The RamSan-70 "Gorilla" is a high-performance, half-length PCIe card with 900 GB of usable SLC Flash capacity. Delivering 330K IOPS and 2 GB/s of bandwidth, it offers higher performance and greater capacity than any other half-length SLC Flash PCIe card.
Texas Memory Systems, Inc. (TMS), maker of The World's Fastest Storage, introduces the new high-performance RamSan-70, a 900-GB half-length PCIe card featuring Toshiba's newest 32nm SLC Flash. The RamSan-70 carries on Texas Memory Systems' tradition of delivering a complete integrated RamSan storage solution on a single board.
The RamSan-70 is the first product powered by Texas Memory Systems' new Series-7 Flash Controller. Based on high-performance Xilinx FPGAs and a PowerPC processor, the Series-7 Flash Controller handles all Flash management functions without impacting the host CPU. It incorporates patented Texas Memory Systems reliability technology, yielding an expected lifespan of 6-10 years. Its proprietary enterprise-level reliability features include chip-level RAID and an advanced ECC algorithm, correcting more errors than required by the manufacturer.
The Series-7 Flash Controller is field-upgradable, ensuring that Texas Memory Systems customers will always have the best performance and latest features. The Series-7 Flash Controller, combined with Toshiba 32nm SLC Flash, provides the enterprise-level performance and reliability customers expect from The World's Best Flash Storage.
"IT managers are always looking for ways to increase I/O performance, reduce latency, and improve overall system efficiency," said Jeff Janukowicz, Research Manager for Solid State Storage Technology at IDC. "A PCIe Flash SSD, such as Texas Memory Systems' RamSan-70, can solve many of these issues for IT managers and delivers a cost-effective solution for most demanding enterprise applications."
Designed specifically for the OEM market, the RamSan-70 is the ideal in-server storage solution for data warehousing, enterprise resource planning (ERP), sophisticated data acquisition, scientific computing, and web content.
"The RamSan-70 establishes new capacity and performance standards for direct-attached storage customers," said Dan Scheel, President of Texas Memory Systems. "With this next generation of PCIe SSD innovation, we will continue engineering The World's Fastest Storage for the full spectrum of customers."
The RamSan-70 is scheduled for initial delivery in 4-8 weeks. For more information about the Gorilla, swing by http://RamSan.com/Gorilla.
Latest News Posts
- Johan Andersson, Frostbite engineer, teases AMD Radeon R9 390X
- Virtual reality being used to help train football players
- Lovense teams up with Virtual Real Porn for adult-themed VR content
- Free-to-play MMORPG Tera proves to be extremely popular on Steam
- View the heartfelt 'Batkid Begins' documentary trailer
- Just wanted to say Hello.
- Im glad I finally registered
- ASUS GeForce GTX 980 ROG Matrix Platinum Video Card Review
- be quiet! Pure Rock CPU Cooler Review
- I have an AsRock330, how upgradeable?
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications
- Anidees AI6 v2 Chassis Starts Selling