ThinkCentre M71z Packaged with Latest Processing, Touchscreen and Video Calling Features
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC - August 9, 2011: Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) today announced the ThinkCentre M71 all-in-one (AIO) desktop designed for large businesses, schools and governments. The new AIO boasts a variety of performance features, from fast boot up to the latest second generation Intel® Core processor family, interactive touchscreen options and advanced video conferencing features.
"We're seeing more and more business customers embrace all-in-one desktops for their space savings, portability and style benefits," said Tom Shell, general manager and vice president, Worldwide ThinkCentre Business Unit, Lenovo. "We've built the ThinkCentre M71z to go beyond these advantages and give any business that needs it the highest levels of desktop performance."
Unlimited Performance All in One
As part of Lenovo's Enhanced Experience 2.0 program1, the fast-booting ThinkCentre M71z starts up in as little as 15 seconds on select models with an optional solid state drive (SSD). The M71z includes choices of powerful second generation Intel® Core processors, rapid DDR3 memory, up to 1 TB hard drive storage or a ultrafast 160 GB SSD.
The ThinkCentre M71z's 20-inch display is an ideal screen size for doing work with the added convenience and cost savings of a two-in-one device compared with desktops and monitor solutions sold separately. Additionally, the desktop's optional touchscreen makes collaboration with colleagues or clients more natural. The AIO includes a number of extra productivity and security features, such as a DVD burner, optional WiFi, six USB ports, chassis intrusion switch and DisplayPort for viewing digital video on a second monitor.
Since more voice and video calls have moved online, the ThinkCentre M71z offers an optional 2.0 megapixel camera for clear visuals and a digital array microphone for crisp voice clarity. Users can quickly change camera and microphone settings on the fly during a call in the ThinkVantage Communications Utility. Finally, the ThinkCentre M71z AIO gives users flexibility in how they like to work with their PC by allowing universal Vesa wall or desk arm mounting or an optional height adjustable stand.
Gold Standard for Green
ThinkCentre desktops incorporate several significant environmental attributes: They use a significant amount of recycled content in chassis materials. They include power supply units that surpass Energy Star 5.2 efficiency requirements, and they are EPEAT Gold rated and TCO Certified Edge for their strong environmental and usability features.
Pricing and Availability
The ThinkCentre M71z all-in-one desktop will be available starting in October with models starting at approximately $599. The desktop will be sold through http://www.lenovo.com and business partners.
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a $US21 billion personal technology company serving customers in more than 160 countries, and the world's fourth-largest PC vendor. Dedicated to building exceptionally engineered PCs and mobile internet devices, Lenovo's business is built on product innovation, a highly-efficient global supply chain and strong strategic execution. Formed by Lenovo Group's acquisition of the former IBM Personal Computing Division, the company develops, manufactures and markets reliable, high-quality, secure and easy-to-use technology products and services. Its product lines include legendary Think-branded commercial PCs and Idea-branded consumer PCs, as well as servers, workstations, and a family of mobile internet devices, including tablets and smart phones. Lenovo has major research centers in Yamato, Japan; Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen, China; and Raleigh, North Carolina. For more information see http://www.lenovo.com.
Latest News Posts
- Unlock Android N's full potential with this top course
- Xiaomi's VR headset looks good and costs only $29
- Xiaomi Mi MIX rocks its edge-to-edge display
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is basically a Note7 but cheaper
- Nintendo Switch gameplay graphics are subject to change
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage