CHICAGO - Aug. 4, 2011 - Today SteelSeries, the leading manufacturer of gaming and entertainment peripherals, announced that the new Spectrum 7xb headset is available now online and in select retail locations around the globe. With an MSRP of $179.99/179.99, the 7xb combines exceptional sounds with advanced wireless technology, innovative audio options, leather earcups for passive noise reduction, along with SteelSeries' signature features like the retractable microphone system, four-piece breakdown and 50mm driver units.
The headset will operate up to 32 feet away from its transmitter and features a smart LED to notify its user when the headset is connected.
Designed for low power consumption, the headset includes an automatic shut down feature after the transmitter is shut off or prolonged inactivity. The 20+ hours of non-stop gaming is powered by two, included AAA batteries; the option to use rechargeable batteries is left up to the user.
The SteelSeries Spectrum 7xb's wireless transmitter connects directly into the Xbox 360 console and is equipped with USB (for power), 3.5mm and RCA connections. Hook up the 7xb to your Xbox 360 for full headset functionality (audio and voice) or to any device with a USB, 3.5mm and/or RCA jack to use as a wireless headphone (audio only) to simply listen to your choice of entertainment.
Exclusive Sound Options
Regardless of the environment, SteelSeries designed the Spectrum 7xb so that the user would be in complete control of how the headset feels, delivers and reproduces their audio and voice communication. Users can choose:
LiveMix: Found on the left earcup, the quick-button option improves the balance and mixing of Xbox LIVE chat with in-game audio so that voice communication will be mixed perfectly over the sounds of gunfire and explosions, without having to increase the volume of the headset and risk hearing damage.
ExactSND: Pre-set sound settings activated by a button on the left earcup, allowing the user to quickly switch between .EQ settings. The options of ExactSND includes performance for directional sounds like footsteps and gunfire, immersion for optimized environmental sound and game music, and entertainment for increased bass levels and sound when watching TV/movies.
SteelSeries is a leading manufacturer of gaming peripherals and accessories, including headsets, keyboards, mice, software and gaming surfaces. SteelSeries has been on the forefront of professional gaming gear since its inception in 2001, thanks to continued innovation and product development in cooperation with leading professional gamers. All SteelSeries products are developed in cooperation with professional gamers to ensure optimum performance and durability. SteelSeries supports the growth of competitive gaming and electronic sports through professional team sponsorships and community support all over the world. For more information, please visit http://www.SteelSeries.com.
Latest News Posts
- Windows Defender works against Dell adware certificate
- Garmin releases radar to assist cyclists with safety concerns
- Security experts say Australia is a very easy hacker target
- Microsoft looks to clear its Surface, offers $500AU off for Aussies
- Microsoft's Nokia 230 is here and it's $55
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader