New SATA modular SSDs boast slim profile and high speed
As portable devices become all the rage, compactness and thin profile have gone mainstream. Apacer -the global leading memory manufacturer- stays ahead of the market by introducing today two industrial SSDs (solid state disks) targeting industrial tablet PCs and rugged mobile devices. The new offerings include the 2.5-inch SAFD 25M3 and the 1.8-inch SAFD 18S3, both of which are storage solutions boasting thin profile as well as high speed. The two next-generation ultra-slim SATA modular SSDs deliver high read/write speed of up to 115/90 MB/sec in half the size of typical 2.5-inch and 1.8-inch ones. Due to noiseless, shock-resistant and power-saving features, they not only meet customer demand for portable devices perfectly but also offer mobility and reliability for industrial tablet PCs and rugged mobile devices.
Apacer's next-generation SSDs, SAFD 25M3 and SAFD 18S3, feature a superbly reliable SLC (single-level cell) flash memory and a built-in 7+15pin SATA connector. With a maximum capacity of 16 GB, they can operate normally in harsh temperature environments ranging from -40°C - +85°C. Given a super small form factor, the two SSDs can be directly embedded into such applications as industrial tablet PCs and rugged mobile devices. Also among the pluses is the sequential read/write speed reaching 115/90 MB/sec; this provides portable devices with multiple advantages of thin profile , high speed and reliability. Between the two, the JEDEC MO-297-compliant SAFD 18S3 offers enhanced robustness while eliminating the concern of vibration with its screw holes on both sides, which help secure the SSD on the motherboard.
To enhance the performance and lifespan of SAFD 25M3 and SAFD 18S3 after use for long periods of time, the two new SSDs are compatible with Windows 7. Powered by Windows 7's optimization technology, it frees users from having to upgrade firmware and also gives a speed boost. As the operating time of blocks in the SSD is shortened, they can be erased more efficiently with the support of Windows 7 TRIM command for optimization, ensuring that the SSD runs great while prolonging its lifespan.
SAFD 25M3 and SAFD 18S3 have entered mass production. Samples are now available for customers to do qualification.
Apacer Technology Inc. offers a wide range of industrial SSD, digital consumer products and memory modules. Together with its broad R&D, design, manufacturing, and marketing strengths, it has become a leading global manufacturer in the industry. Since its establishment, Apacer has always followed its promise, "Access the best," to produce reliable, innovative products and services. Apacer supplies customers with high performance, reliable, high value memory modules and flash memory via a marketing network that stretches across worldwide distributors, product manufacturing facilities, and retail consumers. Apacer provides innovative, state-of-the-art digital storage products to store, record, and share the digital information crucial to their work and essential to their daily lives.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme announced, ready for Ryzen
- Terminator 2 on 4K Blu-ray includes T-800 arm replicate
- Intel's new 12C/24T CPU: slower clocks than ThreadRipper
- ARCTIC's Liquid Freezer: ready for Ryzen ThreadRipper
- AMD compares Radeon RX Vega to GTX 1080 in Battlefield 1
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- AMD hits Intel where it hurts with Ryzen ThreadRipper
- Lexar JumpDrive Tough 64GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive Review
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4
- MSI releases special motherboard BIOSes for Crypto-currency Mining
- Qualcomm files patent infringement complaints against Apple with International Trade Commission and Federal Court