Logitech's New and Emerging Technologies Scholarship will help to advance understanding of technology in education
Australia, Sydney - 17, May 2011 - Today Logitech announces its commitment to the NSW Premier's Teacher Scholarships. Logitech will award $10,000 scholarships to two NSW teachers for the study and investigation of new and emerging technologies and how they can be applied to foster innovative teaching practices.
The two Logitech New and Emerging Technologies Scholarships will fund travel to universities, schools and educational institutions for the study of exemplary practice in new and emerging technologies. The scholarships are open to all teachers in schools and TAFE NSW Institutes.
George Saad, Director at Logitech Australia says; "As technology becomes increasingly incorporated into the classroom it is important that teachers at all levels understand how to best integrate this new technology into the teaching and learning process. These scholarships are a step towards Logitech's goal of helping teachers make the use of technology more engaging, valuable and productive which will ultimately contribute to improved educational outcomes."
The Department of Education and Training Premier's Teacher Scholarships were established to enable NSW's best teachers to advance their knowledge in their specialist field. Teachers are selected through a rigorous process involving the submission of planned studies, itineraries and proposed future benefits.
At the conclusion of their investigation teachers will provide an extensive written report of their findings to add to the body of knowledge about new and emerging technologies.
Logitech's support of the NSW Premier's Teacher Scholarships is one example of its ongoing support for the use of technology in education. Logitech is also supporting the 2011 Rock the Schools tour, Australia's longest running free education and entertainment tour which began this month.
Logitech is a world leader in products that connect people to the digital experiences they care about. Spanning multiple computing, communication and entertainment platforms, Logitech's combined hardware and software enable or enhance digital navigation, music and video entertainment, gaming, social networking, audio and video communication over the Internet, video security and home-entertainment control. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
Latest News Posts
- Another stupid human crashes Google's self-driving party
- Xbox One S now gets free game of choice from Microsoft
- Apple's total cost to manufacture the iPhone 7 is $225
- Dota 2 the first to host a tournament on a cruise ship
- NVIDIA chip in the 'next revolutionary Apple product'
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now