EUROCOM Panther provides workstation, gaming and server-calibre capabilities with 3.25 Terabytes of storage with four physical drives and RAID 0/1/5/10, super-powerful 3.46GHz Intel Core i7 Processor Extreme Edition I7-990X or 3.46GHz Xeon X5690 processors running at 6.4GT/sec bus speed with 12MB L3 cache. Gigabit Ethernet port on-board, HDMI, eSATA, DVi ports, with a 17.3" FullHD display and full size keyboard are supported.
Featuring workstation-class or server-class Intel Core i7 or Xeon Processor and up to 24GB of DDR3-1600 memory, the Panther also features a whopping
3.25TB with RAID 0/1/5/10 - making it the perfect mobile workstation or server laptop for users who demand extra-large capacity storage and reliability for a true portable server / workstation experience.
Driving the system is the newest six core 130W 3.46GHz Intel Xeon X5690 processor with bus speeds of up to 6.4GT/sec and 12MB of L3 cache, which delivers exceptional multi-tasking and multi-threaded performance. It also supports the newest line of Intel Core i7 processors.
Featuring Multi Vendor VGA support from NVIDIA Geforce and Quadro to AMD Radeon.
The Panther 3.0, which measures (16.76x11.44x2.26-2.43inch) and weights around 12lbs depending on configuration and also supplies SATA-300 storage (up to 3.25TB using four hard drives). Customers may also choose between RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 or RAID 10 for the ultimate transfer rates and application load times or redundancy.
1. The EUROCOM Panther 3.0 is a highly configurable, upgradable and extremely powerful workstation-class notebook computer that can be customized to provide functionality of:
a) Mobile Workstation with 3.46GHz 6-core Intel Xeon X5690 Processor, NVIDIA Quadro FX 5000M, 24 GB RAM and RAID 0/1/5/10 drives optimized for
heavy duty computing, Engineering, CAD, CAM, CAE........
b) Mobile Gaming Workstation with an Intel Core i7 i7-990X Extreme ; AMD HD6970M in CrossfireX and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 485M in SLI and super fast SATA-600 Solid State Drives
c) Server on-the Go (SotG) with a Intel 6-core Xeon X5690 Processor, 24 GB RAM, 4 physical drives drives (SSD, HDD, Hybrid) in RAID 0/1/5/10. On-site training, Application Development, Rapid Engineering Deployment, Standby Backup Servers and Emergency Response. A 12lbs notebook form factor computer with server capabilities and benefits of mobility. With Network Server class Intel Xeon X5690 processor; up to four storage drives in RAID 0/1/5/10; 24GB of RAM, TPM, Uninterrupted power supply, Expresscard34, 1 Gigabit LAN on board.
2. EUROCOM Panther 3.0 key technologies
a) Chipset and Processor Technology
- Intel X58 chipset
- Intel LGA1366 socket
- Supports Intel i7, i7 Extreme and Xeon Processors
b) VGA technology
- Upgradable based on MXM 3.0b
- Multi Vendor VGA support: NVIDIA and AMD
- SLI and CrossfireX support
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 485M, GTX 470M, GTX 460M
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800M, FX 3800M, FX 5000M
- AMD Radeon HD6970M
- RAID 0/1/5/10 support
- 4 physical drives; up to 3.25TB of storage
- Supports Solid State Drives (SLC and MLC); Hybrid Solid; Hard Drives
- Built in TPM
- Kensignton Lock slot
- Smart Card Reader (via Expresscard/34 slot)
-Expresscard / 34
- 1 Gigabit LAN on-board
- 2nd LAN adaptor (1Gigabit, Fiber or Quad port) available through ExpressCard/ 34 slot
- internal 802.11abgn WLAN and Bluetooth
3. Key Components
Panther 3.0 supports over 16 differerent processors of 3 different types (Desktop, Gaming and Xeon), 8 different VGA options in 2 different configurations (SLI and CrossfireX), 18 different drives in 4 different configurations (RAID 0, 1, 5, 10); 8 different Memory configurations in Triple Channel configuration.
Three different levels of Intel LGA1366 processors are supported:
- Desktop class
- High Performance Gaming
- Server and Workstation Class
Intel Core i7
1. 3.06 GHz Intel Core i7-950; 8MB L3 cache; 4.8GT/s; 130W
2. 3.46 GHz Intel i7-990X Extreme Edition; 6C/12T; 12MB L3; 6.4GT/s; QPI=1; 130W
3. 2.80 GHz; Intel Core i7-930; 4-Cores 8-Threads; 8MB cache; 4.8GT/s; 130W
4. 3.20 GHz; Intel Core i7-970; 6-cores 12-threads; 12MB cache; 4.8GT/s; 130W
5. 3.20 GHz; Intel Core i7-960; 4-cores 8-threads; 8MB cache; 4.8GT/s; 130W
6. 3.33 GHz Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition; 6-cores; 8MB L3; 6.4GT/s; 130W
7. 2.26 GHz Intel Xeon E5607 ; 8MB L3 cache; 4.80GT/s; 80W
8. 2.13 GHz Intel Xeon L5630; 4-Cores; 8-Threads; 12MB L3 cache; 5.86GT/s; 40W
9. 2.53 GHz Intel Xeon E5630; 12MB L3 cache; 5.86GT/s; 80W
10. 2.40 GHz Intel Xeon E5620; 12MB L3 cache; 5.86GT/s; 80W
11. 2.66 GHz Intel Xeon X5650; 6-cores; 12MB L3; 6.4GT/s; 95W
12. 2.80 GHz Intel Xeon X5660; 6-cores; 12MB L3; 6.4GT/s; 95W
13. 2.93 GHz Intel Xeon X5670;; 6-cores; 12MB L3; 6.4GT/s; 95W
14. 3.33 GHz Intel Xeon W5590; 4x 256KB L2; 8MB L3; 6.4GT/s; 130W
15. 3.33 GHz Intel Xeon X5680; 6-cores; 12MB L3 cache; 6.4GT/s; 130W
16. 3.33 GHz Intel Xeon W3680; 6-cores; 12MB L3; 6.4GT/s; 130W
17. 3.46 GHz Intel Xeon X5690; 6-cores; 12MB L3 cache; 6.4GT/s; 130W
Two 100W VGA cards are supported using MXM 3.0b interface. Professional level NVIDIA Quadro cards and enthusiast level NVIDIA Geforce and AMD Radeon graphics processors are supported.
1. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 485M; 2GB DDR5 Video; 384 CUDA cores; 256-bit; DX11; 100W
2. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480M; 2GB DDR5 Video; 352 CUDA cores; 256 bit; DX11; 100W
3. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470M; 1.5GB DDR5 Video; 288 CUDA cores; 192 bit; DX11; 65-75W
4. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M; 1.5GB DDR5 Video; 192 CUDA cores; 192 bit; DX11; 65W
5. Nvidia GeForce GTX 285M, 1GB GDDR3; DX10; 75W
6. NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800M; 1GB DDR3 Video; 128 CUDA cores; 256 bit; DX11; OpenGL 3.2; 100W
7. NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800M; 1GB DDR3 Video; 96 CUDA cores; 256 bit; DX11; OpenGL 3.2; 75W
8. AMD HD6970M; 2GB DDR5 Video; 960 stream processors; 256 bit; DX11; 75-100W
Eurocom supports up to four storage drives in the Panther 3.0 using a SATA 3GB/s interface in RAID 0/1/5/10.
1. 250GB; G-Force Free Fall Sensor; SATA-300 NCQ; 7,200rpm; 3Gb/s; 16MB cache; 2.5-inch; ST9250421ASG
2. 320GB; 7200rpm; SATA-300; 16MB cache; Seagate
3. 500GB; SATA-300 NCQ; 7,200rpm; 3Gb/s; 16MB cache; G-Force Free Fall Sensor;
4. 640GB; 5400rpm; SATA-300; 3Gb/s; 8MB cache; 2.5-inch; 9.5mm; WD Scorpio Blue
5. 750GB 5400rpm SATA-300; 16MB cache; 2.5-inch; 9.5mm
6. 120GB MLC SSD; Intel 510 series; SATA-600; Writes up 210MB/s; Reads up to 450MB/s
7. 1000GB (1TB); 5200rpm; SATA-300; 3Gb/s; 8MB cache; 2.5-inch; 12.5mm; WD Scorpio Blue
8. 750GB; 7200rpm; SATA 3Gb/s; 16MB cache; Seagate Momentus
9. 64GB SLC SSD; Intel X25-E Solid State Drive; SATA-300; up to 250 MB/s Read; 170MB/sec Write
10. 128GB MLC SSD; SATA-600; Solid State Drive; Crucial/Micron RealSSD C300
11. 128GB SLC SSD; Solid State Drive; Solidata X5-128; SATA-300; Read 230 MB/s; Write 200MB/s
12. 160GB MLC SSD; Intel X25-M Gen2 34nm; SATA-300; 2.5inch; 9.5mm;
13. 250GB MLC SSD; Intel 510 series; SATA-600; Writes up to 315MB/s; Reads up to 500MB/s
14. 256GB SSD MLC; SATA-600; with Marvell controller; Crucial/Micron RealSSD C300
15. 240GB MLC Solid State Drive; Solidata X8; SandForce-1200; SATA-300; Read 280 MB/s; Write 270MB/s
16. 480GB MLC SSD; OCZ VERTEX 2 SATA-300; with SandForce-1200;
17. 512GB MLC Solid State Drive; Toshiba; SATA-300; Read Max 220 MB/s; Write Max 180 MB/s
18. 512GB SSD MLC; Kingston SNVP325-S2/512GB; SATA-300; with Toshiba SSD Controller
To take advantage of the six core Intel desktop processors the Panther 3.0 supports 24GB of DDR3-1333 and 1600 RAM. Multiple memory configurations are supported.
1. 6GB; 3x 2GB; DDR3-1333; PC-10600; CL9; 204-pin - 3 SODIMMs
2. 6GB 3x 2GB; DDR3-1333; PC-10600; Kingston HyperX; 204-pin - 3 SODIMMs
3. 6GB; 3x 2GB; DDR3-1600; PC-12800; Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9S3K2 ; 204-pin - 3 SODIMMs
4. 8GB; 2x 4GB; DDR3-1333; PC-10600; CL9; 204pin - 2 SODIMMs
5. 12GB; 3x 4GB; DDR3-1333; PC-10600; CL-9; 204pin - 3 SODIMMs
6. 8GB; 1x 8GB; DDR3-1333; PC-10600; 204pin - 1 SODIMM
7. 16GB; 2x 8GB; DDR3-1333; PC-10600; 204pin - 2 SODIMMs
8. 24GB; 3x 8GB; DDR3-1333; PC-10600; 204pin - 3 SODIMMs
Eurocom tests the performance levels of high end technology and components to help our customers in their decision making process when acquiring new technology.
VGA: Geforce, AMD Radeon; 3D Mark 11, 3DMark 06, 3D Mark Vantage, Unigine Heaven 2.1;
VGA: Quadro; SPECviewperf 11;
Storage: AS SSD Benchmark in RAID 0/5 with 1-3 Drives
Some specific test results:
1. In 3DMark 11 the EUROCOM Panther with 2xAMD HD6970M reached a score of 5689, in 3D Mark 06 2xAMD HD6970M achieved a score of 22669.
2. During Quadro testing, the EUROCOM Panther achieved scores of 71.52 in SPECviewperf 11 Maya-03 with NVIDIA Quadro FX 5000M.
3. While testing performance levels of RAID using AS SSD Benchmark, Solidata's MLC SSD with Sandforce 1500 controller reached an overall scored of 792 in RAID 0 with three drives.
5. Education Program
Eurocom is committed to assisting students and future generations acquire highly capable computer equipment that can last a lifetime. To learn more about the Eurocom Higher Education Program please
visit the dedicated web page: http://ow.ly/4J0Wp
6. About Eurocom
Eurocom is a leading developer of mobile computer technology. Eurocom began with the goal of creating the most advanced computer systems and using advanced engineering techniques typically unseen in the
computer industry. The company has produced many firsts and continues to engineer well-balanced machines and VGA solutions that inspire and enable individuals to reach great possibilities.
For more information, please visit http://www.eurocom.com
Latest News Posts
- Titanfall 2 post-launch DLC will be 100% free
- Apple's new MacBook Pro powered by AMD Polaris GPU
- NASA publishes a stunning 4K video of the Space Station
- Google's total cost to manufacture the Pixel XL is $285
- Tesla reports a profit for the first time in three years
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications