Introducing the MB882HX-1SB 2.5" SATA SSD Xpander Hybrid Adapter. Using a high speed 2.5" SATA SSD and a high capacity 3.5" SATA hard drive, you can combine them to create a new breed of species. Using our hybrid technology, we can take a moderate or 2nd generation 2.5" SATA SSD in combination with a mid to higher end 3.5" SATA hard drive which automatically creates "hybrid partition" and "storage partition". The "hybrid partition" doubles the capacity of the SSD drive and provides high performance in transfer rates. The storage partition gives you the remaining capacity of the hard drive* (the size of the 3.5" SATA hard drive minus "hybrid partition" size).
This is the perfect upgrade solution without purchasing an expensive high capacity SSD. The Xpander Hybrid Adapter doubles the sequential transfer rates of the hard drive exclusively in the hybrid partition, it is great for people who move, play or edit large media files. Such as a video editor, graphic designer, HD movie enthusiast that use applications like Adobe Photoshop, Sony Vegas and Windows Media Center that require large file loads / transfers. For editing, you can use the hybrid portion as a sketch drive; move the working files to it for fast editing. When you are done with the file we recommend moving the file to a RAID protected archive drive. The "storage partition" is perfect for non-important applications or files i.e. games, movies, music, or other media files.
Create a high performance "hybrid partition" that doubles the capacity of the SSD drive been used.
Create a "storage partition" which gives you the remaining capacity of the hard drive minus "hybrid partition" size.
Increase the hard drive transfer rate by up to 2X for both sequential read/write speeds**
Perfect for Media related applications.
Airflow vents for heat dissipation.
Screw-less design for quick & easy SSD installation.
Universal mounting holes for most common PC case.
The adapter is the same as a 3.5" hard drive in dimension and compatible with most common PC cases.
**Note: Performance dominantly dependent on selection of SSD and hard drive.
1. When using the Xpander Hybrid Adapter if either the SSD or the hard drive fails, all data will be lost on both drives. We recommend that you always save your important data to a RAID protected archive drive.
2. For best results, we recommend using an inexpensive 2nd generation SATA II 2.5" SSD (roughly 250MB/sec in read/write speed) with a good performance 7200RPM 3.5" SATA II hard drive (roughly 130MB/sec in read/write speed).
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni