AMD's custom HD graphics processor enables immersive HD multimedia gaming entertainment for Nintendo's new Wii U console
LOS ANGELES -6/7/2011
Today at E3, AMD (NYSE: AMD) announced its support for Nintendo's newly-announced Wii U system, as a new way to enjoy HD console gaming entertainment. The custom AMD Radeon HD GPU reflects the best characteristics of AMD's graphics technology solutions: high-definition graphics support; rich multimedia acceleration and playback; and multiple display support. As an industry leader, AMD has supplied the game console market with graphics expertise and ongoing support for more than 10 years.
"We greatly value our synergistic relationship with the AMD design team. The AMD custom graphics processor delivers the best of AMD's world-class graphics expertise. AMD will support our vision of innovating play through unique entertainment experiences," said Genyo Takeda, senior managing director, Integrated Research & Development of Nintendo Co. Ltd.
"AMD shares Nintendo's excitement for the new HD entertainment experience planned for the Wii U console," said David Wang, corporate vice president of Silicon Engineering, AMD. "We're proud to provide our leading-edge HD multimedia graphics engine to power the new entertainment features of the console. Nintendo is a highly-valued customer and we look forward to the launch in 2012."
AMD custom graphics enable the new Nintendo system to provide exciting, immersive game play and interaction for consumers around the world. The AMD custom graphics processor features a modern and rich graphics processing core, allowing the new console to shine with new graphics capabilities.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo speaks out against VR and AR efforts from Microsoft, Sony
- Over 83,500 sign petition for Reddit CEO to step down
- Pricing on the ASUS Radeon R9 Fury STRIX leaked
- Robot accidentally kills worker in Volkswagen auto factory
- Meet the Nintendo PlayStation prototype
- Define S 47 [Buildlog 03.07.2015]
- Power loss - Event 41 Kernel Power
- ASRock Beebox (N3000) Fanless Small Form Factor PC Review
- AMD Radeon R9 Fury X Video Cards in CrossFire
- Akitio Thunder2 Quad Mini External Storage Enclosure Review
- Sharkoon Gamer Mouse with Bungee Hub - MSRP 47.99 Euros
- SMITE on Xbox One will have Australian Servers with Open Beta launch next Week
- Marble Monster is intensively addicting and action packed!
- ROCCAT Announces Taito Control Gaming Mousepad
- Lite-On Introduces Low Latency M.2 PCIe SSDs for Cloud Vendors