New Universal Mounting Solution Adds Intel Socket 2011 Support While Increasing Ease of Use
Asetek, the world's leading supplier of liquid cooling technology for computers, today announced support for Intel's next-generation high performance desktop platform processor, codenamed Sandy Bridge E, across Asetek's line of all-in-one liquid CPU coolers and combination CPU+GPU coolers. Sandy Bridge E is unlocked for performance tuning and utilizes Intel's new socket 2011. Support for the Intel Sandy Bridge E is enabled by a new universal mounting system that is compatible with all of Asetek's all-in-one CPU liquid coolers. In addition to supporting the new Intel socket 2011, the redesigned mounting mechanism supports all popular Intel processors that utilize LGA 1155, 1156 and 1366 sockets.
"Liquid Cooling Sandy Bridge E required a significant redesign of our mounting solution and our engineering team took advantage of this redesign to make this our easiest to install mounting system to date," said Steve Branton, Asetek's Director of Marketing. "The ring itself is stouter in appearance, the screws are easy to start thanks to the addition of thumb knobs, and the screw heads are recessed in the thumb knobs to prevent screw drivers from slipping off the screw and damaging motherboards."
Samples of Asetek's Sandy Bridge E mounting solution will be available for qualification by OEM and systems integration customers beginning June 10th, 2011. Partner Products for do-it-yourself and enthusiast customers are expected to begin reaching store shelves in August. Owners of Asetek manufactured all-in-one liquid cooling systems that upgrade their PCs to Sandy Bridge E processors will be able to purchase Socket 2011 mounting kits from Asetek's partner brands or complete mounting solution kits from Asetek. The complete mounting kits support popular desktop processor sockets for both Intel and AMD processors.
Asetek is the world leading provider of water cooling solutions for thermal and acoustic management to OEMs servicing the gaming, workstation and performance PC markets. The company's sealed liquid cooling systems deliver superior thermal and acoustic performance in a factory sealed unit that sets new standards for reliability and suitability for large volume production. Leading OEMs use Asetek's liquid cooling products in systems where customers demand exceptional performance, quiet computing and maximum reliability.
Asetek's VapoChill and WaterChill brand products were often the favorite choice of enthusiast grade system builders and won hundreds of international press awards. Today, Asetek cooling technologies are available to DIY and gaming enthusiasts through several well respected enthusiast brands. Please see the Partner Products pages on our web site for details.
Latest News Posts
- Polaris is exciting, but will this be the GPU we're looking for?
- China is the first to have an autonomous police robot, with a taser
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched