Logitech webcams enhance Facebook video calling experience
Sydney, Australia - July 20th, 2011 - Logitech, maker of the world's No. 1 selling webcams, today announced the Australian availability of the Logitech Webcam C170 which makes video calling easy. The newest Logitech webcam is simple to install and use and comes ready to allow the sharing of videos through one-touch upload to Facebook or YouTube.
Logitech has also announced that its family of webcams, including the new Logitech Webcam C170, are compatible with the new Facebook Skype video calling service. While this new service does not offer high definition video calling yet, Logitech's webcams offer Facebook users a better overall user experience than standard embedded PC webcams. With Logitech webcams, users get improved low light performance, sharper images, smoother video
and richer colours.
George Saad, director of Logitech Australia said, "Most of us in Australia have friends and family far away, probably more so than in some other countries, so it makes sense that the number of Australians using Facebook and other social networking sites to stay connected is increasing everyday. With Facebook now offering video chat we can only expect it to become more pervasive - making video calling as commonplace as a phone call. At Logitech, our goal is to ensure these important video interactions are of the highest quality possible."
The Logitech Webcam C170
The Logitech Webcam C170 is designed with a sleek universal clip to easily fit any laptop or desktop computer. It also has a built-in automatic noise-reduction which is designed to cut annoying choppiness and helps ensure that background noise won't interfere with calls. Like all Logitech webcams, Logitech Webcam C170 features Logitech Fluid Crystal technology for smoother video, sharper pictures, richer colour and clearer sound in real-world conditions. The webcam offers high-quality video calling, with a frame rate of up to 30 per second for cinematic picture quality and a video capture of 1024 x768 (XVGA) resolution. The webcam also takes software-enhanced, 5-megapixel pictures, offering a quicker way to keep in touch when there is no time for a video call.
The Logitech Webcam C170 is expected to be available in Australia in late July for a suggested retail price of AU$29.95 and is expected to be available at Australia Post, Big W and Bing Lee.
Logitech is a world leader in products that connect people to the digital experiences they care about. Spanning multiple computing, communication and entertainment platforms, Logitech's combined hardware and software enable or enhance digital navigation, music and video entertainment, gaming, social networking, audio and video communication over the Internet, video security and home-entertainment control. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
Latest News Posts
- NASA begins year-long Mars isolation experiment on Earth
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- Until Dawn Sony PlayStation 4 Review
- ASUS gaming PC
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20