FREMONT, CALIF., USA - August 3rd, 2011 - Patriot Memory, a global pioneer in high-performance memory, NAND flash, storage, and enthusiast computer products, today expanded their new line up of SATA III solid-state drives with the launch of its new Pyro line powered by SandForce's® new SF-2281 SSD processor. The Patriot Memory Pyro series raises the bar on what's expected from performance class SSD drives delivering enterprise-like performance to consumer desktops and notebooks.
The Pyro series utilizes the new SandForce® SF-2281 processor enabling it to eclipse previous mid-tier SSD performance scores with up to a blazingly-fast 550MB/s sequential read and up to 515MB/s sequential write speeds provided through a SATA 6.0 Gb/s interface. The Pyro series will feature a standard 2.5-inch form factor for compatibility with notebooks and select desktops and will ship with the latest 3.1.9 firmware.
The Patriot Memory Pyro will continue to aggressively expand on what consumers can expect out of performance class solid state drives." Says William Lai, Patriot Memory's Product Manager. "With near enterprise level performance by utilizing the new SandForce® SF-2281, coupled with Patriot Memory's reputation; Pyro will deliver unmatched price per performance."
New Patriot Pyro series SSDs
60GB, 120GB, & 240GB capacities
SandForce® SF-2281 SSD processor
SATA 6.0 Gbps interface
Up to 550MB/s sequential read speeds
Up to 515MB/s sequential write speeds
Up to 85K 4K random write IOPS
About Patriot Memory
Patriot Memory designs, manufactures and markets high performance, enthusiast memory modules, flash products, and computing technologies. Patriot products have become world renown for their extreme performance, reliability and innovation. Patriot Memory sells its products through original equipment manufacturers, retailers, e-tailers and distributors throughout the world with operations in North America, Asia and Europe. Patriot Memory LLC was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Fremont, California, USA.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives