Matrox Graphics Inc. today introduces the Matrox SMD-2 streaming media decoder, a second-generation universal IP video decode solution designed to decode - in parallel - large numbers of network video streams in different resolutions and formats. The ideal building block for large-scale IP video decode applications, each SMD-2 board can simultaneously decode up to 64 QCIF, 16 D1, or 2 HD 1080 streams. By combining multiple SMD-2 boards within a single system, users can decode and display hundreds of IP streams on any video display wall.
In light of their newly announced partnership, Matrox Graphics and Trenton are currently working together to engineer a validated system capable of supporting multiple SMD-2 cards within a single chassis, to be available later in the year. SMD-2 is fully integrated with the Matrox PPX Series and will be compatible with the Mura MPX Series later in the summer. With its capacity to cost-effectively support large-scale, high-density IP stream decoding, the Matrox SMD-2 is ideal for use in security surveillance, public security, and critical infrastructure sectors.
Matrox SMD-2 Key Features:
- High-density solution reduces equipment, space, and energy costs per video stream
- Decode up to 128 D1 or 16 HD 1080 streams simultaneously using 8 SMD-2 cards in a single chassis
- Increase your stream count with multiple rack-mount enclosures for larger scale projects
- Compatible with a large range of IP video devices
- Supports RTP, RTSP, TCP, UDP and IP network protocols including Unicast and Multicast
- Universal IP decoding for common codec formats (H.264, MPEG-4, MJPEG, etc.)
- Two 10/100/1000Mbit Base-T Ethernet ports for separate networks or redundancy
- Manipulate, Scale, and Position individual IP streams on a video wall through tight integration with Matrox display wall controller boards
The Matrox SMD-2 is currently available for use with Matrox PPX Series display wall controller boards. Development kits for SMD-2 with Matrox Mura MPX Series will be available late summer 2011, with general availability in fall 2011.
Latest News Posts
- Uber is now valued at $50 billion, receives funding from Microsoft
- Connected car cybersecurity risks won't go away any time soon
- Sharp pulls out of the TV business in the US after financial problems
- Chinese Galaxy S6 owners can remove Samsung's bloatware
- Modders tease prototype Iron Man mod for Grand Theft Auto V
- New build No Network - Realtek PCIe GBE controller not coming online
- I'm baaaaack
- B85-DGS Bios update
- Ant-Man (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- Asrock Z77 Extreme4 second pci-express problem
- Corsair Memory, PSUs, and CPU Coolers Pave the Way for Next Gen PC Processors
- Windows 10 Free Upgrade on GIGABYTE Laptops!
- Gamescom 2015 - Vertagear Racing Series at Caseking's Booth
- NVIDIA Recalls Select Shield Tablets over Fire Hazard
- Thermaltake Unveils the Core V51 Riing Edition Window Green PC Chassis