The RamSan-70 "Gorilla" is a high-performance, half-length PCIe card with 900 GB of usable SLC Flash capacity. Delivering 330K IOPS and 2 GB/s of bandwidth, it offers higher performance and greater capacity than any other half-length SLC Flash PCIe card.
Texas Memory Systems, Inc. (TMS), maker of The World's Fastest Storage, introduces the new high-performance RamSan-70, a 900-GB half-length PCIe card featuring Toshiba's newest 32nm SLC Flash. The RamSan-70 carries on Texas Memory Systems' tradition of delivering a complete integrated RamSan storage solution on a single board.
The RamSan-70 is the first product powered by Texas Memory Systems' new Series-7 Flash Controller. Based on high-performance Xilinx FPGAs and a PowerPC processor, the Series-7 Flash Controller handles all Flash management functions without impacting the host CPU. It incorporates patented Texas Memory Systems reliability technology, yielding an expected lifespan of 6-10 years. Its proprietary enterprise-level reliability features include chip-level RAID and an advanced ECC algorithm, correcting more errors than required by the manufacturer.
The Series-7 Flash Controller is field-upgradable, ensuring that Texas Memory Systems customers will always have the best performance and latest features. The Series-7 Flash Controller, combined with Toshiba 32nm SLC Flash, provides the enterprise-level performance and reliability customers expect from The World's Best Flash Storage.
"IT managers are always looking for ways to increase I/O performance, reduce latency, and improve overall system efficiency," said Jeff Janukowicz, Research Manager for Solid State Storage Technology at IDC. "A PCIe Flash SSD, such as Texas Memory Systems' RamSan-70, can solve many of these issues for IT managers and delivers a cost-effective solution for most demanding enterprise applications."
Designed specifically for the OEM market, the RamSan-70 is the ideal in-server storage solution for data warehousing, enterprise resource planning (ERP), sophisticated data acquisition, scientific computing, and web content.
"The RamSan-70 establishes new capacity and performance standards for direct-attached storage customers," said Dan Scheel, President of Texas Memory Systems. "With this next generation of PCIe SSD innovation, we will continue engineering The World's Fastest Storage for the full spectrum of customers."
The RamSan-70 is scheduled for initial delivery in 4-8 weeks. For more information about the Gorilla, swing by http://RamSan.com/Gorilla.
Latest News Posts
- Android co-founder teases his upcoming smartphone
- Elon Musk teases Model Y for 'S3XY' lineup
- Samsung confirms that the Note7 isn't quite dead yet
- Apple iPhone 6s was the best-selling smartphone of 2016
- Rogue One looks great, even in a fan-made VHS commercial
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse