Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the Carbide Series mid-tower cases. The Carbide Series 400R and 500R have been designed for PC gamers with the same builder-friendly philosophy as the award-winning Obsidian Series and Graphite Series of PC cases, but at aggressive price points. New system builds and upgrades are fast and simple, thanks to the easy side panel access and tool-free drive installation and removal. Corsair's innovative cable-management system allows for clean-looking builds and improved airflow.
Both the 400R and 500R have room for 240mm dual radiators for compatibility with the new Hydro Series H100 Liquid CPU Cooler and modular liquid cooling systems. An abundance of additional cooling options provides for safe, reliable operation of high-performance components. The Carbide Series 400R includes three fans, with a total of four 120mm fan mounts and six 120mm/140mm mounts for serious cooling potential. The Carbide Series 500R has even more cooling flexibility, including removable/relocateable hard drive cages, a multi-channel fan controller, and a 200mm fan mounted on the side panel mesh screen for extra GPU cooling power.
Flexible and Future-Proof
Both models provide eight PCI-Express slots, making them ideal for multi-GPU setups. The Carbide Series 400R can accommodate full-length GPUs of up to 316mm in length, and the 500R can accept extra-long GPUs of up to 452mm in length by removing one of the two hard drive cages. Both also offer native SSD (2.5" drive) support, and the front panels have two USB 3 connectors (with internal connection) support as well as Firewire, headphone, and microphone connectors.
For a complete list of specifications, please see the Corsair web site.
"Corsair has shown what it takes to create in-demand, highly rated PC cases: make them sturdy, easy to build with, and great-looking." said Ruben Mookerjee, VP and General Manager for Components at Corsair. "With the Carbide Series, we're applying our expertise to the high-volume, aggressively-priced PC gaming segment. Our renowned builder-friendly ergonomics ergonomics and reliability are now within reach of gamers whose passion for building high-performance rigs is unlimited, even though their budget might not be."
The Corsair Carbide Series 400R and 500R will be available from corsair.com and authorized etailers worldwide in July. The 400R will be available for a US suggested retail price of $99 USD, and the 500R will be available for a US suggested retail price of $129 USD.
Latest News Posts
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications