OCZ Technology Introduces Intel Extreme Triple Channel Memory Series Qualified by Intel for the Core i7 Processor and X58 Chipset
Sunnyvale, Calif.-November 21, 2008-OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today announced the first of its Intel® Extreme triple channel memory series, qualified specifically for the Intel® Core i7 processor / Intel® X58 Express Chipset. Optimized for the Core i7's triple channel mode and featuring Intel XMP profiles designed specifically to enhance the performance of the X58 Chipset, these new 3GB and 6GB kits ensure optimal performance via an ideal combination of low voltage requirements, speed, and instantaneous "out of the box" overclocking with the specialized profiles.
"Intel's Core i7 architecture is superior in every possible way," commented Dr. Michael Schuette, VP of Technology Development at OCZ Technology, "and the world's best CPU deserves the world's best memory as a complement. OCZ's new Triple-Channel XMP kits are a perfect match for the Nehalem platform to unleash performance we could only dream of just a short time ago."
This latest memory solution implements a high-performance specification optimized and predefined for the Intel X58 chipset. The new 3GB and 6GB kits are rated at DDR3-1333 and feature the all-new Intel branded black XTC heatspreader. With a long history of providing the most innovative products to the enthusiast community, OCZ is excited to take advantage of Intel's latest development of latest platforms with this new memory series.
These new modules feature Intel Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP), a proprietary extension of SPD (Serial Presence Detect) settings that act as an integrated "plug and play" overclocking feature. The new Extreme Memory Profile options on the new OCZ DDR3 modules allow the end user to select extreme or ultimate performance through a framework of predefined and validated optimizations of individual settings without the hassle of manually adjusting each parameter. Each kit is configured to run aggressive latencies and features a second enthusiast profile to enable the modules to run at an even more aggressive balance of speed and timings.
Developed for enthusiasts and early-adopters, the low voltage OCZ Triple Channel solutions are the choice counterparts for leading-edge performance that won't inhibit the functionality of Core i7 CPUs. In addition, modules are tested in matched triplets ensuring superior compatibility. Each OCZ XMP memory module is backed by the industry-leading OCZ Lifetime Warranty and technical support for unparalleled peace of mind.
For more information on the OCZ Intel Extreme Triple Channel Memory Series, please visit our product page here.
About OCZ Technology
OCZ Technology Group, a member of JEDEC, designs, develops and manufactures ground-breaking, high performance memory and computer components that set industry standards. OCZ products are the first choice for users needing high-reliability, ultra-high performance solutions. In 2007, PC Power & Cooling and Hypersonic PC were brought into the OCZ Technology Group, forming a well-rounded, highly innovative organization that places the company at the forefront of high-end computing. All of OCZ Technology Group's products are available through its worldwide network of distributors, online resellers and retail stores. For more information visit our website at http://www.ocztechnology.com
Latest News Posts
- The first official pictures of Radeon RX Vega leaked
- AMD Vega 20 with 32GB of HBM2 teased with Vega 10/11/12
- Coolest thing you'll see today: 360° video from a rocket
- Intel hits record $14.8 billion second quarter earnings
- Battlegrounds on Xbox One X: 30-40FPS with 100 in server
- Fnatic Gear RUSH G1 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers