Corsair Memory powers "World's Fastest PC"
9GB of 1866MHz Corsair Dominator triple-channel DDR3 helps YOYOTech's Fi7EPOWER MLK1610 to smash SPEC CPU2006 world record
Fremont, CA, November 19th, 2008 - Corsair®, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer and flash memory products, today announced that Corsair's Core i7-optimized, triple-channel DDR3 memory was selected for YOYOTech's SPEC CPU2006 world-record breaking PC.
The YOYOTech Fi7EPOWER MLK1610 claimed the performance crown from the previous record holder, an exotic 8-core Sun Microsystems UltraSPARC processor based system, outperforming it by 50%. The Fi7EPOWER MLK1610 uses the latest Intel® Core i7-965 Extreme Edition processor, which features an integrated, triple-channel DDR3 memory controller delivering incredible memory performance when partnered with triple-channel DDR3 memory.
SPEC CPU2006 measures CPU and memory architecture performance, which made the choice of which memory to install a critical factor. To partner the Core i7 CPU, YOYOTech chose 9GB of high-performance Corsair memory, consisting of a 3GB kit of 1866MHz Corsair Dominator TR3X3G1866C9DF and a 6GB kit of 1866MHz Corsair Dominator TR3X6G1866C9DF in an innovative 3GB-per-channel configuration.
"Beating the world's fastest machines required memory modules with a special set of capabilities. YOYOTech selected Corsair as the memory partner for this record-breaking PC because of its legendary reputation for performance and reliability." said Charanjit Kohli, Managing Director of YOYOTech, UK Independent PC Retailer of the Year 2008.
In order to complete SPEC's rigorous test suite, memory stability is equally as important as performance, and this was another decisive factor in YOYOTech's choice of Corsair® memory. "To pass SPEC's gruelling 3-day test, YOYOTech's engineers needed DDR3 memory that wouldn't buckle under the pressure. That's why we chose Corsair Dominator."added Kohli.
"Corsair is itself accustomed to smashing world records." said Paul Watkins, Corsair Sr. Director of Marketing, Europe. "We're delighted and honoured that YOYOTech has recognised the performance and reliability of Corsair memory by selecting Corsair for its world-record breaking PC."
Corsair's DDR3-1333MHz triple-channel memory kits are available now in both 3 x 1GB and 3 x 2GB densities, with DominatorTM DDR3-1600MHz and DDR3-1866MHz kits to follow just before the official launch of the Intel® CoreTM i7 processor later this month.
With today's modern programs utilizing more memory than ever before, Corsair® recommends 6GB or more for optimum performance on the Intel® CoreTM i7 platform.
Founded in 1994, Corsair Memory Inc. is a worldwide leader in high-performance components for personal computers. Specializing in very high performance memory and ultra-efficient power supplies, our flagship products, including DominatorTM memory modules, are the choice of overclockers, enthusiasts and gamers everywhere. Our expertise in design and manufacturing is also evident in our complete line of ruggedized Flash VoyagerTM and Flash SurvivorTM USB storage devices. Corsair Memory offers 24/7 customer support via forums and the Tech Support Express helpdesk.
For more information, please visit http://www.corsair.com
Latest News Posts
- G.Skill to host OC World Record Stage and OC World Cup at Computex
- Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' teaser dethrones 'Force Awakens' views
- Rocket League adds cross-play between Xbox One, PC
- AT&T begins enforcing broadband caps, offers $30 waiver option
- Revolutionize your drive with the Automatic Connected Car Adapter
- Does this look like a good and compatible setup/buy?
- Error on GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, config HDD RAID w/M.2 boot drive
- OCZ RevoDrive 400 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- fatal1ty z170 gaming-itx/ac no display after resume
- H61M-DS2 Memory Problem
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition
- G.SKILL hosts OC World Record Stage and OC World Cup at Computex 2016, sponsored by Intel, Samsung, and NVIDIA
- Logitech announces Ultimate Ears Roll 2 speakers
- EK Waterblocks GeForce GTX 1080 block now available
- Crucial announces Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 SODIMMs