AMD's custom HD graphics processor enables immersive HD multimedia gaming entertainment for Nintendo's new Wii U console
LOS ANGELES -6/7/2011
Today at E3, AMD (NYSE: AMD) announced its support for Nintendo's newly-announced Wii U system, as a new way to enjoy HD console gaming entertainment. The custom AMD Radeon HD GPU reflects the best characteristics of AMD's graphics technology solutions: high-definition graphics support; rich multimedia acceleration and playback; and multiple display support. As an industry leader, AMD has supplied the game console market with graphics expertise and ongoing support for more than 10 years.
"We greatly value our synergistic relationship with the AMD design team. The AMD custom graphics processor delivers the best of AMD's world-class graphics expertise. AMD will support our vision of innovating play through unique entertainment experiences," said Genyo Takeda, senior managing director, Integrated Research & Development of Nintendo Co. Ltd.
"AMD shares Nintendo's excitement for the new HD entertainment experience planned for the Wii U console," said David Wang, corporate vice president of Silicon Engineering, AMD. "We're proud to provide our leading-edge HD multimedia graphics engine to power the new entertainment features of the console. Nintendo is a highly-valued customer and we look forward to the launch in 2012."
AMD custom graphics enable the new Nintendo system to provide exciting, immersive game play and interaction for consumers around the world. The AMD custom graphics processor features a modern and rich graphics processing core, allowing the new console to shine with new graphics capabilities.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- DOTA 2 'The International' has a huge $18 million prize pool
- YouTube's web-based video player receives a slick new look
- EA teases Mirror's Edge Catalyst trailer ahead of Gamescom
- Basemark Web 3.0 announced, wants to benchmark all the browsers
- FDA approves the first drug to be 3D printed, arrives in 2016
- Windows 10 utilities for h97? (F Stream)
- unwisely spent on pursuits Muscle Building
- windows 10 help
- Nem ASUS sabertooth 990fx R2.0+ 4.7 pro freeze
- MSI X99A GODLIKE GAMING (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Noctua Provides Free Mounting Upgrade for Upcoming Intel "Skylake" Platform
- Crucial to Showcase New Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 White Modules at Gamescom
- HighPoint Unveils USB 3.1 Product Line
- Toshiba Unveils 256 Gigabit 48-layer 3D TLC NAND Chip
- Unigen Announces DDR4 Modules