WD Also Adds SHOUTcast┬« to its WD TV Live Hub as Part of its Expanded Entertainment Offerings
IRVINE, Calif., Aug. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --
Western Digital┬« (NYSE: WDC), the world's leader in external storage solutions and maker of the popular WD TV┬« media player family, today announced that it is making the Hulu Plus(TM) subscription service available to its WD TV Live Plus(TM) and WD TV Live Hub┬« family of media players. WD TV customers can now watch hit TV shows, movies and catch up on previous seasons of their favorite shows. The addition of Hulu Plus rounds out the media players' best-in-class content offerings which already include Netflix┬«, Blockbuster┬«, Cinema Now┬«, Pandora┬«, YouTube┬«, Facebook┬« and many others. WD TV Live Hub users will now also be able to listen to thousands of radio stations via SHOUTcast┬«.
The Hulu Plus subscription service will let WD TV customers in the U.S. watch nearly every episode from dozens of current hit programs all season long from top networks like ABC, Comedy Central, FOX, MTV, NBC, and VH-1. It offers users a wide variety of series from The Daily Show with Jon Stewart,South Park, Modern Family and Grey's Anatomy, to Glee and Family Guy, to The Office and 30 Rock, dozens of classic shows like Battlestar Galactica, The X-Files, Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, Arrested Development, Saturday Night Live, Miami Vice, Ugly Betty, Quantum Leap, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Roswell andAlly McBeal, and hundreds of movies from Miramax and the Criterion Collection.
"WD TV is known for its ability to play almost any digital file as well as deliver hit movies, personalized music and user generated videos to the biggest screen in the house. With the addition of Hulu Plus, we add even more premier content services for our user community," said Brian Miller, director of business development for WD. "We know our users will enjoy the ability to watch hit shows when they want."
Features on WD TV Live Plus and WD TV Live Hub media players include Hulu Plus and SHOUTcast (WD TV Live Hub only):
Hulu Plus - Hulu Plus lets you watch current hit TV shows, classic series, and acclaimed movies anytime in HD for 7.99 per month with limited advertising.
SHOUTcast - SHOUTcast Radio is the ultimate directory of online radio stations featuring over 45,000 music, talk, sports and community radio stations from around the world.
Price and Availability
The WD TV Live Hub media center and the WD TV Live Plus media player can be purchased at select U.S. retailers and online at wdstore.com. MSRP for the WD TV Live Hub media center is $199.99 USD. MSRP for the WD TV Live Plus media players is $129.99 USD.
WD, one of the storage industry's pioneers and long-time leaders, provides products and services for people and organizations that collect, manage and use digital information. The company designs and produces reliable, high-performance hard drives and solid state drives that keep users' data accessible and secure from loss. Its advanced technologies are configured into applications for client and enterprise computing, embedded systems and consumer electronics, as well as its own consumer storage and home entertainment products.
Latest News Posts
- First footage of Nintendo Switch's touchscreen in action
- Faraday Future receives only 60 deposits for the FF 91
- Huawei P10 to have the highest pricing in the series
- Honor 8 successor comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB ROM
- Nokia hints at Snapdragon 835 powered smartphone
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017