NVIDIA Demonstrates Powerful GPU Computing Solution From Lenovo At SC08
SC08-AUSTIN, TX-NOVEMBER 18, 2008-Today at SC08, NVIDIA demonstrated a Lenovo ThinkStation equipped with Tesla C1060 GPU Computing processing technology. The demonstration showed cluster-class performance of complex seismic imaging data being generated on a single workstation.
A strong supporter of Tesla GPU Computing solutions, Lenovo is already shipping the D10 ThinkStation equipped with Tesla C870 - this continued collaboration between the two companies to develop further GPU Computing-based solutions will enable researchers and scientists, who have traditionally had to compete for time on shared clusters, to carry out much of their research, right at their desktop.
"NVIDIA's GPU Computing technology is helping to transform high performance computing, and together we envision placing teraflops of parallel processing power at the fingertips of those researchers and professionals who need it most," said Tom Tobul, executive director of ThinkStation marketing, at Lenovo.
At the core of this solution is the Tesla C1060 GPU Computing Processor which is based on the NVIDIA® CUDA parallel computing architecture. CUDA enables developers and researchers to harness the massively parallel computational power of Tesla through industry standard C.
For more information on workstation-based NVIDIA Tesla GPU Computing solutions, visit: http://www.nvidia.com/personal_supercomputing.
NVIDIA is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® graphics products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® graphics products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla computing solutions products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft opens up cross-platform Office support for Android apps
- SpaceX will be able to launch US national security payloads into orbit
- Phanteks adds Titanium Green to its Enthoo Pro line of cases
- Microsoft opens up Cortana for Google Android, Apple iOS devices
- Not looking forward to standardized testing? DDoS the school instead
- Mobo Software Question (SB X-Fi 7)
- Hounds Online: The Last Hope Released
- Board damaged by power supply?
- DVD drive seen in Windows 8.1 but not in BIOS
- ID-Cooling SE 214X CPU Cooler Review
- CoolIT Systems Successfully Deploys Liquid-Cooled Solution to Poznan Supercomputing & Networking Center in Partnership with Huawei and Itprojekt
- Technology Business Research joins executive roundtable addressing the business impact of data analysis
- Silicon Power Is Holding the 2015 Annual Exhibition in June
- Transcend to Showcase Car Video Recorders, Body Camera and Industrial Solutions at COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2015
- AccelStor Debuting All-Flash Arrays with 1M+ IOPS at Computex 2015