New SATA modular SSDs boast slim profile and high speed
As portable devices become all the rage, compactness and thin profile have gone mainstream. Apacer -the global leading memory manufacturer- stays ahead of the market by introducing today two industrial SSDs (solid state disks) targeting industrial tablet PCs and rugged mobile devices. The new offerings include the 2.5-inch SAFD 25M3 and the 1.8-inch SAFD 18S3, both of which are storage solutions boasting thin profile as well as high speed. The two next-generation ultra-slim SATA modular SSDs deliver high read/write speed of up to 115/90 MB/sec in half the size of typical 2.5-inch and 1.8-inch ones. Due to noiseless, shock-resistant and power-saving features, they not only meet customer demand for portable devices perfectly but also offer mobility and reliability for industrial tablet PCs and rugged mobile devices.
Apacer's next-generation SSDs, SAFD 25M3 and SAFD 18S3, feature a superbly reliable SLC (single-level cell) flash memory and a built-in 7+15pin SATA connector. With a maximum capacity of 16 GB, they can operate normally in harsh temperature environments ranging from -40°C - +85°C. Given a super small form factor, the two SSDs can be directly embedded into such applications as industrial tablet PCs and rugged mobile devices. Also among the pluses is the sequential read/write speed reaching 115/90 MB/sec; this provides portable devices with multiple advantages of thin profile , high speed and reliability. Between the two, the JEDEC MO-297-compliant SAFD 18S3 offers enhanced robustness while eliminating the concern of vibration with its screw holes on both sides, which help secure the SSD on the motherboard.
To enhance the performance and lifespan of SAFD 25M3 and SAFD 18S3 after use for long periods of time, the two new SSDs are compatible with Windows 7. Powered by Windows 7's optimization technology, it frees users from having to upgrade firmware and also gives a speed boost. As the operating time of blocks in the SSD is shortened, they can be erased more efficiently with the support of Windows 7 TRIM command for optimization, ensuring that the SSD runs great while prolonging its lifespan.
SAFD 25M3 and SAFD 18S3 have entered mass production. Samples are now available for customers to do qualification.
Apacer Technology Inc. offers a wide range of industrial SSD, digital consumer products and memory modules. Together with its broad R&D, design, manufacturing, and marketing strengths, it has become a leading global manufacturer in the industry. Since its establishment, Apacer has always followed its promise, "Access the best," to produce reliable, innovative products and services. Apacer supplies customers with high performance, reliable, high value memory modules and flash memory via a marketing network that stretches across worldwide distributors, product manufacturing facilities, and retail consumers. Apacer provides innovative, state-of-the-art digital storage products to store, record, and share the digital information crucial to their work and essential to their daily lives.
Latest News Posts
- Polaris is exciting, but will this be the GPU we're looking for?
- China is the first to have an autonomous police robot, with a taser
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched