Spansion Inc., today announced the industry's first single-die 4Gb (gigabit) NOR Flash memory product at 65nm. The 4Gb Spansion GL-S delivers high-quality and fast read performance to enable a better user experience with interactive graphics, animation and video in games and automotive applications.
The newest addition to the flagship Spansion GL-S product line is sampling this month. Based on Spansion's proprietary, highly reliable MirrorBit charge-trapping technology, the Spansion GL-S delivers the fastest read performance in the industry, up to 45 % faster read than competing NOR Flash products. The Spansion GL-S family is currently offered at 128Mb through 2Gb densities and the company is gaining design win momentum for the product family with consumer, automotive, gaming, telecom and industrial applications.
High-speed, random read performance is critical for applications such as gaming and automotive infotainment applications that require rich multi-dimensional graphics, fast movement and interactivity. Next generation games are bringing the multi-touch experience from smart phones to game interfaces, increasing the need for more software and processing power, which require fast read from Flash memory. In addition, the move to high resolution displays requires higher quality graphics and high density Flash memory.
The Spansion GL-S and its high performance is ideally suited for handheld consumer games, game cartridges, handheld learning devices, automotive infotainment, industrial entertainment machines such as arcade games, information kiosks.
The 4Gb will sample in August with production in the fourth quarter of 2011.
The Spansion GL-S is available at densities from 128Mb to 2Gb.
45% faster page-mode read performance than competing NOR products at 98.5 MB/s vs. 67.4 MB/s
The programming speed of the GL-S is 30% faster over the competition based on third party benchmarks.
65nm MirrorBit charge trapping process technology is the foundation for Spansion's leading position in NOR Flash memory.
0C to +85C temperature range
Complementary customized software drivers and Flash file system software
For more information, refer to the datasheet.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV: How to master attacks and combos
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD