OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) for computing devices and systems, today unveiled the Indilinx Everest SATA 3.0 SSD platform. The Everest platform features support of 6Gbps interface speeds, high transactional performance that is optimized for compressed files, and maximum capacities up to 1TB.
"The new Indilinx Everest platform is a complete customizable solution that delivers superior storage performance, features, and capabilities designed to exceed the needs of the most demanding SSD applications," said Bumsoo Kim, President of Indilinx. "Combining a 6Gbps SATA Revision 3.0 host interface, a dual-core CPU, and support for the latest, most advanced NAND Flash memory technology available, Everest offers SSD manufacturers unparallel flexibility in optimizing their designs for both performance and cost."
As a true next generation solution the new Indilinx Everest platform includes a complete spectrum of enhanced capabilities including:
Supports Next Generation Flash Technologies
The Everest Platform supports state-of-the-art, Multi-Level Cell (MLC) NAND components and next generation three bit per cell NAND Flash. The ability to leverage Triple-Level Cell (TLC) NAND Flash with proprietary Everest and Indilinx Ndurance Technology provides customers with significant cost reductions associated with moving to the new process.
Advanced Architecture Optimized for High Speed and Density
The Everest Platform features the only controller to support 200 mega transfers per second (MT/s) synchronous-mode flash, up over the 166 MT/s supported by other NAND Flash controllers. Everest supports 1TB capacities in a single controller SSD design with current generation Flash components. Its innovative eight channel design with up to 16-way interleaving for maximum performance, supports full data path and power fail protection to deliver best-in-class data integrity and reliability for enterprise applications.
Everest's leading-edge design delivers high sequential speeds up to 500MB/s and is optimized for small file writes at the 8K file size with next generation page mapping technology, which increases transactional performance optimized for 4K to 16K compressed files , by matching file sizes to the 8K page size typical in newer generation NAND Flash.
Enhanced Boot Time
Indilinx's new boot time reduction algorithms can be configured to decrease system boot time by up to 50% over existing SSD controller architectures for customers that require faster boot times and an instant-on experience in their applications. This provides the real world benefits users seek from their storage solutions and enables quicker access and greater responsiveness, allowing clients to take full advantage of solid state storage as a boot device.
Indilinx Everest Platform Complete Feature-Set:
SATA Revision 3.0 - Supports 6Gbps, 3Gbps, and 1.5Gbps interface speeds
Dual Core ARM CPU
1TB Maximum Capacity
High Sequential Speeds
High Transactional Performance - Optimized for 4K to 16K Compressed Files
Up to 8 Channels of ONFI 2.0/Toggle 1.0 Flash at up to 200MT/s with up to 16-way Interleaving
Advanced BCH ECC engine -over 70 bits per defined sector
400 MHz DDR3 DRAM Cache Interface with Support for up to 512MB
Proprietary Ndurance Technology
Enhanced Power Fail Protection
Supports up to 1xnm Node NAND Flash with 1, 2, or 3 bits per cell
Efficient NAND Flash Management - Dynamic and Static Wear-Leveling, and Background Garbage Collection
Boot Time Reduction Optimizations - Collaborative Platform Development
NCQ Support up to 32 Queue Depth
End-to-End Data Protection
Numerous Over-Provisioning Options
Industry Standard SMART Reporting
The Indilinx Everest SSD platform is now available to OEMs for validation.
Latest News Posts
- Carl Pei hints that OnePlus 5 might keep headphone jack
- Borderlands 3 teased for 2018 release
- Red Dead Redemption 2 to release after April 2018
- Samsung has 3.5-inch 120Hz OLED: next-gen VR panels
- Samsung teases prototype 1.96-inch 4K LCD for VR HMDs
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning