-- SuicidePhoenix Proves He is the Fastest on Intel® K Sku CPUs --
City of Industry, California, USA, - May 16, 2011 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards and other computing hardware solutions today announced the winners of the "Initial K" overclocking competition hosted on HWBOT.org, with SuicidePhoenix the winner, and CoolBits and Mad22 coming in 2nd and 3rd respectively.
Since this is the year of the rabbit in Asian astrology which symbolizes "quick" and the Easter bunny made his appearance in the West in April, we thought it would be fun to have a challenge to see just how quick overclockers were with our P67 motherboards. As the title of the contest suggests, the GIGABYTE "Initial K Contest" focused on Intel's K sku CPUs.
Split into 6 stages including Max CPU Clock, SuperPI 1M, SuperPI 32M, Wprime 32M, Wprime 1024M and Pifast. Contestants who placed in the top eight for each stage received points and the top 3 point earners after all 6 stages were declared the winners.
To learn more about the GIGABYTE "Initial K" contest, please visit: http://hwbot.org/competition/gbt_initial_k
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services. Visit http://www.gigabyte.us for more information.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications