TORRANCE, Calif. -July 12, 2011-TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the availability of the first to market 450Mbps Concurrent Dual Band Wireless N Router, model TEW-692GR.
This is the first router to offer full 450 Mbps speeds on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless bands concurrently-for a total theoretical throughput of 900 Mbps. A popular Dual Band network configuration is to assign the low interference 5 GHz band to media center devices and the more popular 2.4 GHz band to computers and peripherals that are typically only able to connect using the 2.4 GHz frequency.
Gigabit Ethernet ports maintain high performance wired connections. Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) integrates other WPS supported wireless adapters at the touch of a button. Gone are the days of entering complicated encryption codes; simply press the WPS button on the TEW-692GR, and then press the WPS button on a compatible wireless adapter-the devices automatically exchange information and connect over a secure encrypted wireless signal. WMM technology further prioritizes video and audio packets.
"We are confident that this first-to-market 450Mbps router will outperform any router available today," stated Zak Wood, Director of Global Marketing for TRENDnet. "TRENDnet remains the only brand to offer 450Mbps adapters needed to connect to routers at 450Mbps and the only brand to offer products that support a complete 450Mbps wireless ecosystem."
The 450Mbps Concurrent Dual Band Wireless N Router, model TEW-692GR, comes with a three year limited warranty and is currently shipping to all online and retail partners. The MSRP for the TEW-692GR is U.S. $249.99.
TRENDnetis an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a completeline of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small tomid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnetis headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch officesin Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet productsare sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistentlyrecognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleledsupport. For more information visit http://www.trendnet.com or call +1 (310) 961-5500.
Latest News Posts
- The Division to feature 100-player 'Dark Zones', PvP, and so much more
- Game on for our 'Hunger Games: Mockingay' Blu-ray Giveaway
- Google hit AI breakthrough that could be huge for self-driving cars
- SanDisk unveils huge 200GB microSD card for Android devices
- Concern in rising number of tax-related scams and cybercrime
- Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Intel 82579V Gbit LAN Firmware Update Guide
- Dummy put Wrong processor in 1333-d667
- Underappreciated gaming accessories and over-hyped marketing terms
- asrock p67 transformer mobo & overclocking i5 750
- overclocking guide
- Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans
- BitFenix Announces AEGIS Micro-ATX Chassis
- VisionTek Introduces DriveXpander 2.5-inch Drive Expansion Slot Adapter
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop