Overclockers Push Sandy Bridge to New Levels of Performance
HELSINKI, FINLAND - AUGUST 8, 2011 - In June Futuremark┬« ran a worldwide overclocking competition to push the limits of performance for PCs using Sandy Bridge chipsets. Today, Futuremark congratulates the winners of the contest that saw thousands of entries from more than 60 countries.
SANDY BRIDGE Z68 INTEGRATED GRAPHICS OC CONTEST
This contest segment was restricted to PCs with Intel's new Sandy Bridge Z68 chipset with integrated Intel HD Graphics.
Alva "Lucky_n00b" Jonathan smashed through the P4000 limit to set a new world record of P4419 using 3DMark Vantage's performance preset. His set-up consisted of an Intel Core i7-2600K with MSI Z68A-GD80 motherboard. To better appreciate Alva's skills, with factory settings his set up would score around P2200.
SANDY BRIDGE PLUS PALIT DISCRETE GRAPHICS OC CONTEST
The second contest segment was open to any PC using a Sandy Bridge-based CPU together with a single card, single GPU Palit brand discrete graphics card.
Giorgioprimo took the honors, and collected the $1000 cash top prize, with a score of P10734 using 3DMark 11 performance preset. His set up included an Intel Core i7-2600K processor paired with a Palit GeForce GTX 580 graphics card. At factory settings, this set up would score P6600.
TOP SCORES, TOP PRIZES
Palit Overclocking with Sandy Bridge is one of a number of overclocking competitions Futuremark holds each year. For details of upcoming contests please visit http://www.3dmark.com/competitions/ or follow Futuremark on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Futuremark
About Futuremark┬« Corporation
Futuremark┬« Corporation creates the world's most popular benchmarks and PC performance tests. Futuremark's free 3DMark┬«, PCMark┬« and Peacekeeper┬Ö tests have helped millions of people measure and improve their PCs' performance for games, media, applications and web. Futuremark Games Studio creates original games with new and entertaining gameplay such as Hungribles┬Ö, a skill shot puzzle game for iPhone┬« and iPad┬« and Shattered Horizon, a zero gravity FPS for PC. The studio is currently developing Unstoppable Gorg for PC, Xbox LIVE┬« Arcade and iPad┬« and has one further unannounced title in development. Futuremark has offices in Saratoga, California and Helsinki, Finland. http://www.futuremark.com/
Latest News Posts
- 7nm CPU from AMD in 2019 with 8 threads, just 10W power
- Google tease 'Andromeda' as a merge of Android/Chrome OS
- NVIDIA preparing for GeForce GTX 1050 launch next month
- Analogix acquired by Chinese consortium for $500 million
- Clinton's deleted emails won't go public before election
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now