The VIA EPIA-M900 brings dual core processing power to small form factor embedded devices
Taipei, Taiwan, July 7th, 2011 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced the VIA EPIA-M900 Mini-ITX board, the world's first Mini-ITX board to feature a VIA Nano X2 E-Series dual core processor.
Combining a high-performance 1.6GHz 64-bit VIA Nano X2 E-Series processor with the VIA VX900 unified all-in-one media system processor, the VIA EPIA-M900 delivers a highly optimized platform that boasts comprehensive HD video performance, HD audio and HDMI support in a compact, power-efficient package.
"The VIA EPIA-M900 brings high performance VIA dual core computing power to embedded devices for the first time," said Epan Wu, Head of the VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "It will enable the creation of a wealth of innovative next generation digital signage, POS, Kiosk, ATM, home automation, healthcare and media client system design applications."
VIA EPIA-M900: High Performance Mini-ITX
Measuring 17cm x 17cm the VIA EPIA-M900 Mini-ITX board features the 1.6GHz dual core VIA Nano X2 E-Series processor. The VIA Nano X2 E-Series is combined with the VIA VX900 MSP, supporting up to 8GB of DDR3 system memory and featuring the VIA ChromotionHD 2.0 video processor.
64-bit VIA Nano X2 E-Series dual core processors include VIA VT virtualization, a technology that allows legacy software and applications to be used in virtual scenarios without impacting performance. The unique VIA AES Security Engine offers hardware-based data encryption on the fly, an essential tool in content protection and system security.
The VIA ChromotionHD 2.0 video engine boasts comprehensive hardware acceleration for the latest VC1, H.264, MPEG-2 and WMV9 HD formats at screen resolutions of up to 1080p without affecting CPU load. The VIA EPIA-M900 also features the VIA Vinyl VT2021 HD audio codec which supports Blu-ray and HD DVD Audio Content Protection.
Rear panel I/O includes a Gigabit LAN port, HDMI port, VGA port, four USB 2.0 ports, one COM port and three audio jacks. An onboard PCIe x16 slot (with effective speed up to PCIe x8) and one PCI slot is accompanied with pin headers providing one dual channel 24-bit LVDS support (including backlight control), an additional three COM ports, a further four USB 2.0 ports and one USB device port, LPC support, 2 Digital I/O, SPDIF out and an SMBus header.
For more information about the VIA EPIA-M900, please visit:
For more information about the VIA Nano X2 E-Series, please visit:
Images related to this announcement can be found here:
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc is the foremost fabless supplier of power efficient x86 processor platforms that are driving system innovation in the PC, client, ultra mobile and embedded markets. Combining energy-saving processors with digital media chipsets and advanced connectivity, multimedia and networking silicon enables a broad spectrum of computing and communication platforms, including its widely acclaimed ultra compact mainboards. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA's global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the world's top OEMs and system integrators. http://www.via.com.tw
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note7 pictured in the wild
- ASRock X299E-ITX/ac: up to 12C/24T CPU power in ITX form
- Gionee announces three new smartphones
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017