Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of the Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 Generation 2 (DTU30G2). The DTU30G2, Kingston's fastest USB Flash drive, uses a native USB 3.0 controller for better performance and power management.
Kingston's DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 features the latest technology for USB 3.0 Flash drives, making it ideal for IT professionals and enthusiasts who want to take advantage of all the performance improvements offered by USB 3.0 technology right away. The new DTU30G2 has a read speed up to 100MB/s, and a write speed up to 70 MB/s. When plugged into a USB 2.0 port, the drive has read and write speeds of around 30MB/s. The DTU30G2 is available in 16-, 32- and 64GB capacities.
"Kingston is committed to help drive market adoption of the new USB 3.0 standard and make it more accessible to the mass market," said Andrew Ewing, Flash memory business manager, Kingston. "The growing number of platforms and computers supporting the USB 3.0 standard as well as the benefits of the single chip controllers that allow better compatibility and performance are helping drive the adoption of USB 3.0 technology."
The Kingston DTU30G2 USB Flash drive is the perfect solution for easily storing and quickly transferring large documents, hi-res photos and HD video. It is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0**. It is backed by a five-year warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit http://www.kingston.com.
Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 Features and Specifications:
Capacities: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
Requirements: system with USB 3.0 port
Backwards compatible: with USB 2.0
Speed: When plugged into a USB 3.0 system: up to 100 MB/s read and 70 MB/s write; when plugged into a USB 2.0 system: maximum specification performance (around 30MB/s read and write)
Dimensions: 2.90" x 0.87" x 0.63" (73.70mm x 22.20mm x 16.10mm)
Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
Practical: durable casing with a solid lanyard loop
Warranty: 5 Years
Latest News Posts
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- AMD Radeon RX 580 benchmarks leaked, is this Vega?
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications