Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of the Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 Generation 2 (DTU30G2). The DTU30G2, Kingston's fastest USB Flash drive, uses a native USB 3.0 controller for better performance and power management.
Kingston's DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 features the latest technology for USB 3.0 Flash drives, making it ideal for IT professionals and enthusiasts who want to take advantage of all the performance improvements offered by USB 3.0 technology right away. The new DTU30G2 has a read speed up to 100MB/s, and a write speed up to 70 MB/s. When plugged into a USB 2.0 port, the drive has read and write speeds of around 30MB/s. The DTU30G2 is available in 16-, 32- and 64GB capacities.
"Kingston is committed to help drive market adoption of the new USB 3.0 standard and make it more accessible to the mass market," said Andrew Ewing, Flash memory business manager, Kingston. "The growing number of platforms and computers supporting the USB 3.0 standard as well as the benefits of the single chip controllers that allow better compatibility and performance are helping drive the adoption of USB 3.0 technology."
The Kingston DTU30G2 USB Flash drive is the perfect solution for easily storing and quickly transferring large documents, hi-res photos and HD video. It is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0**. It is backed by a five-year warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit http://www.kingston.com.
Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 Features and Specifications:
Capacities: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
Requirements: system with USB 3.0 port
Backwards compatible: with USB 2.0
Speed: When plugged into a USB 3.0 system: up to 100 MB/s read and 70 MB/s write; when plugged into a USB 2.0 system: maximum specification performance (around 30MB/s read and write)
Dimensions: 2.90" x 0.87" x 0.63" (73.70mm x 22.20mm x 16.10mm)
Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
Practical: durable casing with a solid lanyard loop
Warranty: 5 Years
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft testing Gears of War 4 PC, console crossplay
- Final Fantasy XV ships five million units in first day
- SSD costs expected to rise by 6-10% in early 2017
- Playdead drops Inside game demo free via Steam site
- Small patch for No Man's Sky incoming
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair