-- SuicidePhoenix Proves He is the Fastest on Intel® K Sku CPUs --
City of Industry, California, USA, - May 16, 2011 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards and other computing hardware solutions today announced the winners of the "Initial K" overclocking competition hosted on HWBOT.org, with SuicidePhoenix the winner, and CoolBits and Mad22 coming in 2nd and 3rd respectively.
Since this is the year of the rabbit in Asian astrology which symbolizes "quick" and the Easter bunny made his appearance in the West in April, we thought it would be fun to have a challenge to see just how quick overclockers were with our P67 motherboards. As the title of the contest suggests, the GIGABYTE "Initial K Contest" focused on Intel's K sku CPUs.
Split into 6 stages including Max CPU Clock, SuperPI 1M, SuperPI 32M, Wprime 32M, Wprime 1024M and Pifast. Contestants who placed in the top eight for each stage received points and the top 3 point earners after all 6 stages were declared the winners.
To learn more about the GIGABYTE "Initial K" contest, please visit: http://hwbot.org/competition/gbt_initial_k
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services. Visit http://www.gigabyte.us for more information.
Latest News Posts
- Life is Strange getting a live-action episodic series
- Nintendo financials plunge, even with Pokemon GO's immense success
- Crucial expands its affordable MX300 SSD range with 3 new drives
- AMD Radeon Pro graphics card powers 16K display, or 15,360 x 8640
- Microsoft will use Windows 10 to sabotage Steam, says Epic Games boss
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio