Twinsburg, OH - June 28th 2011
AVADirect, a leading custom computer integrator, has begun offering the AMD HD 6990M mobile graphics card for sale on their website. AVADirect is one of the first outlets to offer the AMD HD 6990M in Clevo P150HM. P170HM, and X7200 gaming notebook models. AVADirect has already begun taking pre-orders as of today and plans to ship out the notebooks with dedicated AMD HD 6990M graphics cards to expecting customers within 3-4 weeks.
Mobile graphics card are moving into an entirely new direction; that of the desktop. Much like Nvidia's GTX 580M, ATI's HD 6990M has improved performance over the previous mobile graphics cards offered in notebooks today. The release of ATI's HD6990M is in direct competition with Nvidia's "fastest notebook GPU in the world", the GTX 580M. This state is no longer a fact, considering the HD 6990M is claimed to hold a 25% performance increase of Nvidia's most power mobile graphics card. The add insult to injury, the ATI HD 6990M also supports Eyefinity, GPU app acceleration, and HD3D; making the ATI 6990M a worth competitor toward Nvidia's GTX 580M graphics processor. These improvements are huge when compared against previous AMD mobile graphics cards and may very well create a new standard for ATI to follow in future mobile graphic cards.
By using the new ATI HD 6990M series mobile graphics card combined with the X58 and P67 mobile chipsets it removes a majority of the data bandwidth limitations that all mobile platforms have suffered from ever since their existence. The benefits of DDR3 RAM did not show early on in development, but as technology begins to advance the IT industry begins to see the true colors of DDR3. AVADirect's new Sandy Bridge notebooks have the capability to run DDR3 SODIMM RAM at 1600Mhz stable. Both the X58 and P67 mobile chipsets also provide built-in HDMI outputs for LCD connectivity and other large displays. USB 3.0 port are now standard with all Clevo models that offer the GTX 580M. Last but not least, the mobile P67 Clevo models mentioned also feature SATA 6Gb/s ports to power and utilize SATA 6Gb/s devices to full advantage. To receive the full performance benefit of the increased bandwidth end-users will want to consider using a solid state disk as their primary operating system drive, and a secondary hard disk for data storage. This setup has become a standard in a majority of hardware setups to date.
ATI's HD 6990M is $200+ cheaper than Nvidia's GTX 580M graphics card. Though, many sources have claimed the performance is not much better than the GTX 580M, (as opposed to ATI's statement of a 25% increase) it is still something to think about.
To purchase a notebook featuring the ATI HD 6990M click here
AVADirect is a privately owned custom computer manufacturer based in Twinsburg, Ohio, (within close proximity to Cleveland) specializing in the design, engineering and manufacturing of personalized high performance computer systems. The systems span the spectrum from Windows or Linux manageable and highly-reliable servers, to high-end workstations and gaming systems, to business PC's, notebooks and barebones systems and parts, focused on the commitment to meet the everyday demands of the marketplace, while creating a footprint within the industry.
For more information, visit http://www.avadirect.com.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines