New SATA modular SSDs boast slim profile and high speed
As portable devices become all the rage, compactness and thin profile have gone mainstream. Apacer -the global leading memory manufacturer- stays ahead of the market by introducing today two industrial SSDs (solid state disks) targeting industrial tablet PCs and rugged mobile devices. The new offerings include the 2.5-inch SAFD 25M3 and the 1.8-inch SAFD 18S3, both of which are storage solutions boasting thin profile as well as high speed. The two next-generation ultra-slim SATA modular SSDs deliver high read/write speed of up to 115/90 MB/sec in half the size of typical 2.5-inch and 1.8-inch ones. Due to noiseless, shock-resistant and power-saving features, they not only meet customer demand for portable devices perfectly but also offer mobility and reliability for industrial tablet PCs and rugged mobile devices.
Apacer's next-generation SSDs, SAFD 25M3 and SAFD 18S3, feature a superbly reliable SLC (single-level cell) flash memory and a built-in 7+15pin SATA connector. With a maximum capacity of 16 GB, they can operate normally in harsh temperature environments ranging from -40°C - +85°C. Given a super small form factor, the two SSDs can be directly embedded into such applications as industrial tablet PCs and rugged mobile devices. Also among the pluses is the sequential read/write speed reaching 115/90 MB/sec; this provides portable devices with multiple advantages of thin profile , high speed and reliability. Between the two, the JEDEC MO-297-compliant SAFD 18S3 offers enhanced robustness while eliminating the concern of vibration with its screw holes on both sides, which help secure the SSD on the motherboard.
To enhance the performance and lifespan of SAFD 25M3 and SAFD 18S3 after use for long periods of time, the two new SSDs are compatible with Windows 7. Powered by Windows 7's optimization technology, it frees users from having to upgrade firmware and also gives a speed boost. As the operating time of blocks in the SSD is shortened, they can be erased more efficiently with the support of Windows 7 TRIM command for optimization, ensuring that the SSD runs great while prolonging its lifespan.
SAFD 25M3 and SAFD 18S3 have entered mass production. Samples are now available for customers to do qualification.
Apacer Technology Inc. offers a wide range of industrial SSD, digital consumer products and memory modules. Together with its broad R&D, design, manufacturing, and marketing strengths, it has become a leading global manufacturer in the industry. Since its establishment, Apacer has always followed its promise, "Access the best," to produce reliable, innovative products and services. Apacer supplies customers with high performance, reliable, high value memory modules and flash memory via a marketing network that stretches across worldwide distributors, product manufacturing facilities, and retail consumers. Apacer provides innovative, state-of-the-art digital storage products to store, record, and share the digital information crucial to their work and essential to their daily lives.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk on AI: they would treat us like 'pet Labradors'
- Prepare for multi-part Transformers sequels, and spinoff films
- Safran and Valeo show autonomous vehicles can learn from drones
- Valve begins selling tickets to the upcoming Dota 2 The International
- Valve's SteamVR headset will be free for developers, for now
- Watercooling the Crosshair V Formula Z motherboard.
- Gigabyte J1800N-D2H not supporting Azurewave WiFi Card
- overclocking a as rock 970 performance fatality 1
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB in SLI - Two is Much Better Than One
- KLevv Urbane 2800MHz DDR3 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi