ThinkCentre M71z Packaged with Latest Processing, Touchscreen and Video Calling Features
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC - August 9, 2011: Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) today announced the ThinkCentre M71 all-in-one (AIO) desktop designed for large businesses, schools and governments. The new AIO boasts a variety of performance features, from fast boot up to the latest second generation Intel® Core processor family, interactive touchscreen options and advanced video conferencing features.
"We're seeing more and more business customers embrace all-in-one desktops for their space savings, portability and style benefits," said Tom Shell, general manager and vice president, Worldwide ThinkCentre Business Unit, Lenovo. "We've built the ThinkCentre M71z to go beyond these advantages and give any business that needs it the highest levels of desktop performance."
Unlimited Performance All in One
As part of Lenovo's Enhanced Experience 2.0 program1, the fast-booting ThinkCentre M71z starts up in as little as 15 seconds on select models with an optional solid state drive (SSD). The M71z includes choices of powerful second generation Intel® Core processors, rapid DDR3 memory, up to 1 TB hard drive storage or a ultrafast 160 GB SSD.
The ThinkCentre M71z's 20-inch display is an ideal screen size for doing work with the added convenience and cost savings of a two-in-one device compared with desktops and monitor solutions sold separately. Additionally, the desktop's optional touchscreen makes collaboration with colleagues or clients more natural. The AIO includes a number of extra productivity and security features, such as a DVD burner, optional WiFi, six USB ports, chassis intrusion switch and DisplayPort for viewing digital video on a second monitor.
Since more voice and video calls have moved online, the ThinkCentre M71z offers an optional 2.0 megapixel camera for clear visuals and a digital array microphone for crisp voice clarity. Users can quickly change camera and microphone settings on the fly during a call in the ThinkVantage Communications Utility. Finally, the ThinkCentre M71z AIO gives users flexibility in how they like to work with their PC by allowing universal Vesa wall or desk arm mounting or an optional height adjustable stand.
Gold Standard for Green
ThinkCentre desktops incorporate several significant environmental attributes: They use a significant amount of recycled content in chassis materials. They include power supply units that surpass Energy Star 5.2 efficiency requirements, and they are EPEAT Gold rated and TCO Certified Edge for their strong environmental and usability features.
Pricing and Availability
The ThinkCentre M71z all-in-one desktop will be available starting in October with models starting at approximately $599. The desktop will be sold through http://www.lenovo.com and business partners.
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a $US21 billion personal technology company serving customers in more than 160 countries, and the world's fourth-largest PC vendor. Dedicated to building exceptionally engineered PCs and mobile internet devices, Lenovo's business is built on product innovation, a highly-efficient global supply chain and strong strategic execution. Formed by Lenovo Group's acquisition of the former IBM Personal Computing Division, the company develops, manufactures and markets reliable, high-quality, secure and easy-to-use technology products and services. Its product lines include legendary Think-branded commercial PCs and Idea-branded consumer PCs, as well as servers, workstations, and a family of mobile internet devices, including tablets and smart phones. Lenovo has major research centers in Yamato, Japan; Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen, China; and Raleigh, North Carolina. For more information see http://www.lenovo.com.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung begins shipping its Dolby Atmos soundbars
- PCIe 4.0 won't deliver 300W over the PCIe slot after all
- Ubisoft focuses on fixing The Division, delays DLC
- Gearbox working on a remastered version of Duke Nukem 3D
- Huawei unveils its new high-end Honor 8 smartphone
- Bootable RAID 0 via dual u.2 ports on x99 Designare EX
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- GA-x99 Gaming 5 , Recon3Di audio problem ,windows 8.1 robot sound
- Could be used the both Intel graphics card and Nvidia graphics card at same time on Asus K555LB laptop?
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller