Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the Carbide Series mid-tower cases. The Carbide Series 400R and 500R have been designed for PC gamers with the same builder-friendly philosophy as the award-winning Obsidian Series and Graphite Series of PC cases, but at aggressive price points. New system builds and upgrades are fast and simple, thanks to the easy side panel access and tool-free drive installation and removal. Corsair's innovative cable-management system allows for clean-looking builds and improved airflow.
Both the 400R and 500R have room for 240mm dual radiators for compatibility with the new Hydro Series H100 Liquid CPU Cooler and modular liquid cooling systems. An abundance of additional cooling options provides for safe, reliable operation of high-performance components. The Carbide Series 400R includes three fans, with a total of four 120mm fan mounts and six 120mm/140mm mounts for serious cooling potential. The Carbide Series 500R has even more cooling flexibility, including removable/relocateable hard drive cages, a multi-channel fan controller, and a 200mm fan mounted on the side panel mesh screen for extra GPU cooling power.
Flexible and Future-Proof
Both models provide eight PCI-Express slots, making them ideal for multi-GPU setups. The Carbide Series 400R can accommodate full-length GPUs of up to 316mm in length, and the 500R can accept extra-long GPUs of up to 452mm in length by removing one of the two hard drive cages. Both also offer native SSD (2.5" drive) support, and the front panels have two USB 3 connectors (with internal connection) support as well as Firewire, headphone, and microphone connectors.
For a complete list of specifications, please see the Corsair web site.
"Corsair has shown what it takes to create in-demand, highly rated PC cases: make them sturdy, easy to build with, and great-looking." said Ruben Mookerjee, VP and General Manager for Components at Corsair. "With the Carbide Series, we're applying our expertise to the high-volume, aggressively-priced PC gaming segment. Our renowned builder-friendly ergonomics ergonomics and reliability are now within reach of gamers whose passion for building high-performance rigs is unlimited, even though their budget might not be."
The Corsair Carbide Series 400R and 500R will be available from corsair.com and authorized etailers worldwide in July. The 400R will be available for a US suggested retail price of $99 USD, and the 500R will be available for a US suggested retail price of $129 USD.
Latest News Posts
- LG announces 'Ray' smartphone for 3G markets
- Power two systems with one power supply thanks to Phanteks' splitter
- QPAD uses DreamHack to launch its first new mouse shape in seven years
- Noctua says its 24V industrial fans are the best an enthusiast can get
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS