VIA Launches VIPRO Touch-Screen Panel PC
Affordable, intelligent and durable, the ultra thin VIA VIPRO VP7710 supports dual displays for today's sophisticated industrial and commercial applications
Taipei, Taiwan, November 18 2008 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced the VIA VIPRO VP7710 touch screen panel PC, a full featured, entirely fanless panel PC suitable for intelligent display applications in demanding environments. Rugged, stable and flexible, the VIA VIPRO is the first in a series of advanced display technologies from VIA.
Amid growing public acceptance of intuitive touch screen technologies, the VIA VIPRO addresses an increasing demand for cost effective, intelligent displays in commercial applications such as ticketing, ATM, vending and information kiosks as well as sophisticated fleet deployment infrastructures in transport, delivery and logistics enterprises.
The resilient VIA VIPRO is highly suited for human-machine interface (HMI) industrial applications such as factory automation and control, supporting the addition of a second independently configured screen for dual-display applications.
Using a combination of heavy steel and aluminum, a vibrant 10.4" TFT display is housed in a solid chassis that provides ample shock and vibration protection. The touch screen itself conforms to IP65 standards, making it resistant to both water and dust. Installation via wall, table, panel or VESA mounting options means the ultra thin VIA VIPRO can be installed easily in a variety of positions where its wider than normal viewing angle makes it visible to all.
"The VIA VIPRO is the first in a series of cost-effective, intelligent touch screen panel displays from VIA," said Daniel Wu, Vice President, VIA Embedded, VIA Technologies, Inc. "Intuitive information delivery is has quickly become a necessity for today's modern kiosk and vending machines. The VIA VIPRO addresses the need for a flexible and reliable solution."
The VIA VIPRO fanless panel PC is available now to system developers. More information about the system may be found at the VIA website at: http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/embedded/vp7710/index.jsp. An informative video can be viewed at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf1cOpQPjXM
VIA VIPRO VP7710 System Details
Powered by either a 1.6GHz VIA Eden or 1.0GHz C7 processor, the VIA VIPRO VP710 supports up to 1GB of DDR2 system memory and boasts integrated VIA UniChrome Pro II 2D/3D graphics and MPEG-2/4, WMV9 hardware accelerated decoding. It also supports an additional independently configured display through a VGA port for dual-display applications.
The VIA VIPRO has a 10.4" TFT display with a wide viewing angle and light transmission of 82.5%. Its IP65 touch panel is water and dust resistant while the chassis is shock resistant up to 50G and can handle vibrations of up to 5G.
Storage includes support for both IDE and S-ATA 2.5" hard drives and a compact flash socket. Connectivity includes Gigabit LAN support and an optional wireless module. The low panel I/O includes two USB 2.0 ports, three COM ports, with variable RC settings and PS/2 support. HD audio is accessible through standard audio jacks.
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc is the foremost fabless supplier of power efficient x86 processor platforms that are driving system innovation in the PC, client, ultra mobile and embedded markets. Combining energy-saving processors with digital media chipsets and advanced connectivity, multimedia and networking silicon enables a broad spectrum of computing and communication platforms, including its widely acclaimed ultra compact mainboards. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA's global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the world's top OEMs and system integrators. http://www.via.com.tw
Latest News Posts
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives