Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of the Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 Generation 2 (DTU30G2). The DTU30G2, Kingston's fastest USB Flash drive, uses a native USB 3.0 controller for better performance and power management.
Kingston's DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 features the latest technology for USB 3.0 Flash drives, making it ideal for IT professionals and enthusiasts who want to take advantage of all the performance improvements offered by USB 3.0 technology right away. The new DTU30G2 has a read speed up to 100MB/s, and a write speed up to 70 MB/s. When plugged into a USB 2.0 port, the drive has read and write speeds of around 30MB/s. The DTU30G2 is available in 16-, 32- and 64GB capacities.
"Kingston is committed to help drive market adoption of the new USB 3.0 standard and make it more accessible to the mass market," said Andrew Ewing, Flash memory business manager, Kingston. "The growing number of platforms and computers supporting the USB 3.0 standard as well as the benefits of the single chip controllers that allow better compatibility and performance are helping drive the adoption of USB 3.0 technology."
The Kingston DTU30G2 USB Flash drive is the perfect solution for easily storing and quickly transferring large documents, hi-res photos and HD video. It is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0**. It is backed by a five-year warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit http://www.kingston.com.
Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 Features and Specifications:
Capacities: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
Requirements: system with USB 3.0 port
Backwards compatible: with USB 2.0
Speed: When plugged into a USB 3.0 system: up to 100 MB/s read and 70 MB/s write; when plugged into a USB 2.0 system: maximum specification performance (around 30MB/s read and write)
Dimensions: 2.90" x 0.87" x 0.63" (73.70mm x 22.20mm x 16.10mm)
Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
Practical: durable casing with a solid lanyard loop
Warranty: 5 Years
Latest News Posts
- Usernames, media won't count toward Twitter character limit soon
- Wooting one analog mechanical keyboard hits Kickstarter
- Next-gen 4K-ready Xbox coming in 2017, could sport external GPU
- Microsoft to unveil a Shield TV-like Xbox set-top box at E3
- New Xbox One hardware will play 4K video, not 4K games
- Corsair LAPDOG Gaming Control Center Review
- Fitbit Alta Fitness Wristband Review
- Does this look like a good and compatible setup/buy?
- Error on GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, config HDD RAID w/M.2 boot drive
- OCZ RevoDrive 400 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition