Introducing the MB882HX-1SB 2.5" SATA SSD Xpander Hybrid Adapter. Using a high speed 2.5" SATA SSD and a high capacity 3.5" SATA hard drive, you can combine them to create a new breed of species. Using our hybrid technology, we can take a moderate or 2nd generation 2.5" SATA SSD in combination with a mid to higher end 3.5" SATA hard drive which automatically creates "hybrid partition" and "storage partition". The "hybrid partition" doubles the capacity of the SSD drive and provides high performance in transfer rates. The storage partition gives you the remaining capacity of the hard drive* (the size of the 3.5" SATA hard drive minus "hybrid partition" size).
This is the perfect upgrade solution without purchasing an expensive high capacity SSD. The Xpander Hybrid Adapter doubles the sequential transfer rates of the hard drive exclusively in the hybrid partition, it is great for people who move, play or edit large media files. Such as a video editor, graphic designer, HD movie enthusiast that use applications like Adobe Photoshop, Sony Vegas and Windows Media Center that require large file loads / transfers. For editing, you can use the hybrid portion as a sketch drive; move the working files to it for fast editing. When you are done with the file we recommend moving the file to a RAID protected archive drive. The "storage partition" is perfect for non-important applications or files i.e. games, movies, music, or other media files.
Create a high performance "hybrid partition" that doubles the capacity of the SSD drive been used.
Create a "storage partition" which gives you the remaining capacity of the hard drive minus "hybrid partition" size.
Increase the hard drive transfer rate by up to 2X for both sequential read/write speeds**
Perfect for Media related applications.
Airflow vents for heat dissipation.
Screw-less design for quick & easy SSD installation.
Universal mounting holes for most common PC case.
The adapter is the same as a 3.5" hard drive in dimension and compatible with most common PC cases.
**Note: Performance dominantly dependent on selection of SSD and hard drive.
1. When using the Xpander Hybrid Adapter if either the SSD or the hard drive fails, all data will be lost on both drives. We recommend that you always save your important data to a RAID protected archive drive.
2. For best results, we recommend using an inexpensive 2nd generation SATA II 2.5" SSD (roughly 250MB/sec in read/write speed) with a good performance 7200RPM 3.5" SATA II hard drive (roughly 130MB/sec in read/write speed).
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Following latest air disaster, some wonder about pilotless planes
- Save 77% On The Wireless Bluetooth Cloud Buds
- LG begins promoting 8K, with its massive 7680x4320 resolution
- Facebook's new 'Scrapbooks' feature, organizes photos of your kids
- Huawei secures 33% increase in profits for 2014
- E2200 Killer Ethernet driver for Linux with Wakeup-On-Lan WOL
- SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive Review - Add Storage to your iOS Device
- EVGA X99 Micro (Intel X99) Micro-ATX Motherboard Review
- Extreme 6 for SLI and M.2?
- Z77X-UD3H Back USB Ports Not Working
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi