Matrox Graphics Inc. today introduces the Matrox SMD-2 streaming media decoder, a second-generation universal IP video decode solution designed to decode - in parallel - large numbers of network video streams in different resolutions and formats. The ideal building block for large-scale IP video decode applications, each SMD-2 board can simultaneously decode up to 64 QCIF, 16 D1, or 2 HD 1080 streams. By combining multiple SMD-2 boards within a single system, users can decode and display hundreds of IP streams on any video display wall.
In light of their newly announced partnership, Matrox Graphics and Trenton are currently working together to engineer a validated system capable of supporting multiple SMD-2 cards within a single chassis, to be available later in the year. SMD-2 is fully integrated with the Matrox PPX Series and will be compatible with the Mura MPX Series later in the summer. With its capacity to cost-effectively support large-scale, high-density IP stream decoding, the Matrox SMD-2 is ideal for use in security surveillance, public security, and critical infrastructure sectors.
Matrox SMD-2 Key Features:
- High-density solution reduces equipment, space, and energy costs per video stream
- Decode up to 128 D1 or 16 HD 1080 streams simultaneously using 8 SMD-2 cards in a single chassis
- Increase your stream count with multiple rack-mount enclosures for larger scale projects
- Compatible with a large range of IP video devices
- Supports RTP, RTSP, TCP, UDP and IP network protocols including Unicast and Multicast
- Universal IP decoding for common codec formats (H.264, MPEG-4, MJPEG, etc.)
- Two 10/100/1000Mbit Base-T Ethernet ports for separate networks or redundancy
- Manipulate, Scale, and Position individual IP streams on a video wall through tight integration with Matrox display wall controller boards
The Matrox SMD-2 is currently available for use with Matrox PPX Series display wall controller boards. Development kits for SMD-2 with Matrox Mura MPX Series will be available late summer 2011, with general availability in fall 2011.
Latest News Posts
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- PS4 Pro Media Player update includes 4K support
- OST to PST Converter
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- ASRock B150M PRO4V- Voltage Control ?
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse