speed of the GL-S is 30% faster over the competition based on third party benchmarks.
65nm MirrorBit charge trapping process technology is the foundation for Spansion's leading position in NOR Flash memory.
0C to +85C temperature range
Complementary customized software drivers and Flash file system software
For more information, refer to the datasheet.
Latest News Posts
- These Corsair K65 RGB keyboard replacement keycaps are amazing
- North Korean's exposed to the world through smuggled media devices
- Aussie underdog CS:GO team Vox Eminor loses a player
- Jackman to play X-men's Wolverine just once more
- Russia announces plans to create new space station with NASA, others
- Chappie (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- Z87M-D3H BIOS-mod to run all cores at 3.9ghz for i7-4770(non-k)
- Machine won't turn on - Need help Please
- Battlefield Hardline Xbox One Game Review
- asrock z97 professional Front USB
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi