Logitech webcams enhance Facebook video calling experience
Sydney, Australia - July 20th, 2011 - Logitech, maker of the world's No. 1 selling webcams, today announced the Australian availability of the Logitech Webcam C170 which makes video calling easy. The newest Logitech webcam is simple to install and use and comes ready to allow the sharing of videos through one-touch upload to Facebook or YouTube.
Logitech has also announced that its family of webcams, including the new Logitech Webcam C170, are compatible with the new Facebook Skype video calling service. While this new service does not offer high definition video calling yet, Logitech's webcams offer Facebook users a better overall user experience than standard embedded PC webcams. With Logitech webcams, users get improved low light performance, sharper images, smoother video
and richer colours.
George Saad, director of Logitech Australia said, "Most of us in Australia have friends and family far away, probably more so than in some other countries, so it makes sense that the number of Australians using Facebook and other social networking sites to stay connected is increasing everyday. With Facebook now offering video chat we can only expect it to become more pervasive - making video calling as commonplace as a phone call. At Logitech, our goal is to ensure these important video interactions are of the highest quality possible."
The Logitech Webcam C170
The Logitech Webcam C170 is designed with a sleek universal clip to easily fit any laptop or desktop computer. It also has a built-in automatic noise-reduction which is designed to cut annoying choppiness and helps ensure that background noise won't interfere with calls. Like all Logitech webcams, Logitech Webcam C170 features Logitech Fluid Crystal technology for smoother video, sharper pictures, richer colour and clearer sound in real-world conditions. The webcam offers high-quality video calling, with a frame rate of up to 30 per second for cinematic picture quality and a video capture of 1024 x768 (XVGA) resolution. The webcam also takes software-enhanced, 5-megapixel pictures, offering a quicker way to keep in touch when there is no time for a video call.
The Logitech Webcam C170 is expected to be available in Australia in late July for a suggested retail price of AU$29.95 and is expected to be available at Australia Post, Big W and Bing Lee.
Logitech is a world leader in products that connect people to the digital experiences they care about. Spanning multiple computing, communication and entertainment platforms, Logitech's combined hardware and software enable or enhance digital navigation, music and video entertainment, gaming, social networking, audio and video communication over the Internet, video security and home-entertainment control. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
Latest News Posts
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- All new Halo games will have split-screen, 343i confirms
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications