Corsair Memory powers "World's Fastest PC"
9GB of 1866MHz Corsair Dominator triple-channel DDR3 helps YOYOTech's Fi7EPOWER MLK1610 to smash SPEC CPU2006 world record
Fremont, CA, November 19th, 2008 - Corsair®, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer and flash memory products, today announced that Corsair's Core i7-optimized, triple-channel DDR3 memory was selected for YOYOTech's SPEC CPU2006 world-record breaking PC.
The YOYOTech Fi7EPOWER MLK1610 claimed the performance crown from the previous record holder, an exotic 8-core Sun Microsystems UltraSPARC processor based system, outperforming it by 50%. The Fi7EPOWER MLK1610 uses the latest Intel® Core i7-965 Extreme Edition processor, which features an integrated, triple-channel DDR3 memory controller delivering incredible memory performance when partnered with triple-channel DDR3 memory.
SPEC CPU2006 measures CPU and memory architecture performance, which made the choice of which memory to install a critical factor. To partner the Core i7 CPU, YOYOTech chose 9GB of high-performance Corsair memory, consisting of a 3GB kit of 1866MHz Corsair Dominator TR3X3G1866C9DF and a 6GB kit of 1866MHz Corsair Dominator TR3X6G1866C9DF in an innovative 3GB-per-channel configuration.
"Beating the world's fastest machines required memory modules with a special set of capabilities. YOYOTech selected Corsair as the memory partner for this record-breaking PC because of its legendary reputation for performance and reliability." said Charanjit Kohli, Managing Director of YOYOTech, UK Independent PC Retailer of the Year 2008.
In order to complete SPEC's rigorous test suite, memory stability is equally as important as performance, and this was another decisive factor in YOYOTech's choice of Corsair® memory. "To pass SPEC's gruelling 3-day test, YOYOTech's engineers needed DDR3 memory that wouldn't buckle under the pressure. That's why we chose Corsair Dominator."added Kohli.
"Corsair is itself accustomed to smashing world records." said Paul Watkins, Corsair Sr. Director of Marketing, Europe. "We're delighted and honoured that YOYOTech has recognised the performance and reliability of Corsair memory by selecting Corsair for its world-record breaking PC."
Corsair's DDR3-1333MHz triple-channel memory kits are available now in both 3 x 1GB and 3 x 2GB densities, with DominatorTM DDR3-1600MHz and DDR3-1866MHz kits to follow just before the official launch of the Intel® CoreTM i7 processor later this month.
With today's modern programs utilizing more memory than ever before, Corsair® recommends 6GB or more for optimum performance on the Intel® CoreTM i7 platform.
Founded in 1994, Corsair Memory Inc. is a worldwide leader in high-performance components for personal computers. Specializing in very high performance memory and ultra-efficient power supplies, our flagship products, including DominatorTM memory modules, are the choice of overclockers, enthusiasts and gamers everywhere. Our expertise in design and manufacturing is also evident in our complete line of ruggedized Flash VoyagerTM and Flash SurvivorTM USB storage devices. Corsair Memory offers 24/7 customer support via forums and the Tech Support Express helpdesk.
For more information, please visit http://www.corsair.com
Latest News Posts
- The World of 'Warcraft' comes to Blu-ray, 4K in September
- Windows 10 will cost $119 after free upgrade expires
- Hacker uncovers Vine source code, Twitter pays him $10,080
- Nexus, Android One phones updated with spam caller protection
- Run Windows natively on Mac and Linux without the hassle
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio