Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH, the European subsidiary of Shuttle Inc., one of the leading developers and manufacturers of compact PC solutions such as the world-renowned XPC Mini-PC Barebones, today launches its 2011 model with Intel X58 Express chipset and support for all Intel Core i7 processors (LGA1366).
The Shuttle XPC Barebone SX58H7 Pro cuts an elegant figure with a black aluminium chassis, case and front panel. It also boasts two heatpipe cooling systems - ideal for ensuring optimal heat dissipation and high stability.
Owners of this powerpack have a choice to fit either two single-slot graphics cards or one dual-slot graphics card. Two PCIe-x16-2.0 slots offer an enormous bandwidth and a separate Mini-PCIe-x1 slot allows the installation e.g. of a WLAN module.
A further important innovation is the provision of external and internal ports to the latest standards. Shuttle's SX58H7 Pro has 2x USB 3.0 (up to 5 Gbit/s) and 2x SATA 6 Gbit/s. External storage media and internal drives (hard disks or SSDs) can now run at maximum speed. In addition, at the front and rear are 8x USB 2.0, 2x eSATA and 1x eSATA/USB 2.0 ports as well as eSATA power supply.
Two 1000 Mbit network cards on the mainboard of the SX58H7 Pro offer maximum reliability or maximum data transmission speed. The teaming function enables the activation of failover or load balancing.
With the 80-PLUS-certified 500 W power supply unit, a maximum configuration with 6-core processor, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, one or two modern graphics cards and three drives is possible at any time. A comparable configuration was presented live at CeBIT 2011 and silenced the skeptics.
"The technical possibilities offered here within a space measuring just 32.6 x 20.8 x 18.9 cm are simply astounding," states Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH. "Although we'd be hard pushed to win an energy-saving competition with the SX58H7 Pro, in the performance per cm³ category this PC is streets ahead of its rivals."
The XPC Barebone SX58H7 Pro is available now. Shuttle's recommended retail price is EUR 444.00 (ex VAT). For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications