Combination Doubles NVIDIA's Revenue Opportunity in Mobile Devices
SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 06/13/2011 -- NVIDIA announced today that it has completed its $367 million cash acquisition of Icera, a leading innovator of top-performing wireless modems for 3G and 4G cellular phones and tablets. Icera is now a wholly owned subsidiary of NVIDIA operating under the Icera trade name.
With the addition of Icera, NVIDIA now offers the two main processors used in smartphones -- the applications processor, in the form of the NVIDIA®Tegra® super chip, and the baseband processor, based on Icera technology. The combined offerings will help OEM customers improve their time to market and deliver the requirements of next-generation mobile computing, while approximately doubling NVIDIA's revenue opportunity within each mobile device.
For more background on the acquisition, see this recent blog entry from Phil Carmack, senior vice president of NVIDIA's mobile business unit.
NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) awakened the world to the power of computer graphics when it invented the GPU in 1999. Since then, it has consistently set new standards in visual computing with breathtaking, interactive graphics available on devices ranging from mobile phones and tablets to notebooks and workstations. NVIDIA's expertise in programmable GPUs has led to breakthroughs in parallel processing which make supercomputing inexpensive and widely accessible. The Company holds more than 1,900 issued patents worldwide, including ones covering designs and insights that are essential to modern computing. For more information, see http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- 'Rogue One' captures plans for $1B worldwide box office
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni