SanDisk Corporation, a global leader in flash memory storage solutions, today introduced the SanDisk Ultra solid state drive (SSD) for the retail market. The new SSD can extend the life of desktop and notebook PCs, and offers greater performance, durability and power efficiency than a hard disk drive.
The SanDisk Ultra SSD is a convenient drop-in solution for technology enthusiasts looking to upgrade their own PCs for an enhanced user experience. The new SSD features: Fast Performance, Power Efficiency, and Long-term Reliability.
Fast performance: the drive's up to 280 megabyte per second (MB/sec) sequential read and 270 MB/sec sequential write speeds deliver fast data-transfer rates; up to 3 Gb/s random speeds surpass other SATA II SSDs and enable faster system boot and application launch times
Power efficiency: the drive's low power consumption extends battery life, and with no moving parts, the SSD offers silent operation
Long-term reliability: Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) of up to 1,000,000 hours
"Replacing a computer's hard disk drive with the SanDisk Ultra SSD is more cost effective than buying a new PC," said Kent Perry, director, product marketing, SanDisk. "Our new SSD delivers greater speed and reliability than a hard disk drive at an affordable price."
The drive comes in 60 gigabyte (GB), 120GB and 240GB capacities carrying MSRPs of $129.99, $219.99 and $449.99, respectively. Consumers in the United States can order the drive now from online retailers such as http://www.newegg.com.
Latest News Posts
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- Top Memorial Day laptop deals with 7th Gen Kaby Lake
- New Dragon Age game could be big-budget, not RTS spinoff
- LeEco's crash in the US leaves hundreds unemployed
- Tekken 7 PC requirements revealed
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017