Rambus Inc., one of the world's premier technology licensing companies, announced today it has signed a patent license agreement with Freescale Semiconductor. This agreement covers the use of Rambus patented innovations for memory controllers and serial links in a broad range of logic integrated circuit (IC) products offered by Freescale. In addition, the two companies have settled all claims between them including resolution of past use of Rambus' patented innovations. The term of the patent license agreement is five years. Other terms of the agreement are confidential.
"Freescale is the global leader in embedded processing solutions, and this agreement demonstrates the strength of our patented innovations for both memory controllers as well as serial links," said Sharon Holt, senior vice president and general manager of the Semiconductor Business Group at Rambus. "With our commitment to innovation, we will continue to develop breakthrough technology which helps our licensees make great electronic products that deliver the richest consumer experience."
Latest News Posts
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4