Known for delivering premium external storage solutions engineered to meet the needs of the Apple Mac community, G-Technology by Hitachi today introduced its G-CONNECT wireless storage solution, the first in a family of products providing instant, wireless storage and 802.11n WiFi Internet access for your Apple iPad, iPhone and many other mobile devices. The G-CONNECT solution provides on-the-go wireless access to content that's not already loaded on your iOS devices, including your favorite movies, music, books, photos and documents. No Internet connection is required. G-CONNECT provides access to five+ simultaneous devices, depending on the workload, and supports up to five SD or three HD video streams at once.
When connected via Ethernet to a network, the G-CONNECT drive becomes your own personal cloud or WiFi Internet access point, allowing you to surf and stream content, wirelessly, at the same time. Access and view content on the G-CONNECT solution with a mobile iOS app, which will be available in the App Store, or through your browser. Android devices are also supported with access through a web browser, with native apps available this fall.
Fitting easily in your laptop bag, backpack or purse, G-CONNECT is the must have iPad and iPhone storage companion. Power it up in a dorm room, conference room or hotel room via its AC power adapter or take it on the road using Apple iPad-compatible USB power cables, car power adapters, or external batteries3 for hours of entertainment wherever you go.
Simple wireless storage for your iPad/iPhone so you can take more with you everywhere
Easily access and stream content to your iPad and iPhone
WiFi Internet access for multiple devices when connected via Ethernet
Supports five devices or more, depending on the workload
Wirelessly streams up to five SD or three HD movies simultaneously
Surf and stream at the same time, i.e. listen to music, while surfing the Internet
All content is automatically discovered and organized into Photos, Videos, Music, and Documents categories
Flexible access via iPad/iPhone mobile apps, multiple browsers, PC, Mac, DLNA-certified connected TVs and Apple TV with AirPlay
iPad/iPhone apps make G-CONNECT simple and easy to use; Android apps coming this Fall
Password protection to keep your content safe
A personal "private" folder allows you to share only what you want to
"With the unprecedented growth in tablets and smartphones, our goal is to deliver solutions that better fit the increasing mobile lifestyle of consumers," said Mike Williams, vice president and general manager, Hitachi GST Branded Business. "The mobile devices on which we listen to, work on and view our digital content on are proliferating, giving us new freedoms while at the same time creating practical realities - you just can't take all of your content with you, and you're left with constantly reorganizing your stuff to make more room. With G-CONNECT, now you truly can take it all with you! Providing more wireless storage for your iPad or iPhone, with WiFi Internet access, G-CONNECT users can easily access all of their content across multiple devices and from the cloud with the simplicity of a light switch."
Pricing and Availability
The G-Technology G-CONNECT wireless storage solution for iPads comes in a sleek white design for $199.99 MSRP (500GB). It will be available in the U.S. in July through Hitachi's authorized retail and distribution channels, or preorder now on http://www.G-Technology.com.
Latest News Posts
- New map, competitive ranking system arrive for Insurgency
- Google will reportedly shame vendors into Android updates
- Lenovo says Motorola acquisition 'did not meet expectations'
- Android Auto, CarPlay available for Hyundai vehicles
- GAINWARD's GeForce GTX 1080 Phoenix spotted with black/red/gold look
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Asus S300CA screen flickering/stripes
- Asrock MB front HD audio doesn't work (rear works)
- GA-H97-Gaming 3 trying to Raid Two 950pro's via PCIE Apadpter
- GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt not recognized
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition