ASUS today launched the ASUS Eee Pad Slider, a tablet that builds on the great success of the Eee Pad Transformer. Prior to its launch, the Eee Pad Slider has already made its mark with its winning design at the International Design Excellence Awards 2011. The Eee Pad Slider, which comes in either pearl white or metallic brown, features a slide-out keyboard, the new Google Android 3.1 operating system (Android 3.2 upgradable), as well as a plethora of powerful multimedia features. In pad mode, users can experience rich visuals on the 178° wide viewing angle IPS display. Connectivity is a breeze too, with the built-in USB port, Micro SD card reader, and mini-HDMI port. In slide-out mode, users can take advantage of the keyboard to compose emails and blog posts faster than ever.
Superior multimedia experience
Powered by the NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual core processor, the ASUS Eee Pad Slider is blazing fast whether browsing the web, watching HD movies, listening to music, or doing all of the above at once. HD video playback and surround sound system are supported, so users can easily view media from their Eee Pad Slider on their home entertainment system.
The brilliant IPS display panel, with an ultra-wide 178° viewing angle and 16:10 golden ratio, not only provides an unrivaled experience, but is also protected by a layer of scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass. With 10 finger multi-touch support, users can have the most natural and intuitive touch experience possible. On top of that, the front-facing 1.2MP camera and back-facing 5MP camera gives users video conferencing capabilities as well as the ability to take stunning pictures.
The slide-out keyboard that is built right into the ASUS Eee Pad Slider gives users a faster and more comfortable typing experience compared to an on-screen keyboard. Now users can be productive anytime and anywhere. The pre-installed Polaris Office 3.0 gives users a professional Mobile Office Solution, allowing them to view and edit office documents including documents, spreadsheets and presentation files.
To help users seamlessly transfer data between devices, ASUS WebStorage provides one year of unlimited cloud storage so users can backup and share all of their favorite songs, movies, and photos. With the addition of the 16/32GB eMMC slot, USB port, Micro SD card reader, and mini-HDMI port, the Eee Pad Slider is truly a productivity and entertainment powerhouse.
Trendsetting cloud experience
With Google's revolutionary Android 3.1 operating system (Android 3.2 upgradable*), designed and optimized for tablets, users will receive the full web experience on the Eee Pad Slider. Adobe Flash is enabled, which means rich and immersive content is right at users' finger tips.
ASUS also included several unique applications such as MyNet, MyCloud, and MyLibrary. MyNet easily streams digital media wirelessly to home network devices, so HD videos or music can be played on HDTVs or desktop PCs. MyLibrary consolidates downloaded books, magazines, and newspapers in one easy-to-browse profile, while MyCloud is a total cloud solution that provides access to digital content such as music, videos and photos. Users can even use MyCloud to remotely access and control their PC or Mac systems and access applications to extend the capabilities of the Eee Pad Slider.
Finally, the Google Android Market offers hundreds of thousands of apps for users' enjoyment, including popular ones such as Angry Birds, Facebook, and Twitter.
Latest News Posts
- Pokemon NO! Parents start naming babies after Pokemon GO characters
- Disney developing 'Rocketeer' sequel
- Free multiplayer modes coming to Doom tomorrrow, Deathmatch later on
- EA's Origin client is getting a new look, currently in beta
- Unlock new career paths with an in-demand tech certification
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio