New SATA modular SSDs boast slim profile and high speed
As portable devices become all the rage, compactness and thin profile have gone mainstream. Apacer -the global leading memory manufacturer- stays ahead of the market by introducing today two industrial SSDs (solid state disks) targeting industrial tablet PCs and rugged mobile devices. The new offerings include the 2.5-inch SAFD 25M3 and the 1.8-inch SAFD 18S3, both of which are storage solutions boasting thin profile as well as high speed. The two next-generation ultra-slim SATA modular SSDs deliver high read/write speed of up to 115/90 MB/sec in half the size of typical 2.5-inch and 1.8-inch ones. Due to noiseless, shock-resistant and power-saving features, they not only meet customer demand for portable devices perfectly but also offer mobility and reliability for industrial tablet PCs and rugged mobile devices.
Apacer's next-generation SSDs, SAFD 25M3 and SAFD 18S3, feature a superbly reliable SLC (single-level cell) flash memory and a built-in 7+15pin SATA connector. With a maximum capacity of 16 GB, they can operate normally in harsh temperature environments ranging from -40°C - +85°C. Given a super small form factor, the two SSDs can be directly embedded into such applications as industrial tablet PCs and rugged mobile devices. Also among the pluses is the sequential read/write speed reaching 115/90 MB/sec; this provides portable devices with multiple advantages of thin profile , high speed and reliability. Between the two, the JEDEC MO-297-compliant SAFD 18S3 offers enhanced robustness while eliminating the concern of vibration with its screw holes on both sides, which help secure the SSD on the motherboard.
To enhance the performance and lifespan of SAFD 25M3 and SAFD 18S3 after use for long periods of time, the two new SSDs are compatible with Windows 7. Powered by Windows 7's optimization technology, it frees users from having to upgrade firmware and also gives a speed boost. As the operating time of blocks in the SSD is shortened, they can be erased more efficiently with the support of Windows 7 TRIM command for optimization, ensuring that the SSD runs great while prolonging its lifespan.
SAFD 25M3 and SAFD 18S3 have entered mass production. Samples are now available for customers to do qualification.
Apacer Technology Inc. offers a wide range of industrial SSD, digital consumer products and memory modules. Together with its broad R&D, design, manufacturing, and marketing strengths, it has become a leading global manufacturer in the industry. Since its establishment, Apacer has always followed its promise, "Access the best," to produce reliable, innovative products and services. Apacer supplies customers with high performance, reliable, high value memory modules and flash memory via a marketing network that stretches across worldwide distributors, product manufacturing facilities, and retail consumers. Apacer provides innovative, state-of-the-art digital storage products to store, record, and share the digital information crucial to their work and essential to their daily lives.
Latest News Posts
- Fuel cell maker teases 7-day battery life on smartphones inevitable
- Uber drops its 5% fee in London, to get taxi drivers using Uber
- Micron updates GDDR5X progression, volume production this summer
- Oculus Rift-ready gaming PC pre-orders will open on February 16
- Windows 10 changelog site launched
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance