Winners to Qualify for MSI MOA Grand Final in Taipei
HELSINKI, FINLAND - JUNE 28, 2011 - Futuremark® today announced the return of its annual Lords of Overclocking competition for PC users everywhere. This year's event, the largest of its type, will see overclocking pros, enthusiasts and hobbyists from Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas use 3DMark® 11 and MSI brand graphics cards to compete for the title of "Lord of Overclocking" for their region. http://www.futuremark.com/lords
The top contestants from each region will win a grand prize trip for two with travel and hotel included to compete in the MSI Master Overclocking Arena (MOA) 2011 grand final in Taipei. The complete prize pool includes the latest and most desirable graphics cards, motherboards, cases, memory, coolers and power supplies from competition sponsors MSI, Huntkey, Kingston and Enermax.
The Lords of Overclocking contest will run for four weeks from July 4 to August 1 with prizes awarded to the top weekly winners in each region. Additional winners will be picked at random from all qualifying entries each week, ensuring everyone has a chance to win.
"We are excited to once again bring the world's most talented overclockers together for our annual Lords of Overclocking competition," said Jukka Mäkinen, Futuremark CEO. "With great prizes on offer from some of the most recognized names in PC performance it promises to be a closely fought contest."
"This is the third year MSI has partnered with Futuremark to promote Lords of Overclocking as the premier online qualifying event for MOA," said Jason Lee, Marketing Director at MSI. "Lords of Overclocking gives enthusiasts and overclockers around the world an opportunity to experience the performance, stability and quality of the military grade hardware in MSI mainboards and graphics cards in an exciting competitive setting."
Lords of Overclocking is a worldwide online qualifying event for the prestigious MSI MOA 2011 competition in Taipei which will see the world's top overclockers go head to head in a fiercely fought battle of extreme overclocking.
Contestants will be competing to achieve the highest score with 3DMark 11, the latest version of the world's most popular benchmark for testing PC gaming hardware. Featuring a combination of real-time visual and numerical computation tests, 3DMark is the standard for measuring PC video card performance and is supported by an online database containing over 35 million results. 3DMark 11 Basic Edition is available as a free download from Futuremark's website.
About Futuremark® Corporation
Futuremark® Corporation creates the world's most popular benchmarks and PC performance tests. Futuremark's free 3DMark®, PCMark® and Peacekeeper tests have helped millions of people measure and improve their PCs' performance for games, media, applications and web. Futuremark Games Studio, wholly owned by Futuremark Corporation, creates original games with new and entertaining gameplay. The studio is currently developing Hungribles, a skill shot puzzle game for iPhone® and iPad® and has two further unannounced titles in development. Futuremark maintains offices in Saratoga, California and Helsinki, Finland. http://www.futuremark.com/
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 4's Far Harbor DLC might have underwater exploration
- Titanfall devs working on Star Wars third-person adventure game
- Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth, Hardline Robbery DLC temporarily free
- Left 4 Dead, Evolve devs working on a new unannounced IP
- Enter to Win a $1,000 NewEgg Gift Card
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience