Grants and computing gear awarded to fuel innovative spirit among entrepreneurs, foodies and photographers
BELLEVUE, Wash. (AFDS) -6/14/2011
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the winners of the first-ever AMD VISIONary of the Year Awards during the AMD Fusion Developer Summit (AFDS) this week. The VISIONary Award winners, selected from a wide range of candidates in an online, public vote, demonstrate exemplary use of technology to innovate in three popular areas of human passion - entrepreneurship, food and photography.
The theme of the awards, "VISION Makes You More You," is focused on the idea that people become more of who they are through technology. AMD scoured the U.S. to find nine true "VISIONaries" based on their unique offerings and drive for innovation. In an online vote held from February 15 to April 30, the public voted for their favorite VISIONary.
2011 AMD VISIONary of the Year Award Winners and Finalists
Entrepreneur VISIONary Award winner: Father Greg Boyle
-Entrepreneur VISIONary finalists: Jennifer Howell and Phil Tepfer and Charles Bogoian
Foodie VISIONary Award winner: Corky Luster
-Foodie VISIONary Award finalists: Steve Frailey and Gail Ambrosius
Photographer VISIONary Award winner: Todd Baxter
-Photographer VISIONary finalists: Lee Cullivan and Burk Jackson
"The goal of the AMD VISIONary of the Year Awards is to help everyday people live out their passions and turn their vision into reality. By providing the right tools and technology to help them succeed, AMD hopes to continue to feed their innovative spirit," said Tony Fernandez-Stoll, vice president, Marketing, Americas Region, AMD. "We congratulate the winners and finalists, and look forward to uncovering more VISIONaries who are making a difference and inspiring us all."
The winning VISIONary (one from each category) receives a VISION grant of $20,000. All nine VISIONaries also receive $2,500 worth of AMD-based computer equipment and a trip to the AMD awards ceremony.
For details on the AMD Fusion Developer Summit, go to http://developer.amd.com/afds/
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- SpaceX successfully lands second Falcon 9 in 48 hours
- Nintendo expected to double current fiscal year profits
- ARMS sells over 100,000 copies in Japan in first week
- Titanfall 2 may hit 6K on Xbox One X with 100% GPU usage
- Take-Two relents on singleplayer GTA mods
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller