Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH, the European subsidiary of Shuttle Inc., one of the leading developers and manufacturers of compact PC solutions such as the world-renowned XPC Mini-PC Barebones, today launches its 2011 model with Intel X58 Express chipset and support for all Intel Core i7 processors (LGA1366).
The Shuttle XPC Barebone SX58H7 Pro cuts an elegant figure with a black aluminium chassis, case and front panel. It also boasts two heatpipe cooling systems - ideal for ensuring optimal heat dissipation and high stability.
Owners of this powerpack have a choice to fit either two single-slot graphics cards or one dual-slot graphics card. Two PCIe-x16-2.0 slots offer an enormous bandwidth and a separate Mini-PCIe-x1 slot allows the installation e.g. of a WLAN module.
A further important innovation is the provision of external and internal ports to the latest standards. Shuttle's SX58H7 Pro has 2x USB 3.0 (up to 5 Gbit/s) and 2x SATA 6 Gbit/s. External storage media and internal drives (hard disks or SSDs) can now run at maximum speed. In addition, at the front and rear are 8x USB 2.0, 2x eSATA and 1x eSATA/USB 2.0 ports as well as eSATA power supply.
Two 1000 Mbit network cards on the mainboard of the SX58H7 Pro offer maximum reliability or maximum data transmission speed. The teaming function enables the activation of failover or load balancing.
With the 80-PLUS-certified 500 W power supply unit, a maximum configuration with 6-core processor, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, one or two modern graphics cards and three drives is possible at any time. A comparable configuration was presented live at CeBIT 2011 and silenced the skeptics.
"The technical possibilities offered here within a space measuring just 32.6 x 20.8 x 18.9 cm are simply astounding," states Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH. "Although we'd be hard pushed to win an energy-saving competition with the SX58H7 Pro, in the performance per cm³ category this PC is streets ahead of its rivals."
The XPC Barebone SX58H7 Pro is available now. Shuttle's recommended retail price is EUR 444.00 (ex VAT). For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Want another Mirror's Edge game? That's up to you, says EA
- AIDA64 developers spill the beans on NVIDIA's full Pascal line up
- Foxconn has replaced more than half its workers with robots
- Usernames, media won't count toward Twitter character limit soon
- Wooting one analog mechanical keyboard hits Kickstarter
- GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt not recognized
- LaCie 8big Thunderbolt 2 1U Rack Review
- PC won't boot - it trys, all fans run for approx 5 secs then shut down and start again!
- Corsair LAPDOG Gaming Control Center Review
- Fitbit Alta Fitness Wristband Review
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition