MasterImage 3D¡¯s Cell-Matrix Parallax Barrier display provides developers a powerful environment to create their next-generation Autostereoscopic 3D content.
Taipei, May 30, 2011, /PRNewswire-Asia/ ¡ª MasterImage 3D today announced the availability of its new CELL reference tablet, giving developers and designers access to MasterImage 3D¡¯s patented Cell-Matrix Parallax Barrier technology. The CELL tablet is based on PandaBoard ¡ª the OMAP4430 applications processor-based mobile software development platform. MasterImage 3D leverages the OMAP(TM) 4 platform technology from Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) to add cutting-edge features to its popular Autostereoscopic ¡°glasses free¡± 3D display. A demonstration of the new CELL reference tablet will be hosted by MasterImage 3D at their booth at Computex Taipei 2011, Hall 3 booths G766/G768
¡°The depth and breadth of TI¡¯s expertise will enable MasterImage 3D to deliver the industry¡¯s most innovative AS3D solutions,¡± said Roy Taylor Executive Vice President and General Manager of MasterImage 3D Display. ¡°By integrating the OMAP 4 platform-based PandaBoard into our next-generation systems, we can provide high performance development platforms for the most demanding developers.¡±
Consumer electronics leaders are aggressively including AS3D in new devices to enhance user-experience, allowing them to view user-generated images and video, 3D movies, games, apps and eye-popping user-interface design. MasterImage 3D is the fastest growing stereo 3D company in the world with a successful 3D cinema business including over 3,000 3D digital cinema system installations in over 60 countries. Its display business is about to power dozens of new smartphone, tablet, car and aircraft display design wins.
The MasterImage 3D mobile display is based its patented cell-matrix parallax barrier, which uses a ¡°cell gap¡± approach to let users switch easily between landscape and portrait modes and between 3D and 2D functions. As more polarized light passes through, images are brighter and ¡°ghosting¡± is reduced so it allows for the sharpest quality across all content categories (video, games, apps, user-interface, photos). The MasterImage 3D technology works with any kind of display, from TFT to OLED, PDP and more, and the company¡¯s patented manufacturing process for its 3D displays delivers an extremely high production yield while keeping costs low.
¡°TI is pleased to work with MasterImage 3D, whose visionary commitment to the user-experience has inspired new uses for glasses-free stereo 3D technology,¡± said Fred Cohen, director, OMAP wireless ecosystem, TI. ¡°With the broadest portfolio of maximum performance SOC solutions, we can provide all the pieces and advanced features required for exciting new AS3D consumer products.¡±
MasterImage 3D¡¯s CELL reference tablet is currently available in 4.3¡å and 7.0¡å with 10.1¡å coming this summer. Contact the company directly on how to gain more information.
About MasterImage 3D, Inc.
MasterImage 3D, Inc is a 3D technology company that provides pioneering solutions for theaters, mobile devices and gaming. With digital 3D cinema systems installed over 60 countries, MasterImage 3D is a fast-growing digital 3D cinema system supplier, offering audiences the clearest, sharpest 3D experience while providing exhibitors with a compelling ownership-based pricing model. The company invented, patented and mass-produced the cell-matrix parallax barrier, the leading 3D technology for auto-stereoscopic mobile display. It enabled one of the world¡¯s first glasses-free 3D mobile phones and is in development for devices in 2011. Its 3D camera ASIC empowers users to create 3D content. Founded in 2004, the company is privately held and headquartered in Hollywood, with offices in the UK, Tokyo and Seoul. http://masterimage3D.com
Latest News Posts
- The Witcher 3 receives a new 15GB patch, with a 13-page changelog
- Uber hack in early 2014 allegedly traced back to the CTO of Lyft
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent