AMD's custom HD graphics processor enables immersive HD multimedia gaming entertainment for Nintendo's new Wii U console
LOS ANGELES -6/7/2011
Today at E3, AMD (NYSE: AMD) announced its support for Nintendo's newly-announced Wii U system, as a new way to enjoy HD console gaming entertainment. The custom AMD Radeon HD GPU reflects the best characteristics of AMD's graphics technology solutions: high-definition graphics support; rich multimedia acceleration and playback; and multiple display support. As an industry leader, AMD has supplied the game console market with graphics expertise and ongoing support for more than 10 years.
"We greatly value our synergistic relationship with the AMD design team. The AMD custom graphics processor delivers the best of AMD's world-class graphics expertise. AMD will support our vision of innovating play through unique entertainment experiences," said Genyo Takeda, senior managing director, Integrated Research & Development of Nintendo Co. Ltd.
"AMD shares Nintendo's excitement for the new HD entertainment experience planned for the Wii U console," said David Wang, corporate vice president of Silicon Engineering, AMD. "We're proud to provide our leading-edge HD multimedia graphics engine to power the new entertainment features of the console. Nintendo is a highly-valued customer and we look forward to the launch in 2012."
AMD custom graphics enable the new Nintendo system to provide exciting, immersive game play and interaction for consumers around the world. The AMD custom graphics processor features a modern and rich graphics processing core, allowing the new console to shine with new graphics capabilities.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Swedish CS:GO pro Fifflaren is keeping busy - joins American team
- ESL announce $100,000 EVOLVE Xbox One competition
- UberX gets unbanned from Portland, now with a new $1 Safe Rides Fee
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III should be due on November 6, 2015
- The latest screenshots of The Witcher 3 tease impressive visuals
- XMP Memory
- Syllable G700 Noise Reduction Hi-Fi Bluetooth Headphones Review
- G1.Sniper M3 - No "Windows Boot Manager".
- X99 UD5 motherboard SLI disabled everytime after updating bios to F9
- OAXIS Bento Close-Contact Induction Wireless Speaker Review
- Seven World Top Casemodders Go Head to Head at the "2015 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational"
- GIGABYTE Hosts X99 CHAMPION CHALLENGE on HWBOT.org. Tweak your GIGABYTE X99 Systems for Big Cash Prizes
- Acer Reveals New Back-To-School Product Range at the Inaugural "next@acer" Event in New York
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!